.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 107

Thread: Pels were 3rd team in Pistons-Suns Bledsoe Deal

  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Philly I think would need a decent experienced guard and I think Moore fit that. I like Moore but I think he's our only real tradeable asset that is worth close to his pay. It comes down to what do we need more, a backup big and guard or a starting guard we could replace and who will move to the bench when Rondo comes back.
    Solo at 12mil is better than Moore at 8 mil, let that sink in

    Moore is medoicore as hell and 1 and 82 games scores 20 points

    No one wants his bum ****** except us
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-04-2017 at 01:15 PM.

  2. #77
    ADfan23 tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Solo at 12mil is better than Moore at 8 mil, let that sink in

    Moore is medoicore as hell and 1 and 82 games scores 20 points

    No one wants his bum ****** except us
    Did we really to get how bad solo was... I like more the thing is he isn't a starter
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Solo at 12mil is better than Moore at 8 mil, let that sink in

    Moore is medoicore as hell and 1 and 82 games scores 20 points

    No one wants his bum ****** except us
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Did we really to get how bad solo was... I like more the thing is he isn't a starter
    This is like arguing which is better? Cancer or Aids.

    Fact is Demps made the unwise error of jumping head first into the 2016 free agency pool where every role players price was incredibly inflated due to so many teams being flush with cash. Moore and Solo would of gotten less than half of what they got in 2016 if they were to enter FA in 2017, all things being equal as if they were coming into 2016.

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This is like arguing which is better? Cancer or Aids.

    Fact is Demps made the unwise error of jumping head first into the 2016 free agency pool where every role players price was incredibly inflated due to so many teams being flush with cash. Moore and Solo would of gotten less than half of what they got in 2016 if they were to enter FA in 2017, all things being equal as if they were coming into 2016.
    Meanwhile two dudes he could have had at a fair price in the past few years - aminu and ennis - are starting for playoff teams.

  5. #80
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This is like arguing which is better? Cancer or Aids.

    Fact is Demps made the unwise error of jumping head first into the 2016 free agency pool where every role players price was incredibly inflated due to so many teams being flush with cash. Moore and Solo would of gotten less than half of what they got in 2016 if they were to enter FA in 2017, all things being equal as if they were coming into 2016.
    In hindsight, both moves were absolutely terrible. It stinks to me of Demps trying to save his job as we have built mediocre squads for the past few years now, so he was desperate to build a winning team. His time was running out until the Boogie trade (which fell into his lap tbh) and now we are stuck with several awful contracts. If he could have seen into the future that Boogie would land in NOLA, I doubt he would have signed either player. We now have way more pull than we ever did, but we don't have the space to make any moves. At times like this all you can do is laugh.

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    In hindsight, both moves were absolutely terrible. It stinks to me of Demps trying to save his job as we have built mediocre squads for the past few years now, so he was desperate to build a winning team. His time was running out until the Boogie trade (which fell into his lap tbh) and now we are stuck with several awful contracts. If he could have seen into the future that Boogie would land in NOLA, I doubt he would have signed either player. We now have way more pull than we ever did, but we don't have the space to make any moves. At times like this all you can do is laugh.
    #Pelslife lol

  7. #82
    This could quite possibly be the 2 dumbest teams in the NBA.

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Did we really to get how bad solo was... I like more the thing is he isn't a starter
    Solo helped this team in the ways we thought he would outside of scoring. It's pretty evident this year. His contract is not a "bad" one. Neither is Moore.

  9. #84
    Jameer has a lovely jumper

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Solo helped this team in the ways we thought he would outside of scoring. It's pretty evident this year. His contract is not a "bad" one. Neither is Moore.
    More than 8 mil for a mediocre back up is a bad contract

  11. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Solo helped this team in the ways we thought he would outside of scoring. It's pretty evident this year. His contract is not a "bad" one. Neither is Moore.
    People forget how bad he was most of last season to the point he was benched last year.

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    People forget how bad he was most of last season to the point he was benched last year.
    Yeah if you are to line up all the starting small forwards in the league, how many would Solo realistically start over?

    Paul Zipser? Because that is basically all I got.

    Moral of the story, you don't pay 12 million for the 29th best starting small forward in the league.

  13. #88
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,642
    Instead, Bledsoe is Milwaukee bound. Annoying we couldn't get in on that action. Get Monroe for ourselves.

  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Instead, Bledsoe is Milwaukee bound. Annoying we couldn't get in on that action. Get Monroe for ourselves.
    I'm just going to go and say it, the Bucks are going to be the 3rd best team in the East this year. They are currently the 10th best team in the East, but they are also without Jabari Parker. With Parker coming back, and now a legit PG to put next to Malcolm Brogdon, their ball movement will be off the charts.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  15. #90
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Instead, Bledsoe is Milwaukee bound. Annoying we couldn't get in on that action. Get Monroe for ourselves.
    That's alot of money for a backup. Unless you're trading Boogie.

  16. #91
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That's alot of money for a backup. Unless you're trading Boogie.
    Monroe expires this year. So if you're dumping Asik/Ajinca and it doesn't cost you a 1, that's not a bad move. Might only cost you a 2nd round pick if Asik's medical means insurance pays out contract.

  17. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Monroe expires this year. So if you're dumping Asik/Ajinca and it doesn't cost you a 1, that's not a bad move. Might only cost you a 2nd round pick if Asik's medical means insurance pays out contract.
    That medical retirement option would only be available to this team, not if he's traded. Looking less likely that will happen. Would probably cost a first and they would also have to send out another small contract like Dante to stay under the lux tax.

  18. #93
    The Bledsoe deal is Exhibit A why you don't hand out bad contracts just because it's the best option you've got at the time. It's always better to do nothing than to do something stupid. When you do nothing, you preserve your ability to something smart later on when the opportunity arises (which it always does, eventually). When you do something stupid, like hand out inflated longterm contracts to role players, you can't do something smart later and you stay stupid. Management 101.

  19. #94
    Monroe -could- be bought out by the Suns and sign with us on the cheap?

  20. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Monroe expires this year. So if you're dumping Asik/Ajinca and it doesn't cost you a 1, that's not a bad move. Might only cost you a 2nd round pick if Asik's medical means insurance pays out contract.
    To be clear Asik's contract is already being paid out by insurance. The problem is his cap hold is still on the team that has him, so it's dead money.

    Also as was pointed out, he can only medically retire with the team he is currently on.

    So, I like the thought process unfortunately doesn't work for us in this situation. I'd be pretty happy with Monroe as a backup this year.

    There's still the hope Monroe gets bought out and wants to come home to play though. Fingers crossed.

  21. #96
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    The Bledsoe deal is Exhibit A why you don't hand out bad contracts just because it's the best option you've got at the time. It's always better to do nothing than to do something stupid. When you do nothing, you preserve your ability to something smart later on when the opportunity arises (which it always does, eventually). When you do something stupid, like hand out inflated longterm contracts to role players, you can't do something smart later and you stay stupid. Management 101.
    Could you give an example of a small market team doing nothing, letting a great player just walk, and then good things happened?

  22. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Instead, Bledsoe is Milwaukee bound. Annoying we couldn't get in on that action. Get Monroe for ourselves.
    That's who I want. He would be perfect as the third big in the rotation. I want to buy, beg, borrow, or steal a way to sign him if he is bought out by pheonix

  23. #98
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    There's still the hope Monroe gets bought out and wants to come home to play though. Fingers crossed.
    We would still have to get rid of a contract even to take him on at a near minimum deal.

  24. #99
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We would still have to get rid of a contract even to take him on at a near minimum deal.
    What I don't understand is can the Pelicans just go over the cap and by the Feb deadline make trades that would take them below?
    Wouldn't they then save on the tax?
    Or as soon as they are over that counts?

    Thanks

  25. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We would still have to get rid of a contract even to take him on at a near minimum deal.
    Yep, 15 guaranteed contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What I don't understand is can the Pelicans just go over the cap and by the Feb deadline make trades that would take them below?
    Wouldn't they then save on the tax?
    Or as soon as they are over that counts?

    Thanks
    This used to be how it was in the previous CBA but there were some changes made to it in the new CBA that started this season. I'm sure there is still some cap magic that could be done but the league did make it harder. I'd have to look up the exact changes done to speak more in detail on it, it's been awhile since I read it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •