Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The official 'Jrue Holiday's 3pt shooting will regress to the mean' thread

Jrue is a solid two-way guard, but his outside shooting hurt the team the first 10 games. He's shooting 22.5% from beyond the arc including 0-14 in the last four games. Ouch.

On the plus side he's shooting a high percentage on his 2-point attempts. Overall that tells me he's trying to avoid shooting from the stupid zone, which may be messing up his offense. Jrue came up as a mid-range guy. I'm willing to give him some time to adjust to being asked to be more of an efficient scorer in accord with today's NBA offensive principles.

Okay we are not talking about a rookie here, he is a HIGH PRICED veteran getting paid ELITE money. He should be performing like an ELITE player and he is not even close to that.
    I am so tired of the excuses, it was mistake resigning. Can you we just ALL admit that? What we are getting now is basically what we saw all of last season......erratic play.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Jrue is a solid two-way guard, but his outside shooting hurt the team the first 10 games. He's shooting 22.5% from beyond the arc including 0-14 in the last four games. Ouch.

On the plus side he's shooting a high percentage on his 2-point attempts. Overall that tells me he's trying to avoid shooting from the stupid zone, which may be messing up his offense. Jrue came up as a mid-range guy. I'm willing to give him some time to adjust to being asked to be more of an efficient scorer in accord with today's NBA offensive principles.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    My whole problem with making Jrue a 2 was his lack of outside spot up shooting. Maybe he'd have been able to settle in and focus on that role in the offense more if it weren't for Rondo's injury.

Jrue is about due for one of those games where everyone starts to think he turned the corner. Then follows it up with a so-so performance, then a few games later we are back to talking about Jrue coming out of his latest funk.

Such seems to be the story on Jrue Holiday's career. Like the guard version of Jeff Green. By all accounts based on his physical profile and the skillset he came into the league with, he should be a dominating player by now, but it just looks like it isn't going to ever happen.

When you get down to it, he is about the same player he was in Philly. A streaky guard that shows flashes, can be tenacious on the defense but takes games off or makes several erratic and bonehead mistakes a game. Not ready to lead an offense, not ideal as a floor spreading or slashing two guard. Has the physical tools to post up and live at the line but has never shown a commitment to developing either. A jumper that should of steadily improved but looks like it will forever stagnate in a place that is neither reliable nor well suited at either guard spot.

Yea I mean he was awful last night

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Jrue is about due for one of those games where everyone starts to think he turned the corner. Then follows it up with a so-so performance, then a few games later we are back to talking about Jrue coming out of his latest funk.

Such seems to be the story on Jrue Holiday's career. Like the guard version of Jeff Green. By all accounts based on his physical profile and the skillset he came into the league with, he should be a dominating player by now, but it just looks like it isn't going to ever happen.

When you get down to it, he is about the same player he was in Philly. A streaky guard that shows flashes, can be tenacious on the defense but takes games off or makes several erratic and bonehead mistakes a game. Not ready to lead an offense, not ideal as a floor spreading or slashing two guard. Has the physical tools to post up and live at the line but has never shown a commitment to developing either. A jumper that should of steadily improved but looks like it will forever stagnate in a place that is neither reliable nor well suited at either guard spot.
    Nostradamus?

Part one: Check

It's pretty obvious Jrue has mental issues. Even though he's played thousands of games in front of large crowds, dude just seems to shrink and can't handle big moments on a big stage.

His talent and physique alone will make him have big games every now and then but he's otherwise a constant under achiever.

We'll see what Rondo brings. All of the critiques you guys give are valid and fair. But they're also things a good floor general bolsters in a player. I think it's quite possible having a leader on the court can push Jrue over some of these mental hurdles. Nelson has the game but he doesn't have the presence. Rondo has both. I think by this time next month we'll see a different Jrue.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information