Pelicans Report

Thread: Henzonja and Okafor available

The Franchise

Henzonja and Okafor available

I think both would be nice options and could be fairly cheap. On rumors okafor could try for a buyout especially since they didn't take his next year option. Henzonja could be a little more costly, kings offered a player and a second rounder but that doesn't sound too bad. May have to wait for Dec 15th for moves though.

Edit. After seeing they declined options on next year, if we traded for them we'd lose the right to match if they do well. In this case I'm not offering a lot for either, still want them though.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 11-01-2017 at 04:08 PM.

We need a back up big man in the worst way and I like both players, I would differently look into trying to acquire one of these players, lets go to work Dell

ive wanted heznoja for a hot minute. but we would need him to play the 3

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    ive wanted heznoja for a hot minute. but we would need him to play the 3
    He's 6'8 and been playing some PF for Orlando so I'm sure he'd be fine at sf.

Okafor can be had for a 2nd round pick?

Where do I sign up?
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-jahlil-okafor

Colangelo has remained determined to find an Okafor trade that will bring the Sixers back an asset, but the Sixers ultimate deal point could be centered on future second-round draft picks, league sources told ESPN.
    So your backup big situation becomes Diallo and Okafor, Okafor allows Diallo to guard the pf and not take on the bigger challenge.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Throw Ajinca and a 2nd at both and see if you can get either.

The Franchise
    I’d give Ajinca, diallo and a second for okafor and luwawu. I’d trade Moore for Henzonja and a second. Then try the second rounder we acquired andsomething else for Lyles. With this I’ve just setup the bench
    Bench
    Nelson/Jackson
    Clark/luwawu
    Henzonja
    Lyles
    Okafor

I'm really not sure about Okafor. Anyone willing to sell me on him? I know he's probably got one of the best offensive games in the league around the basket, he'd be incredible in 2003, but his defense is not good at all. On the other hand, we don't really have a reliable backup big at all right now outside of Diallo. Is his offense and ability to fill a need good enough to offset his awful defense? Haven't seen him play enough to know.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm really not sure about Okafor. Anyone willing to sell me on him? I know he's probably got one of the best offensive games in the league around the basket, he'd be incredible in 2003, but his defense is not good at all. On the other hand, we don't really have a reliable backup big at all right now outside of Diallo. Is his offense and ability to fill a need good enough to offset his awful defense? Haven't seen him play enough to know.
    You would be bringing him in to be a 15 minute a night guy. In that role I think he is a clear upgrade over anything we have on the roster, despite defensive deficiencies.

Sort of like Kanter was for OKC. You aren't giving him minutes to lock down the paint, but he can put points up and ensure your team doesnt fall off a cliff in net rating like is happening right now when Cousins or Davis sits. I like Hezonja simply because he is a prospect thats current skill set fits a need.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    You would be bringing him in to be a 15 minute a night guy. In that role I think he is a clear upgrade over anything we have on the roster, despite defensive deficiencies.

Sort of like Kanter was for OKC. You aren't giving him minutes to lock down the paint, but he can put points up and ensure your team doesnt fall off a cliff in net rating like is happening right now when Cousins or Davis sits. I like Hezonja simply because he is a prospect thats current skill set fits a need.
    In that case, if we were able to put together a decent enough offer that wouldn't negatively impact the team too much (wouldn't want to part with Moore for example) then I'd be willing to it. I'm trusting your judgement on Okafor here, so if I'm wrong nobody kill me.

Hed be the perfect back up big for boogie and ad and he'd get pretty decent mins backing them both up. Pretty good scorer meh on D. But philly did want alot for him last year but now who knows what they want.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Just watched some of his highlight compilations on YouTube and Okafor confuses me. Why doesn't he get any run at all for Philly? His per 100 numbers are great, his per 36 numbers are solid, his footwork is really high quality and he has multiple moves under the basket and in the paint. Obviously his defensive issues are one thing and his style is anachronistic, but they're seriously playing Amir Johnson and Richaun Holmes over him? Seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just watched some of his highlight compilations on YouTube and Okafor confuses me. Why doesn't he get any run at all for Philly? His per 100 numbers are great, his per 36 numbers are solid, his footwork is really high quality and he has multiple moves under the basket and in the paint. Obviously his defensive issues are one thing and his style is anachronistic, but they're seriously playing Amir Johnson and Richaun Holmes over him? Seems weird.
    Which is also weird that they were asking alot for him but yeah idk you'd think playing him and embid together would be a pretty good offensive punch.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Banned
    Just wait until the Turkish Hammers Returns !!!
    He is almost ready to get back to action
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrfRbDlKp6U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMRi7ke3asU

Thread Information