Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The official 'Jrue Holiday's 3pt shooting will regress to the mean' thread

The official 'Jrue Holiday's 3pt shooting will regress to the mean' thread

Looking for positives right now, Jrue is shooting 25% from three where his career % is 36%

Gotta sling back soon

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Looking for positives right now, Jrue is shooting 25% from three where his career % is 36%

Gotta sling back soon
    I hope so. I also think teams are paying him extra attention. If he us our supposed third piece he needs to find more consistency. If I can see that we struggle to win when he is off you can bet other teams see it. You plan to play AD n Boogie straight up, hope they don't drop 50 on you and shut everyone else down and you will have a chance to win. We must find a consistent third scorer.

Banned
    Buyers Remorse

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Buyers Remorse

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I hope so. I also think teams are paying him extra attention. If he us our supposed third piece he needs to find more consistency. If I can see that we struggle to win when he is off you can bet other teams see it. You plan to play AD n Boogie straight up, hope they don't drop 50 on you and shut everyone else down and you will have a chance to win. We must find a consistent third scorer.
    There's definitely some truth to this, I think it's mainly due to their billing as a big three and the media attention over the summer being that Jrue has to step up. Of course that's true, but any coach worth his salt would understand the pressure that puts on Jrue and would game plan around upsetting his already rocky confidence.
    Basketball.

Can you imagine the free agents we could have signed with the money we WASTED on Holiday. I mean seriously, the guy has regressed and should
    not be making the same money as a Chris Paul. I sure hope he prove me wrong.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Can you imagine the free agents we could have signed with the money we WASTED on Holiday. I mean seriously, the guy has regressed and should
    not be making the same money as a Chris Paul. I sure hope he prove me wrong.
    That is not how the NBA salary cap works. You don't get $25 million to sign someone else by not using bird rights on Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That is not how the NBA salary cap works. You don't get $25 million to sign someone else by not using bird rights on Jrue.
    I wa going to post the same thing but I'm tired of repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Jrue is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    = Everything is fine burning room gif.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Didn't we have this exact same thread last year with Hill posting career worst pct and still ended up with career worst pct?

Positives?
    He won't be getting his insentives which means less money on the team cap.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Positives?
    He won't be getting his insentives which means less money on the team cap.
    This made me check exactly what his incentives were. It's broken up into two parts each year.

510K likely for playing in 66 games [reg/post], playing 2,075 minutes.
    255K likely for playing in 67 gamess [reg/post], averaging 7.3 AST and 3.15 REB.

He's on track for the 1st, but not the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This made me check exactly what his incentives were. It's broken up into two parts each year.

255K likely for playing in 67 gamess [reg/post], averaging 7.3 AST and 3.15 REB.

They are the only incentives?
    66 games and he gets paid another 500k.
    **** Dell is a complete idiot.
    For 25M he should be playing 75+.

They are the only incentives?
    66 games and he gets paid another 500k.
    **** Dell is a complete idiot.
    For 25M he should be playing 75+.
    66 games plus 2075 minutes. He's only played more minutes than that once while being a Pels.

Oh I understand that but I was just making a point how we (mgmt.)waste money. We could and probably should have let him just walk. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Wait a minute. Demps gave him an incentive for assists? Is that why he's been passing up all of these shots mid-air for bad passes?
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 11-05-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Wait a minute. Demps gave him an incentive for assists? Is that why he's been passing up all of these shots mid-air for bad passes?
    Or the fact he is supposed to be a SG.
    7.3 AST is quite high for a SG.

Right. He should've had an incentive to score 18-20ppg while shooting 45%fg.

He's been starting at the point with Rondo out

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's been starting at the point with Rondo out
    Dell wouldn't of own known this to be the case.

Dell wouldn't of own known this to be the case.
    Yes, it's strange that Dell would put an assists incentive in for a shooting guard, maybe he was ear marked to play point at that stage? Geesus

Jrue was signed before we had Rondo. We knew we were going to be pairing him with a guard but not at what position, it makes sense for his incentives to be based off of his previously played position.

Why everybody keeps saying he was supposed to be a SG?. He never played this position before. I never read about it but on this forum. I never heard Dell or Gentry talk about it. We had a lot of luck with Rondo and it's not like the Pels were really looking for a point guard. It's just a coincidence that some here were saying he should play SG and then Rondo was signed.

I think it should be noted that Jrue said that AD told him Rondo would possibly be joining. I would assume Demps had knowledge of this as well. As well as Gentry saying he would like to move Jrue off the ball at the end of last season.

Weird incentive, but it doesn't hurt us unless Jrue continues to be passive to try to hit the number, when we need him to be aggressive scoring the ball.

Thread Information