Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Raptors 11/9/17

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I don't blame him man these refs are crap and have been

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Part of being a professional is understanding when to shut your mouth. Yes, the refs have been bad, but Boogie has also been bad. He is just frustrated, but he has to handle it like man - not a little you-know-what.

Love Boogie but he's the reason we lost that half. He should've let Jrue do his thing, so he can save his energy for the defensive end that he keeps neglecting

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Part of being a professional is understanding when to shut your mouth. Yes, the refs have been bad, but Boogie has also been bad. He is just frustrated, but he has to handle it like man - not a little you-know-what.
    Ehh he's getting hacked down low guys are able to go through his body and it's a steal I mean I'd be pissed too

Cousins is a selfish player.
    If it isn't his night then it can't be the teams night either.

Correct

Ehh he's getting hacked down low guys are able to go through his body and it's a steal I mean I'd be pissed too

Oh man, for sure. He has been getting murdered, but that's on Alvin Gentry. As a player, Boogie has to play through it. His coach should be in the ref's ear every trip down the floor.

I'm expecting Boogie to have a huge 3rd quarter. AD too. I think they take over like they did in Indiana.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Yeah, unfortunately when things don't go his way he's got that "B-A-ness" gene.

Fortunately for him, he's got a matchup he can dominate pretty easily when his head gets back in to the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well Cousins tried his best to give the game away that half.

Probably the worst half of ball he's played while here.

And that's fine, but he has to understand that him getting angry like this doesn't just affect him. It makes him lose his focus, which leads to tunnel vision where he just wants to make things happen. That stops ball movement, reduces smart shots, leads to turnovers, and hot team mates going cold. Which makes us lose. And if he pisses the refs off enough, they start calling everything against us cause they get pissed off too. So he should at least shut up for the good of the team, if not himself.
    Basketball.

All-Star
    I don’t get how anybody can tell him to just shut up and stop trying to force the issue when the refs all have a bad opinion of him as in him forcing contact and crying for foul calls.
    Looks like he likes pushing the limit every time until he his finally right and gets something going his way

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

the funny thing is that he was the one who told jrue that he has to score more and have big nights lol...

Good news is, he is probably going to go off in the 2nd half. Lord knows we need him or AD to do something this half.

Oh man, for sure. He has been getting murdered, but that's on Alvin Gentry. As a player, Boogie has to play through it. His coach should be in the ref's ear every trip down the floor.

I'm expecting Boogie to have a huge 3rd quarter. AD too. I think they take over like they did in Indiana.
    This is our MO just odd to have Jrue going off and boogie being off.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Politely disagree. I think boogie wants to win. Boogie needs to shut up and make plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Good news is, he is probably going to go off in the 2nd half. Lord knows we need him or AD to do something this half.
    Yeah I expect AD to get tired of being down like he has in the past and just go nuclear. I don't see it being Boogie tonight, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Politely disagree. I think boogie wants to win. Boogie needs to shut up and make plays.
    Didn't say he doesn't want to win, but if things aren't going his way, then there are other ways to get involved with the team if your shots aren't falling.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Dude is good enough to do other things when his barreling to the basket isn't working. He had a great pass to Miller on the corner three and the near And-1 on the alley to AD. He's just got to exhibit some patience. I think he'll figure it out tonight. Too much talent not to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah I expect AD to get tired of being down like he has in the past and just go nuclear. I don't see it being Boogie tonight, but I'd be happy to be wrong.
    Either one will do. Jrue currently has more points than both combined. That's not how this works.

the thing is, the touch on his shot is off (from both 3pt land and the line), and so he doesn't want to settle for those threes, and so then he keeps pulling it down and putting it on the floor where all the mischief is happening.

Some of that is an offense problem. A lot of it is him seeming to press for some reason from the opening bell. That last foul of the half though...that was a Gentry problem. He's got 2 fouls, is ragged, he should have been pulled for the last minute to save fouls for a second half where hopefully he had better composure. Now he's 1 foul from having to sit for a while and the Pels getting in trouble.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-09-2017 at 07:55 PM.

game's still right there for either team, as it always is with this Pels squad.

When Rondo get back, Boogie want be able to make that many plays because Rondo is savage enough to either yell at him or stop passing him the ball

2 good passes Cunningham for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    When Rondo get back, Boogie want be able to make that many plays because Rondo is savage enough to either yell at him or stop passing him the ball
    That's true. Rondo will probably kept him in lane while he plays.

Moore wtf man

Thread Information