Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alvin Gentry does he remain Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    WARMING UP? Man his seat should've at least been on fire...I wanted it burned up already (Lol!)
    Warming up, like how you can boil a frog slowly without it jumping out! He's getting close to a boil.

Banned
    Just like my first post.
    It spells it out perfectly.
    Does he get 20 games? 40 games?
    I can’t see this team getting to .500 as is with Alvin Gentry.
    They have talent. I think it’s the negative energy of a Loser absorbing the life out this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Just like my first post.
    They have talent. I think it’s the negative energy of a Loser absorbing the life out this team.
    I'll bite.

20 for sure, unless they drop the next ten in a row or something.

Probably 40 at a minimum unless they look really terrible. I still think we will see improvement as the season progresses due to guys getting more comfortable in the system and getting guys back from injury.

The real question is, if they decide to axe Gentry do you let Dell go at the same time? I would think the answer would have to be yes. So who plays interim GM to try and salvage what would be an already bad season? Does that person have any power to make trades to improve the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Just like my first post.
    Last year it was, "Gentry will be gone in 2017-2018 if he has a slow showing after the first 20 games." Things aren't looking hot, but those same people are saying, "But he is coaching without Rondo, Hill, Ajinca, Asik, and Jackson." Those players that we are missing aren't putting us over the hump any more than they are losing us games. Those players are all interchangeable talents with the exception of Hill (and he was hardly a game changer). We have AD, Boogie, Jrue, Moore, and DC getting as many minuets as we would have expected from them. We have the talent playing to win more games than we have.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'll bite.

20 for sure, unless they drop the next ten in a row or something.

Probably 40 at a minimum unless they look really terrible. I still think we will see improvement as the season progresses due to guys getting more comfortable in the system and getting guys back from injury.

The real question is, if they decide to axe Gentry do you let Dell go at the same time? I would think the answer would have to be yes. So who plays interim GM to try and salvage what would be an already bad season? Does that person have any power to make trades to improve the team?
    Yes, you certainly let Demps go. The interim GM would be Danny Ferry, and that is fine. You wouldn't want Demps or Ferry making any huge moves, just let the next gm make those calls. Last thing we need is for Demps or Ferry to trade our 1st round pick for some magic beans, and then get canned in the offseason leaving the new management to come in and sort through this fresh mess.

Consider this: Demps’ Pelicans has traded the team’s 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 first-round picks for Holiday, Asik, and Cousins.

It's not just the coach. It's low IQ players, a GM who doesn't realize the same mistakes and an owner who cares less about this team than we do.

New Orleans Basketball is a lost cause.

If Gentry gets fired, I hope Demps goes at the same time. We cannot have Demps making the next hire.

what really worries me is the numer of minutes that AD and Boogie are playing in those games

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Consider this: Demps’ Pelicans has traded the team’s 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 first-round picks for Holiday, Asik, and Cousins.

It's not just the coach. It's low IQ players, a GM who doesn't realize the same mistakes and an owner who cares less about this team than we do.

New Orleans Basketball is a lost cause.
    Man I want this to be a basketball city so bad!
    RIP FlyGirl

Banned
    Look Guys I watched the game last night closely. We have talent as is. I like all the guys they play hard. We need some guidance someone with confidence so these guys believe in him. Alvin Gentry does not bring that. They look at him with doubt. His screaming at the Refs and yelling from the sideline to run plays is old. AD and DC are playing park ball on the floor for the most part. Jrue is just hanging around waiting for a pass or to get back on defense. I bet with some new young blood at Head Coach we can win some games we are suppose to win. We wont be in nail biters going into the 4th quarter. Good teams play relaxed and run the plays.

I actually said the same thing on Twitter a few weeks ago about us needing a young coach. I remember Tyronn Lue and Steve Kerr as players. Now they’ve found success as coaches. I’m only 28 years old but I think we need someone that I at least remember playing. *shrug* Almost anything is better than what we’ve got in the HC position right now. Lol.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If Gentry gets fired, I hope Demps goes at the same time. We cannot have Demps making the next hire.
    What would happen is you fire Gentry. And promote Erman or Finch to HC. Let them take over. See how it shakes out.

If we make the playoffs and have a satisfying run, he begrudgingly gets to make the next hire. Maybe.

But otherwise, given that we likely get either swept or fail to get out the 1st round, Demps definetly gets the boot. The boot the exact size and density of the state of Louisiana.

An epic booting that probably sends Demps into orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Last year it was, "Gentry will be gone in 2017-2018 if he has a slow showing after the first 20 games." Things aren't looking hot, but those same people are saying, "But he is coaching without Rondo, Hill, Ajinca, Asik, and Jackson." Those players that we are missing aren't putting us over the hump any more than they are losing us games. Those players are all interchangeable talents with the exception of Hill (and he was hardly a game changer). We have AD, Boogie, Jrue, Moore, and DC getting as many minuets as we would have expected from them. We have the talent playing to win more games than we have.
    Only wild card is Rondo. But that could go either way. Rajon looked like trash most of last season then flipped a switch later in the season and played like a difference maker.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Only wild card is Rondo. But that could go either way. Rajon looked like trash most of last season then flipped a switch later in the season and played like a difference maker.
    And preseason, yes. But we looked like something considerable in the brief time he was on the floor for us.

This team is another scorer away from being really good. I like the fact we tried to acquire Reggie, even though he can be injury prone.
    SIGN A SF

Thread Information