Pelicans Report

Thread: The Lakers and Suns have better records than us.

The Lakers and Suns have better records than us.

These were considered top tier tank teams coming into the season and suddenly we're 3rd worst in the West with those two ahead of us. Suns are 4-1 since firing their coach. I think Gentry should go, now. The amount of stupid turnovers this team commits is ridiculous. I'd rather give AD post ups all game than have E'Twaun Moore tryna dribble drive off a hand off or Boogie constantly tryna barrel his way through 5 players for an off balance 'floater'.

The structure isn't there, every game we let a non-star go off from 3 because we don't defend it at all, the offense shows hints of being good but it's not worth it if we're turning the ball over 20 times a night.

It's only 8 games. The Cavs have a losing record and the Warriors look just ok. Not that I have a great deal of faith in this team, but if you thought this team was solid it's too early to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It's only 8 games. The Cavs have a losing record and the Warriors look just ok. Not that I have a great deal of faith in this team, but if you thought this team was solid it's too early to panic.
    The team goal was to come out and start the year strong. They failed that already. They beat themselves with too many stupid plays and lack of focus/identity. I think thats a coaching issue.

#pelslife

I can’t figure out what bothers me more, Gentry’s rotations or the constant 3-point shooting.
    RIP FlyGirl

Just because others are doing poorly doesn't make our poor performance acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

The Cavs also plays in the east. They can sleep for half a season and still make the playoffs. The Pelicans don't have that luxury in the west.

I am just glad that at the end of the day we know who our point guard is...

#pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    The team goal was to come out and start the year strong. They failed that already. They beat themselves with too many stupid plays and lack of focus/identity. I think thats a coaching issue.
    Agreed. However if this team win 50 games and a playoff series this start won't matter. Now I've been as pessimistic about the future as almost any fan here, but 8 games isn't enough. This team still has injuries and still lack time together. After 20 games if we still struggling I've be the first person with the shovels throwing dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Just because others are doing poorly doesn't make our poor performance acceptable.
    I certainly wouldn't call it acceptable, but if we go on a 10 or 11 game win streak this early losing won't be a big deal. I'm just saying be cool as 8 games just isnt sufficient data to make any conclusion on the team. The bad start doesn't bode well, but this is the NBA and teams can easily get better sometimes even significantly throughout the season.

I would be intrigued to try and bring in Mario Hezonja. I know he has been abysmal defensively but if he could just be a guy that gives us the 10-15 minutes Miller was supposed to and actually hit threes that would probably be good to have won 1-2 more of these games. Plus he still has a lot of upside and should come relatively cheap if the Magic are just planning on letting him walk.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm not happy with things as they are no more than the next guy, but their record is utterly meaningless.

We've played one more game than the Lakers and the Suns are a whopping ONE game better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm not happy with things as they are no more than the next guy, but their record is utterly meaningless.

We've played one more game than the Lakers and the Suns are a whopping ONE game better than us.
    Look what a coaching overhaul did for the Suns

Completely turned around a basketcase into a veritable juggernaut

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

You're serious?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Ehhh, I wouldn’t be so quick to annoit the Suns just yet. The Wizards are struggling against bad teams right now due to a lack of bench depth and inconsistent play from their star players. Just like the Pels.

Basketball Guru
    give the team until the all star break when the hurt players are back on the team,,by then we should know how good or bad the team is....

NBA Math annually produces these fun graphs for every team and the league, and posts them on their twitter feed. These are the Pels by Total Points Added (basically a Box/Plus Minus modified by minutes):

and after you get beyond the Big 2, nobody is moving the needle, not the guys you like, not the guys you don't. Dante is of course running it in reverse. Everybody else? Meh..
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-02-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Thread Information