Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pelicans at Mavericks 11-3-17

Nelson was -19

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Nelson was -19
    I'm not super worried about him. I also don't put much stock into plus minus anyway. Nelson's shot was off but he never looks in over his head out there.

James Johnson just screwed the pels btw. Miami was going to win the game, and then he idiotically fouled Milsap on a 3pt attempt with 11 seconds to go. Dumb enough play he should come play for the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    James Johnson just screwed the pels btw. Miami was going to win the game, and then he idiotically fouled Milsap on a 3pt attempt with 11 seconds to go. Dumb enough play he should come play for the Pels.
    We aren't making the playoffs.

We aren't making the playoffs.
    That's a silly thing to say with so much confidence. The team is right in the middle of it.

Then Rondo will come back, Allen will hopefully reach full minutes status, Hill will come back midseason, and it would be nice if Dell, incompetent though he is, got a helpful piece in trade. At least he's looking.

Every chance. No guarantee. But there are two extremely obvious reasons to think they might.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-03-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Don't be silly. The team is right in the middle of it.

Then Rondo will come back, Allen will hopefully reach full minutes status, Hill will come back midseason, and it would be nice if Dell, incompetent though he is, got a helpful peice in trade. At least he's looking.

Every chance. No guarantee. But there are two extremely obvious reasons to think they might.
    I fully agree. Thinking positively is a cardinal sin to some, but we have every chance of making the playoffs. Right now the Clippers are the one seed, we can almost guarantee that's not happening. Wolves are the four seed, that's very probably not happening. Grizzlies are the sixth seed when three games ago they were up at the top of the western conference. We're still so early in the season, it's impossible to know who the last three playoff spots will go to, and it could easily be us.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We played the worst team in the NBA, AD and Boogie both played 40 and 39 minutes, and this game came down to the last minutes.

A win is a win, sure, but no way should anyone "just be happy". We almost threw this game away with poor play. Heck we missed 2 FTs to ice the game at the end. Our entire 4th qtr offense was some of the worst we've played all year.

We have consistently failed to close out qtrs for 3 games in a row now. Take the win, but no one should be content with what we just watched. I bet you ask any player on the team and they'd say the same thing.
    I agree if there's a win to be discouraged by it's this one. Not only are the Mavericks not a good team but they didn't play a good game and we still couldn't put em away early.

Only positive to take from this game is that Tony Allen is making Moore expendable. Gives you everything Moore does without the jump shot but gives more toughness, energy and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I agree if there's a win to be discouraged by it's this one. Not only are the Mavericks not a good team but they didn't play a good game and we still couldn't put em away early.

Only positive to take from this game is that Tony Allen is making Moore expendable. Gives you everything Moore does without the jump shot but gives more toughness, energy and defense.
    I'm not discouraged by the win, but I'm certainly not going into the next game feeling like maybe we turned a corner as a team. It was an ugly win which is better than the two previous games that were ugly loses, but geez was that 4th qtr terrible.

Funny I see Allen giving the team everything Dante doesn't, not Moore.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I honestly think we need to make a trade for a SF shooter. One or two adjustments will change the team. I’m not worried yet. If Rondo had played all games so far our record would be above .500. I really think he is going to solve a lot of our problems when he comes back. He played great ball in the playoffs last year. I think Jrue will excel with Rondo because there will be less pressure and he can let rondo run this team because he is the quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugly game but win is a win. I will take IT! Now please give Me another one in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I honestly think we need to make a trade for a SF shooter. One or two adjustments will change the team. I’m not worried yet. If Rondo had played all games so far our record would be above .500. I really think he is going to solve a lot of our problems when he comes back. He played great ball in the playoffs last year. I think Jrue will excel with Rondo because there will be less pressure and he can let rondo run this team because he is the quarterback.

Maybe bring Omri Casspi Back?
    Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it

Quote Originally Posted by alonshin View Post
    Maybe bring Omri Casspi Back?
    As soon as I saw him playing with the Warriors, I got so irritated. Lol. I would’ve loved to see him with us this year.
    RIP FlyGirl

Banned
    A Win is a W in the column. But again we see a disorganized team running playground park ball on the court.
    DC and AD are not going to be able to keep up this pace over the long haul. The Turkish Hammer is coming back soon according to sources inside the franchise.
    But that is only going to spell these guys a few minutes per game. The problem is when they are off the court we have no Leader on the floor. Jrue Holiday is nothing but a 6-7 man player inserted into a starting role on this team. So can't expect Prime Rib out of Alpo dog food. Up next the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    A Win is a W in the column. But again we see a disorganized team running playground park ball on the court.
    DC and AD are not going to be able to keep up this pace over the long haul. The Turkish Hammer is coming back soon according to sources inside the franchise.
    But that is only going to spell these guys a few minutes per game. The problem is when they are off the court we have no Leader on the floor. Jrue Holiday is nothing but a 6-7 man player inserted into a starting role on this team. So can't expect Prime Rib out of Alpo dog food. Up next the Bulls.
    You keep on saying sources inside the franchise, where are you getting this from?

I just watched the game. I am really concerned with AD and Boogie minutes especially that there is another game tonight. They have been playing way too many minutes since the beginning of the season. I really like what Tony Allen gives this team. Hopefully he will be able to play more minutes. Cunningham is a disappointment and I think we should get much better when Hill is back even if he doesnt make as big improvement as I expect him to. AD Boogie chemistry is great though. I see many Dell haters here but this duo has a chance to become something really special. Both can handle the ball and are wiling and capable passers. Both of them are scoring tons of points and getting a lot of rebounds. Cousins is adding a lot of assists and AD blocks. If Cousins stays here we should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I see many Dell haters here but this duo has a chance to become something really special.
    They're already doing special things. Those two alone can't carry 13 other scrubs to a title

They're already doing special things. Those two alone can't carry 13 other scrubs to a title
    The thing is that it's much easier to add good role players to these two all stars to make a great team with title potential rather than build around one star. What I want to say is that we might be much close to a real contender than many here think. The team can look completely different next year. Most players are on 1 year contracts.

The thing is that it's much easier to add good role players to these two all stars to make a great team with title potential rather than build around one star. What I want to say is that we might be much close to a real contender than many here think. The team can look completely different next year. Most players are on 1 year contracts.
    I still think we're a Dudley and Chandler away from competing for a title this year. This team just needs balance and good role players.

I still think we're a Dudley and Chandler away from competing for a title this year. This team just needs balance and good role players.
    I dont think that would be enough but I think this team has a real chance at the title if Cousins stays and the right move are made

I forgot to add that I was very happy that Miller made three 3pointers. It would be great if he became more consistent

I forgot to add that I was very happy that Miller made three 3pointers. It would be great if he became more consistent
    It got me thinking if Miller and Crawford were both un-guaranteed, who would have been cut?

I don't think we've seen the best of Miller yet and I saw at least one good play where he D'ed up Dirk into a missed shot

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Pelicans at Mavericks 11-3-17

Our backups have to be consistent. If we see solid improvement from backups as a whole I think we will make playoffs. If Nelson, Clark and Miller and Moore hit 3s at a higher percentage I see the team being very strong. Miller should shoot 4-7 3s a game if he can get in a groove. If he can become a role player for us it’s going to make a huge difference.

I am concerned about AD and Cousins getting too many minutes. We need 10-15 minutes from a backup big. Ajinca should get 2-5min. Diallo needs a few more chances at center. Give him 5-10 min if he stops screwing up. Getting another big or a SF that can hustle and give AD and cousins a break should be our priority.

Rondo returns and I see him getting 10-13 assists per game. When Hill returns our defense will be stronger.

Thread Information