Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Mavericks 11-3-17

WHAT THE ******** MOORE

Just when I thought I'd seen it all from this team

This team is so frustrating sometimes.

That might be the dumbest series of passes I've ever seen.

And at the half, this is how we look.

AD and Boogie: 35/18/8
    Rest of the team: 20/9/7
    Basketball.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What is is it about this team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moore just gave a perfect example of the mindset of this team. They expect AD and Boogie to score all the points while they rack up assists number

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Moore just gave a perfect example of the mindset of this team. They expect AD and Boogie to score all the points while they rack up assists number
    I don't even think they're conscious of the assist numbers. There just seems to be this awareness that AD and Boogie are much better than them. Whilst that's true, it leads to this feeling that, in all given moments, it would be better if they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

But Holiday was supposed to be the 3rd scorer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I was thinking AD and Boogie need to sit out practice from now on

The rest of the team needs to learn how to play the game of basketball without those two

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Literally ever
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

You can add in

AD and Boogie: 13-17FG
    Rest of the team: 8-26FG

I just don't get it. If I were a supporting cast member I'd be bleeping humiliated and pissed off at myself. Those are bunnies too. Not a single Mav gives a flying bleep whether any of those other guys shoot or not. All the attention is on the towers, and STILL you can't execute high school level wide open shots? Somebody has to go down there and start slapping some guys awake. With that interior pairing, all the scrubbies have to do is not get embarrassed, and it's a real good team.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    But Holiday was supposed to be the 3rd scorer. lol

Ill trade jrue for harrison barnes and i never wanted barnes on the team in the past but him,,AD and boogie would be a bad front court.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    You can add in

I just don't get it. If I were a supporting cast member I'd be bleeping humiliated and pissed off at myself. Those are bunnies too. Not a single Mav gives a flying bleep whether any of those other guys shoot or not. All the attention is on the towers, and STILL you can't execute high school level wide open shots? Somebody has to go down there and start slapping some guys awake. With that interior pairing, all the scrubbies have to do is not get embarrassed, and it's a real good team.
    The most confusing thing is that we know they can do it. Moore had 24 against the Cavs. Do we expect that every game? Of course not, but even 12 reliably would be amazing. Jrue spent 6 weeks last season averaging 22. Do we expect that for a whole season? No, but 19 would be fine and we'd take it. We aren't asking them to play out of their skins every game, just to maintain 70% what they've shown they're capable of in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    You can add in

Well if you're Holiday and Asik your laughing all the way to the bank. He robbed Benson without a mask.

Basketball Guru
    Do some of yall still dont want reggie jackson as our 3rd scorer?...

LeBron had 57 against the Wizards tonight. AD needs at least 45/15 to take performance of the night. I believe in him.

Smith got tired of being blocked by AD

This is what we need. Blow them out so AD and Cousins can not play 40 minutes tonight and be ready tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

AD was pissed!!!

Jrue is such a bad shooter

Jrue has at least 5 dimes. Boogie has at least a dozen boards. Davis has two dozen points and we have won all 3 quarters with boogie playing 6 min in the second. The game day board needs to happen and it needs to be named "hyperbole". Jrue has been awful on offense but still we are winning.

Nice handle Moore

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Jrue has at least 5 dimes. Boogie has at least a dozen boards. Davis has two dozen points and we have won all 3 quarters with boogie playing 6 min in the second. The game day board needs to happen and it needs to be named "hyperbole". Jrue has been awful on offense but still we are winning.
    As much as I agree with you that this board is overly pessimistic 75% of the time, I also understand the philosophy of thinking "boy, if our role players can't even show up against the Mavericks, that's not a good sign".

Thread Information