Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pels were 3rd team in Pistons-Suns Bledsoe Deal

Pels were 3rd team in Pistons-Suns Bledsoe Deal

Last edited by All Metro; 11-02-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    SIGN A SF

Didn't even know there were talks what the hell??

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Might've beat you to it? Or not.

But we would've also traded Ajinca and Asik and our 1st.

I'm kinda unsure how to feel.

The good: we would have gotten rid of Asik and Ajinca

The bad: adios 1st round pick

The unknown: hello Reggie Jackson

Would have been a pretty interesting what if, if that actually happened. But oh well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Might've beat you to it? Or not.

But we would've also traded Ajinca and Asik and our 1st.

I'm kinda unsure how to feel.
    same here

I have to figure it was Phoenix that balked. Damn it. Why'd they say no? Unwilling to add any salary whatsoever? Aren't they all in on the Michael Porter Jr sweepstakes?

damn I wouldve loved this trade

Just cut out the middle man. What more does Phoenix want? Ugh. I wish I knew things.

Maybe I should drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Just cut out the middle man. What more does Phoenix want? Ugh. I wish I knew things.

Maybe I should drink.
    all we had to give up was a 1st and 2 bums to get back a quality scorer.. now im sad

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    all we had to give up was a 1st and 2 bums to get back a quality scorer.. now im sad
    On the plus side, the fact that we were even involved implies that at least Dell isn't sat on his hands not even trying. Maybe now that this has fallen through he'll turn to the Okafor situation?
    Basketball.

I am surprised Phoenix turned down two first round picks

they are probably holding out for a young player and 1st. i hope they can somehow 360 back to this deal but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    they are probably holding out for a young player and 1st. i hope they can somehow 360 back to this deal but I doubt it.
    It's possible. Wouldn't be the first time that a team has let a 'failed' offer go public so that they can see what anyone else has to beat it, only to end up taking the first offer (or something close to it) when nothing better arises.

Why aren't we targeting Tyson Chandler?!?! None of this makes sense.... Smh

I would of loved the trade...we need a playmaking guard. Jrue is just not the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Somehow this trade makes us 7 wins better, perhaps it rounds us out a little more.

Pels get: Tobias Harris (3 yrs/$16m per), Tyson Chandler (2 yrs/$13m per), Reggie Jackson (2 yrs/$16m per)

Suns get: Andre Drummond, Solo Hill, Chieck Diallo

Pistons get: Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, E'twan Moore

I know it's great to get rid of Asik and Ajinca but I don't see how this trade would make the team better. Unless you deal Holiday or Moore, your just adding more of the same (another combo guard that's a good not great 3 point shooter like Holiday and in some ways Moore, Clark, and Frank Jackson). If we were to get in that trade I feel like getting a wing that can guard the perimeter with a consistent 3 point shot would be an upgrade or a decent big to come off the bench. It's just a typical Demps trade. Short time gamble that jeopardize long term success.

The Franchise
    We'd have had the same issue if we got Bledsoe as with Jackson. Who starts Reggie or Rondo? I think I'd like to work a few small moves before we move our first. Move some seconds with players like Moore, Ajinca and Diallo for viable players. After December 15th we could move Allen and Miller for other small pieces.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Fascinating that we'd be willing to ship our first to get yet another PG, even if it unloaded all our dead cap. If we had Jameer, Rondo, Jackson, Clark and Moore that would move Jrue to essentially exclusively SF minutes I guess. Weird.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Fascinating that we'd be willing to ship our first to get yet another PG, even if it unloaded all our dead cap. If we had Jameer, Rondo, Jackson, Clark and Moore that would move Jrue to essentially exclusively SF minutes I guess. Weird.
    Agreed! I just think it's to many of the same pieces. Holiday, Jackson, Clark, Frank Jackson, and for the most part Moore are basically the same player (a combo guard that really is a solid but not great role player). It would really make me question Demps plan. I know he's fascinated with 6'3 combo guards tho.

In order to move Asik or Ajinca, our trade package will have to include our 1st Rd. pick.

Yeah but the trade doesn’t really solve any of our problems. Jrue will probably be even more passive, Cunningham will still be the starting SF, and we don't have any quality bigs to come off the bench.

I wouldn't see this move as a "we're going all in for this season" fellas. I think the team feels more comfortable about Boogie than we do and they are looking to the next few seasons. Pickup Jackson, shed all that dead money, make the playoffs this year, then let Rondo and others walk while we move forward with Jackson, Jrue, Boogie, AD, and some flexibility to actually get pisses that fit around that.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I wouldn't see this move as a "we're going all in for this season" fellas. I think the team feels more comfortable about Boogie than we do and they are looking to the next few seasons. Pickup Jackson, shed all that dead money, make the playoffs this year, then let Rondo and others walk while we move forward with Jackson, Jrue, Boogie, AD, and some flexibility to actually get pisses that fit around that.
    I think your giving Demps to much credit. I don't think Holiday and Jackson fit together with Boogie and AD. Those are two low IQ guards. Besides, Rondo is Boogie's guy not Jackson. Also, Rondo is a high IQ point guard which both Holiday and Jackson aren't. I just think combo guards are Demps fetish.

Thread Information