Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After last nights games we are tied for 8th seed.

Edited title: The way too early look at the standings thread that bugs one person.

This will be a running look at the standings and where we sit. I will update this first post occasionally as the season goes along.

Public service announcement: Please do not read this thread if you are not a loser. sarchasm for the slow folks

As of the games on 11-7 and the three game win streak we are currently tied for the 6th seed and 2 games out of 1st.

We are tied with the Nuggets and Blazers so at worst even with tiebreakers that would be 8th.

We are currently ahead of notable teams like the Clippers, Jazz, and Thunder for now.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 11-08-2017 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Running update

Well MM lurked and took notice of this and apparently you're a loser for making it....
    Thanks for this though man helps some of us who don't have time to look things like this up.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

That's very good news. There were a lot of changes to many teams and fortunately the Pels are not the only ones who need time to gel

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Better than not bring tied for 11th seed, right?

Also, hey Mike if you can see this: Some of us remember you saying you'd never post on TD because the people were horrific and then you did. Then posting there you'd never come back here because the people are too dumb. Then you did. Then making a whole event of leaving Twitter and making it so dramatic, only to return not too long after. Kinda comes off like a hypocrite. Add that in with the fact that just about 90% Pels related thing youve ever predicted has been either false or unprovable heresy and you've got a hell of a track record to call anyone anything.

So, I've got no real issue with you personally. You're a great writer and do seem to have sources with the team. But don't you think the act is a bit tired at this point? The whole "southpark rude to people to be cool" thing... It comes off as projecting and usually unnecessary. Let's just leave each other alone, doogie. There's too few of us Pels fans as it is.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 11-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Well MM lurked and took notice of this and apparently you're a loser for making it....
    Thanks for this though man helps some of us who don't have time to look things like this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

Also, hey Mike if you can see this: Some of us remember you saying you'd never post on TD because the people were horrific and then you did. Then posting there you'd never come back here because the people are too dumb. Then you did. Then making a whole event of leaving Twitter and making it so dramatic, only to return not too long after. Kinda comes off like a hypocrite. Add that in with the fact that just about 90% Pels related thing youve ever predicted has been either false or unprovable heresy and you've got a hell of a track record to call anyone anything.

So, I've got no real issue with you personally. You're a great writer and do seem to have sources with the team. But don't you think the act is a bit tired at this point? The whole "southpark rude to people to be cool" thing... It comes off as projecting and usually unnecessary. Let's just leave each other alone, doogie. There's too few of us Pels fans as it is.
    Well that's a shame considering I am one of the few posters left on here that actually thought he had some good insight. I guess you can now count me in the group of folks that say good riddance. I will also stop visiting BBS and listening to the podcasts as well. Great job guy keep calling people that support you names and see how that ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Well that's a shame considering I am one of the few posters left on here that actually thought he had some good insight. I guess you can now count me in the group of folks that say good riddance. I will also stop visiting BBS and listening to the podcasts as well. Great job guy keep calling people that support you names and see how that ends up.
    Same actually. I liked the insight. Smh

I think it's kind of cool we are 5-5 right now instead of 1-9 like last year.

I'll add in another positive while we're at it. You don't want to be firing on all cylinders at the start of the season. We are playing playing some woeful ball, interspersed with some really good play, we're at .500 with a lot of players to welcome back/gain form.

Lot of reason for optimism

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'll add in another positive while we're at it. You don't want to be firing on all cylinders at the start of the season. We are playing playing some woeful ball, interspersed with some really good play, we're at .500 with a lot of players to welcome back/gain form.

Lot of reason for optimism
    Playing crappy and still winning? I'll take it can't wait to see what we look like when we play good

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Playing crappy and still winning?
    Sure as hell better than playing crappy and losing

We’re doing ok....

Genuinely think we have underperformed and have probably dropped 3 games that we should have won...but it does look like we’re starting to click...and Rondo coming back too will obviously help improve that.
    '' We are here!!''

Sure as hell better than playing crappy and losing
    Lol. Yeah, talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

Nicely put.

Is MM Crewz on TD?

Nicely put.

Is MM Crewz on TD?
    Yep

I would like to thank the moderator that deleted the nonsense in here yesterday. Let's keep it about basketball.

Had they beat Minnesota like they should have at home, they'd be the 3rd seed behind Houston and Golden St. right now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Had they beat Minnesota like they should have at home, they'd be the 3rd seed behind Houston and Golden St. right now.
    So now, not only are we talking about standings 71 games out, but what standings WOULD BE if a game or two would have went differently?

LMAO!!
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I’m curious, do y’all think Rondo will improve the team once he’s out there playing in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I’m curious, do y’all think Rondo will improve the team once he’s out there playing in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think so. I would think he will help with the flow on offense when things get rocky and easy buckets with his passing. Not to mention his defense when he locks in.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So now, not only are we talking about standings 71 games out, but what standings WOULD BE if a game or two would have went differently?

LMAO!!
    You seriously started an e-mail campaign to try to get a paid journalist fired from his job. Now you're having a hissy-fit because you got ripped on in a bulletin board thread? LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

LMAO!!
    Its a message board for "fans" that's the purpose fans discuss the team they root for. No matter how pointless it might seem to you or anyone its something to track and discuss. If the team was 0-11 it would be discussed although its "71 games out" right? So let the fans enjoy the team and the most successful start in years and go troll another board.

Still not a fan of the team outside of Davis & Boogie. Absolutely abysmal performances get outshines with AD and Boogie having GOAT numbers. If this team had a competent GM... We would be fighting for the 1st seed instead of this desperate mess of a roster grinding out wins to get above .500. Jrue's deal is gonna be what it is... Terrible. He never lived up to this $44 million dollar contract. What makes anyone think that he can live up to a $125 million contract. I understand being optimistic, but it is what it is. If you don't learn from history, you're doom to repeat it. Just that vibe...

The only game we "should" have won was minny. I'll take it though because we will get one guy back in a few weeks and another in a few months. A lot can happen before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Still not a fan of the team outside of Davis & Boogie. Absolutely abysmal performances get outshines with AD and Boogie having GOAT numbers. If this team had a competent GM... We would be fighting for the 1st seed instead of this desperate mess of a roster grinding out wins to get above .500. Jrue's deal is gonna be what it is... Terrible. He never lived up to this $44 million dollar contract. What makes anyone think that he can live up to a $125 million contract. I understand being optimistic, but it is what it is. If you don't learn from history, you're doom to repeat it. Just that vibe...
    Jrue may have a long stretch of 25/10 games. If we are lucky that will be in February and March.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Jrue may have a long stretch of 25/10 games. If we are lucky that will be in February and March.
    Why not? He did last year. Between the beginning of January and all-star break he was averaging 22/10.5 with 2.9 steals a game shooting 40% from three. Don't be surprised if another stretch that comes out of nowhere
    Basketball.

Thread Information