Pelicans Report

Thread: Same movie and director, with just some different actors

Same movie and director, with just some different actors

Folks unfortunately even after only 8 games it's clear to see this is the same movie and director with just some different actors.
    We still have Gentry the poor director and actors like Holiday acting awful at crucial times. I think it's time to pull this movie from the theaters
    and fire the director. Unfortunately we are stuck with some of the actors. Seriously though folks why does it seem like we look so lost out there
    most of the times?

Lost, dazed, confused, etc. We look flat out crazy sometimes. Every now and then I get a glimpse of the team I want to see.
    RIP FlyGirl

The 2 big model won’t win in today’s nba. Trade Boogie for Cleveland’s 1st from the Celtics via NJ and find a trade for AD and start fresh with competent management. Nobody wants to hear it but it’s the truth. This team as constructed ain’t gonna win
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    The 2 big model won’t win in today’s nba. Trade Boogie for Cleveland’s 1st from the Celtics via NJ and find a trade for AD and start fresh with competent management. Nobody wants to hear it but it’s the truth. This team as constructed ain’t gonna win
    I have literally never understood this concept. If AD was 28 and Boogie was 31, I guess it would make sense. But the entire point of getting draft picks and assets is to get a hold on an AD or a Boogie. So we trade a guaranteed star who's only 24 and on a team friendly contract, in the hopes that we draft... Another young star for a good contract? Boogie I can kind of understand cause he's not locked up for multiple years, but the trade AD crowd just strike me as masochists.
    Basketball.

...we get to go McDonalds
    There's nothing to say the 2-big model won't work with an average backcourt. We can definitely say the 2-big + ********e backcourt model won't work though.

The model works. You can easily see how dominate the duo are. They would even be more dominate if they are reffed like guards. If you breath on a guard it's a foul. Whereas the league will allow teams to be much more physical with Bigs. At the end of the day, talent and quality depth is a necessity in the West. We have very little outside of Davis/Cousins.

Thread Information