Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Bulls 11-4-17

I'm shocked that AD and Cousins having played 40 minutes last night look exhausted so far in this one.

Shocked...... Smh

Moore has a terrible case of tunnel vision once you give him the ball anywhere near scoring position. All of a sudden he's MJ and it's flat going up no matter who is open.

Our team looks exhausted and flat.

Not a single pelican crossed half court there. It was Tony Allen in the paint Vs the whole bulls team and not ONE pel ran back at all.
    Basketball.

Long range 2s are killing us.

Basketball Guru
    jrue and the back up players have to win this game...

Cut Josh Smith if he can't play

this is entirely a just survive and sneak out a win late type game.

Continuing to take long range 2s.

Basketball Guru
    i thought qpon was out for the year lol..

Diallo energy could help in this game

I don't understand the tired argument. Tons of people do harder jobs for longer hours and if they couldn't be bothered to do it properly the next day they'd be fired. I don't give that excuse to them.

I just don't understand how Holiday can be so bad at shooting threes when we have one of the better proven shooting coaches in the league.

Vinson has turned Eric Gordon into a sharpshooter, rebuilt AD's shot, helped Cunningham become a reliable corner guy, steadily improved Tyreke Evans who is now shooting at respectable marks. I'm at the point where I am shocked When Jrue knocks one down no matter how open.

Banned
    Alvin Gentry has his team Full of Deep Confidence you guys don't worry

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't understand the tired argument. Tons of people do harder jobs for longer hours and if they couldn't be bothered to do it properly the next day they'd be fired. I don't give that excuse to them.
    lol something is wrong with you...you are trying to compare playing in a hard sports game to....never mind lol smh...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol something is wrong with you...you are trying to compare playing in a hard sports game to....never mind lol smh...
    If you're trying to tell me playing basketball is harder on the body than being a miner/quarry worker/metalworker/brickworker/masonry/12 hour shifts in warehouses/etc, then feel free to be ignorant.

Fast on track to keep up with our 18 turnovers a game.

Banned
    Look at the bright side with Alvin Gentry as our Head Coach we have a 30-35% of winning this game

Boogie is playing 3mpg more than he has ever played. Remove Portland game and AD is playing 4mpg more than he has ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The margin for error in sports is much more magnified when you are tired.

Think about it though. So they play last night in Dallas. Our stars all play big minutes, nearly 40 a piece. Probably don't get on the plane until 10:30. Not getting to sleep til after midnight at the earliest. So you are jet lagged, off your sleep schedule, then have to play another intense game a few hours after getting up. Even the best in the game are going to have that create some effect on them.

Of course it doesnt help that we have a fairly non-disciplinarian coach, a large talent drop off, and chemistry issues.

The only thing that might keep us in this game is Chicago doesn't look like they want to play either.

OMG. No other team has trouble maintaining energy on the second night of back to back road games. OMG.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    OMG. No other team has trouble maintaining energy on the second night of back to back road games. OMG.
    Sure they do. Especially teams that have 1/3 of their roster injured.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The margin for error in sports is much more magnified when you are tired.

Think about it though. So they play last night in Dallas. Our stars all play big minutes, nearly 40 a piece. Probably don't get on the plane until 10:30. Not getting to sleep til after midnight at the earliest. So you are jet lagged, off your sleep schedule, then have to play another intense game a few hours after getting up. Even the best in the game are going to have that create some effect on them.

Of course it doesnt help that we have a fairly non-disciplinarian coach, a large talent drop off, and chemistry issues.
    That's true, and I appreciate it makes things more difficult, especially with a bad front office, but as I said it's the kind of excuse that wouldn't fly in any other profession even if it were true for them. So if no one else can use it, I'm not taking it from people who do a job which is less physically damaging and who get compensated much more generously.

Jameer giveth, Jameer taketh away.

Thread Information