.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 107

Thread: Pels were 3rd team in Pistons-Suns Bledsoe Deal

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Yeah but the trade doesn’t really solve any of our problems. Jrue will probably be even more passive, Cunningham will still be the starting SF, and we don't have any quality bigs to come off the bench.
    Very good call. Glad this fell through

  2. #27
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I think your giving Demps to much credit. I don't think Holiday and Jackson fit together with Boogie and AD. Those are two low IQ guards. Besides, Rondo is Boogie's guy not Jackson. Also, Rondo is a high IQ point guard which both Holiday and Jackson aren't. I just think combo guards are Demps fetish.
    Giving him too much credit?

    Or looking at the entire scope of moves we've made over the past year instead of making an emotional judgement based off of one rumor?

  3. #28
    Demps deserves credit? Where?

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I think your giving Demps to much credit. I don't think Holiday and Jackson fit together with Boogie and AD. Those are two low IQ guards. Besides, Rondo is Boogie's guy not Jackson. Also, Rondo is a high IQ point guard which both Holiday and Jackson aren't. I just think combo guards are Demps fetish.
    I don't think Jrue is low IQ. I think he actually thinks too much. He's a very methodical player.

    --------------

    More interesting to me is if the Pels were willing to do this trade then we can assume a few things. Asik probably isn't going to medically retire, otherwise we wouldn't spend a pick to dump him. We must also feel comfortable about being able to bring in a backup center if we were willing to not only dump Asik but also Ajinca. This move would give us 1 more roster spot which would have to be used on a center.

    However, the bigger issue might be this deal puts us basically ontop of the luxury tax. We'd be taking money back and we already were less than 1m from the tax. We'd almost have to make an additional move to clear some more money. I'm assuming that'd be moving one of our guards.

    I'm actually not sure who would have backed out of the deal. I'm assuming Phoenix is trying to drum up some last minute interest by leaking the trade, but with us so close to the cap maybe we wanted to toss 1 more player in and they wouldn't budge.

  5. #30
    I would be ecstatic with this trade and hope it gets done in some way. This team needs a reliable, confident third option scorer on the team who can create off the dribble. We've seen Jrue ain't that, Reggie J is that kind of player. Go watch some of his highlights from this season. This can relieve some pressure off Jrue and he can thrive in a defensive anchor/ fourth scoring option role.

    They can then trade Moore for a wing or back-up big man.

    Sure, Rondo should be starting if healthy, but he's had two injuries just in the past few months and is on the wrong side of 30. Can even start him and play Jrue at SF with his ability to guard bigger players.

    Get it done, Demps!!

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Giving him too much credit?

    Or looking at the entire scope of moves we've made over the past year instead of making an emotional judgement based off of one rumor?
    Well tell me how does getting Reggie Jackson attract Boogie into resigning here? And how does getting Jackson solve any of the problems with have with lack of outside shooting, perimeter defending of wings, and wing and bigs depth? We have a roster full of point and combo guards. How would getting another combo guard with a low bball IQ and good not great 3 pt shooter would help?

    Also, if you can explain to me Dell Demps "plan" in a logical sense I think the whole message board here and tigerdroppings will give you a Jrue Holiday money lol. Because originally Demps wanted Dwight Howard to pair with AD instead of Boogie. Also, he came into the offseason saying we are going to sign shooters but all we did was overpay Holiday, sign Rondo, Miller (a D-league caliber player) and Clark (who was really an afterthought with got at a vet min), and draft Frank Jackson (another combo guard that's a good not great shooter). He really doesn't have a plan outside of fulling a roster full of 6'3 guards to pair with AD and Boogie.

  7. #32
    frank jackson shot 39.5% from three in college. dude is a great shooter

  8. #33
    Go get Reggie Dell!

  9. #34
    DC is not going to resign based on anything but WINS.
    This team is on the wrong side on the Win Loss column. Making this trade won’t change anything.
    Rondo isn’t going to fix this offense. Until they realize how to win adding players with this Head Coach is not the answer.
    Asik the Turkish Hammer is working out they are planning for his return soon.

  10. #35
    Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,515

    Pels were 3rd team in Pistons-Suns Bledsoe Deal

    PHX canoodles two teams into offering a 1st then backs out. Okay, PHX we get it. You want a bidding war.

    If New Orleans can throw in 3 mil cash to cover the guaranteed portion of Asiks final year, no one is beating that deal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #36
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Well tell me how does getting Reggie Jackson attract Boogie into resigning here? And how does getting Jackson solve any of the problems with have with lack of outside shooting, perimeter defending of wings, and wing and bigs depth? We have a roster full of point and combo guards. How would getting another combo guard with a low bball IQ and good not great 3 pt shooter would help?

    Also, if you can explain to me Dell Demps "plan" in a logical sense I think the whole message board here and tigerdroppings will give you a Jrue Holiday money lol. Because originally Demps wanted Dwight Howard to pair with AD instead of Boogie. Also, he came into the offseason saying we are going to sign shooters but all we did was overpay Holiday, sign Rondo, Miller (a D-league caliber player) and Clark (who was really an afterthought with got at a vet min), and draft Frank Jackson (another combo guard that's a good not great shooter). He really doesn't have a plan outside of fulling a roster full of 6'3 guards to pair with AD and Boogie.
    Trying to piece this together......

    But this team was on the brink of a chasm so dark that it made Fischer and MM seem kind of realistic instead of the deep emo whiners we now know them to be....yet....here we are. You're frustrated. But you're frustrated because we have a losing record and we all know this can be great. So. From deep depressive chasm as dark as MM's soul to hopeful. That's actually a pretty good track record. Teams can't be overhauled in one off-season. As you said, Dell wanted to go a traditional route and pair AD with a banger at C. We got Boogie which is awesome but demands a completely different roster than the AD/Howard pairing.

    We can all sit here and say "Cousins will in resign if blah blah blah" but that's just ignorance. You don't know Boogie. You don't know what is motivating him or where is head is. Yet, we're now spouting off this ignorance like it is some scientifically proven fact? Crazy talk. Please take that back to tigerdroppings. Keep it there.

    And you sure throw the low IQ tag around. Pure ignorance.

  12. #37
    Something else I just thought of, if this trade went through or some version of it we would only have 3 injured players on the roster (Rondo, Jackson, Hill) this would mean we would no longer qualify for the hardship exception and Smith would have to either be signed or let go. If we kept him we would effectively have 5 bigs on the team but only 2 that could play center and 1 of those would be your starting PF.

    I'd have to imagine we let him go to sign a center.

  13. #38
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,540
    Stop trading for veterans that can't outplay their contract. Jesus Christ. Same issues, different day. Here's why we suck: we have zero young, inexpensive basketball players who are well-rounded basketball players. Just do your work and draft intelligently. Build. Slowly. I don't care if Boogie re-signs or doesn't re-sign. He's not the issue. The inability to find inexpensive, quality wings and guards is the issue. The front office should be allowed to make zero decisions right now. Zero.

    Had we made zero trades, we'd have AD and 5 1st rounders right now + money not sunk into these dumbass players. Instead, lets trade another 1st for another dumbass player.

  14. #39
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Stop trading for veterans that can't outplay their contract. Jesus Christ. Same issues, different day. Here's why we suck: we have zero young, inexpensive basketball players who are well-rounded basketball players. Just do your work and draft intelligently. Build. Slowly. I don't care if Boogie re-signs or doesn't re-sign. He's not the issue. The inability to find inexpensive, quality wings and guards is the issue. The front office should be allowed to make zero decisions right now. Zero.

    Had we made zero trades, we'd have AD and 5 1st rounders right now + money not sunk into these dumbass players. Instead, lets trade another 1st for another dumbass player.
    Not possible. The owner wants them to win now. I've accepted it, even if I loathe it.

    They have no interest in keeping the young players even after we get them. I'm fully anticipatory of them trading Frank Jackson and Cheik Diallo at some point too.

  15. #40
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,551
    i hope we can get this deal back on the table....next give up a 2nd for okafor......next month try and trade moore and diallo for a wing.....we would have outside or just more scoring with jackson and 3 bigs that can score inside no matter which one is on the court.....hopefully defense and scoring from the new wing player......team set and lets go...

  16. #41
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,655
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i hope we can get this deal back on the table....next give up a 2nd for okafor......next month try and trade moore and diallo for a wing.....we would have outside or just more scoring with jackson and 3 bigs that can score inside no matter which one is on the court.....hopefully defense and scoring from the new wing player......team set and lets go...
    We cannot trade a 2nd for Okafor without them taking back $5 million in contracts. The trade was stupid and thank goodness it did not go through. Demps is just flat out dumb when it comes to constructing a team.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Trying to piece this together......

    But this team was on the brink of a chasm so dark that it made Fischer and MM seem kind of realistic instead of the deep emo whiners we now know them to be....yet....here we are. You're frustrated. But you're frustrated because we have a losing record and we all know this can be great. So. From deep depressive chasm as dark as MM's soul to hopeful. That's actually a pretty good track record. Teams can't be overhauled in one off-season. As you said, Dell wanted to go a traditional route and pair AD with a banger at C. We got Boogie which is awesome but demands a completely different roster than the AD/Howard pairing.

    We can all sit here and say "Cousins will in resign if blah blah blah" but that's just ignorance. You don't know Boogie. You don't know what is motivating him or where is head is. Yet, we're now spouting off this ignorance like it is some scientifically proven fact? Crazy talk. Please take that back to tigerdroppings. Keep it there.

    And you sure throw the low IQ tag around. Pure ignorance.
    Wait.. I'm not sure what you are talking about?

    I'm not entirely frustrated because we are losing. I'm frustrated management keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over. We have the best two bigs in the game but Dell keeps setting this franchise back with these deals. Trading away our first round pick for another combo guard that doesn't cure our weakness is not a good move.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We cannot trade a 2nd for Okafor without them taking back $5 million in contracts. The trade was stupid and thank goodness it did not go through. Demps is just flat out dumb when it comes to constructing a team.
    YES!!! That's what I'm saying.

  19. #44

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Of course you say that publicly.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Of course you say that publicly.
    The deal never really made sense for anyone involved except Phoenix. Could've been a false rumor they leaked to get a gauge of things

  22. #47
    If this is true, Dell was about to stick the final dagger in this organisation

    Jackson today 3/11 with 1/4 threes. He is Jrue incarnate

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    The deal never really made sense for anyone involved except Phoenix. Could've been a false rumor they leaked to get a gauge of things
    MM confirmed it was a real deal but was dependent on a 2nd trade for a big.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If this is true, Dell was about to stick the final dagger in this organisation

    Jackson today 3/11 with 1/4 threes. He is Jrue incarnate
    Come on, you know better than to judge based off one game. His 3pt % is lower than his average but so far this season he's averaging 16-6-4 while playing only 29 minutes a game.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If this is true, Dell was about to stick the final dagger in this organisation

    Jackson today 3/11 with 1/4 threes. He is Jrue incarnate
    That's what I'm saying!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •