Pelicans Report

Thread: Short preseason is making...

Short preseason is making...

Everyone look mediocre so far.

For instance, we currently have 2 more losses than the number 1 seed, Memphis.

We currently have 1 more loss than the 2 and 3 seeded Rockets and Warriors.

The point is that everyone is starting slow so far. Now we should start to see more consistency going forward. On our case I think Rondo will have a stabilizing influence when he gets back. This should help with the perceived lack of effort like last night.

Also, I think we will see better play from Boogie as the season rolls forward. He will get in better shape as we move along.

Better play from Boogie? He was just named player of the week and having an MVP type season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Better play from Boogie? He was just named player of the week and having an MVP type season so far.
    I mean being able to maintain that level without looking tired every few games. Mainly, his conditioning will only improve as the season goes on.

His whole career he's been lazy on getting back on D

Not sure why you think it will suddenly change

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Everyone look mediocre so far.

For instance, we currently have 2 more losses than the number 1 seed, Memphis.

We currently have 1 more loss than the 2 and 3 seeded Rockets and Warriors.

The point is that everyone is starting slow so far. Now we should start to see more consistency going forward. On our case I think Rondo will have a stabilizing influence when he gets back. This should help with the perceived lack of effort like last night.

Also, I think we will see better play from Boogie as the season rolls forward. He will get in better shape as we move along.
    I agree with you. Rondo is going to make this team a lot better. What I want is to see the PELS get another quality big man who can really contribute. I think if we stay around .500 and don’t look like we are aiming for a 5th or 6th seed playoff spot then we should make a trade and go all out to get a SF or big that can take this team to another level. We don’t need a star but we do have problems that need to be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Our team is very new together. Nelson just got here. Rondo hasn't logged any season time. Boogie really is still a new addition. Tony Allen. Jrue at SG. They will only get more comfortable as the season progresses.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Our team is very new together. Nelson just got here. Rondo hasn't logged any season time. Boogie really is still a new addition. Tony Allen. Jrue at SG. They will only get more comfortable as the season progresses.
    I agree. We've already had an incredible start to the season compared to the last two years, and our record (3-4) could easily be 4-3 because the Warriors game was super close. Adding to that that we're about to play three awful teams + the Wolves (who have never beat us when AD is playing), we could very easily be 7-4 in ten days time. And that's with that Golden State game being close

So yeah, we've had some bad quarters, some awful possessions, some disappointing games even, but we are in a decent place to be, and we should improve as the season moves on. Remember: our opening schedule was a rough one.
    Basketball.

Thread Information