Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Bulls 11-4-17

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you're trying to tell me playing basketball is harder on the body than being a miner/quarry worker/metalworker/brickworker/masonry/12 hour shifts in warehouses/etc, then feel free to be ignorant.
    I worked in a warehouse for a year. I can tell you an AAU weekend required more energy than a work week. At least for me.

Does anyone know the record for lowest combined score for a game in the post-shot clock era?
    Basketball.

Cousins looks absolutely exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I worked in a warehouse for a year. I can tell you an AAU weekend required more energy than a work week. At least for me.
    That's fair enough on an individual level. I also did warehouse work for about a year, and I can tell you I personally would rather swap for the NBA life, especially in this modern era where it's less physically damaging than ever and they're cutting back to backs down. I remember doing 13 straight 10 hour days at the warehouse and I felt like death.

That's true, and I appreciate it makes things more difficult, especially with a bad front office, but as I said it's the kind of excuse that wouldn't fly in any other profession even if it were true for them. So if no one else can use it, I'm not taking it from people who do a job which is less physically damaging and who get compensated much more generously.
    You don't have to like it but it is the human condition in action. What is unrealistic is to expect that level of stress on any body, in any physical field, and expect them to perform at the same level. It is true for humans employed in the NBA and it is true for humans employed at FoxConn. What you are also not accounting for is the disruption of traveling. It is one thing to work a long shift back to back, it is another to have to hop on a plane, disrupt your sleep patterns, get jet lagged, and than be tired for your shift. It is an additional level of wear on a person.

Thats not to say there aren't things you can do as a person and as an organization to help overcome and compensate for that stuff, like having a better roster so the wear and tear on back to backs are not as great on your stars, having the chemistry on the squad be at its peak like a well oiled machine, and having coaches that manage the players and those situations as best as possible. All things I think the Pelicans lack.

That's true, and I appreciate it makes things more difficult, especially with a bad front office, but as I said it's the kind of excuse that wouldn't fly in any other profession even if it were true for them. So if no one else can use it, I'm not taking it from people who do a job which is less physically damaging and who get compensated much more generously.
    No one is saying it as an excuse. It's a reason. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be playing with energy.

Just because some of our guys are exhausted doesn't mean we should be playing lazy.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No one is saying it as an excuse. It's a reason. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be playing with energy.
    That's what I'm saying, although you have phrased it better. Yes it's understandable, we get that you're tired, and it definitely sucks, but you have to find something in there and run with it like the rest of the world does.

That's fair enough on an individual level. I also did warehouse work for about a year, and I can tell you I personally would rather swap for the NBA life, especially in this modern era where it's less physically damaging than ever and they're cutting back to backs down. I remember doing 13 straight 10 hour days at the warehouse and I felt like death.
    I'm going to guess you aren't a 7ft tall 250 pound man trying to do that.

I'm going to guess you aren't a 7ft tall 250 pound man trying to do that.
    6'2 230 haha. If I was 7ft 250 I'd be trying to "can't teach height" my way into the league

Might need to reduce Cousins minutes a bit on back to backs
    SIGN A SF

6'2 230 haha. If I was 7ft 250 I'd be trying to "can't teach height" my way into the league
    Yeah. That extra 10 inches and 20+ pounds is a lot of extra tear on the body. Even if doing the same amount of work.

Banned
    Sounds like a awful lot of EXCUSES.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Might need to reduce Cousins minutes a bit on back to backs
    That would be nice, but that's where the extreme 2-man gang nature of this team becomes a major issue. The Big 2 can't rest, and they can't miss games, or you almost can't win. People need to step up to get the workload within reasonable limits for the top guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    That would be nice, but that's where the extreme 2-man gang nature of this team becomes a major issue. The Big 2 can't rest, and they can't miss games, or you almost can't win. People need to step up to get the workload within reasonable limits for the top guys.

dont worry..3 words

The Turkish Hammer

Yeah. That extra 10 inches and 20+ pounds is a lot of extra tear on the body. Even if doing the same amount of work.
    No doubt, like I said I'm not saying they're not justified in being exhausted. Just got to dig deep, and make something happen. Especially for the guys who didn't really explode last game.

As a side note, I found the record: apparently the Bulls played the Heat on April 10th 1999, and only scored 49 points total. Kornel David had a team high 13 points.

Sure they do. Especially teams that have 1/3 of their roster injured.
    I was being sarcastic.

I think the players and Gentry get a pass on fatigue and how many minutes AD and Boogie played the night before while the team is recovering.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Bulls with the goaltend, then the over and back, Bulls just getting away with anything

Demps is on the hot seat, he needs to make a move before fatigue causes another injury

WE NEED A BACK UP BIG ASAP.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Do we just draw all of the bad refs or what lol

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Do we just draw all of the bad refs or what lol

Seems like it. Haven't been able to buy a call for like three straight games now

Seems like it. Haven't been able to buy a call for like three straight games now
    Yeah it's getting wild.

Lmao, wow Cunningham. Wow

Yeah I feel you man, I'll trade with them in a heartbeat lol

Thread Information