Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic at Pelicans in the Blender 10-30-17

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Reason why Gentry will coach himself out of a job.
    I hope he can do well this season, I hope that we can make the playoffs and he can stay on top next season, but if they can't attempt to make changes to their game plan this early in the season, I don't have much confidence that they will be able to flip that switch (successfully) later on in the year.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Doesn't matter who brings it up. With those two bigs, all Jrue has to do is penetrate and collapse the defense. Everything else is easy.

But he won't do it consistently because he's not coached to. Gentry is not a good coach for this team.

And when will the lazy passes end?
    Forgot about his lazy passes. He turned the ball over on several lazy, low basketball IQ passes. I'm afraid for him to handle the ball at times.
    Last edited by sterlr; 10-30-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if we could steal another teams coach, who would you want? And I mean a realistic coach, so not someone like Pop who will always be a Spur, or Kerr who would never leave his ultra-team.
    Is JVG an option? Does the coach have to be coaching right now?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is JVG an option? Does the coach have to be coaching right now?
    No super strict rules, can be an active coach or a coach who might coach again at some point. JVG is a plausible name.
    Basketball.

This game didn't help Boogie's avg.

Just out of curiosity, if we could steal another teams coach, who would you want? And I mean a realistic coach, so not someone like Pop who will always be a Spur, or Kerr who would never leave his ultra-team.
    I'm down with giving our current assistant coaches the opportunity to step up once management cans Gentry. Erman + Finch - Gentry = Monty Squared.

No super strict rules, can be an active coach or a coach who might coach again at some point. JVG is a plausible name.
    I would take Quinn Snyder, or Vogel.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    We need that 3rd big Asap.
    How does a 3rd big help our perimeter defense???
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

This game didn't help Boogie's avg.
    Boogie just didn't come to play from the start. Him and AD has to know there's no night off with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    How does a 3rd big help our perimeter defense???
    AD or Boogie would close out on Speights if they weren't so tired 2nd half.

I would take Quinn Snyder, or Vogel.
    I must admit, I've had a real wish for Snyder since halfway through last season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Would potentially a single season of Nerlens Noel be worth trading for, if we could?

Glad you recognise that Gentry, now do something about it for once.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Like, how the hell do you leave Speights wide open consistently in the 4th?

Painful.

Ya'll know what can fix this....TRADE!! Let's get those trade ideas rollin' boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Would potentially a single season of Nerlens Noel be worth trading for, if we could?
    Hmm, yea I think that's a pass due to his potential attitude issues and him wanting starter-esque playing time to earn himself a huge payday this summer. Would be great as a third big in theory, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    AD or Boogie would close out on Speights if they weren't so tired 2nd half.
    Lol and what would Chandler have done ???
    Last edited by tyler; 10-30-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Lol we don't need a big... WE NEED A WING WHO CAN SHOOT 3'S... like seriously put anybody out there who can shoot the 3 as a small forward and we win this game easily... it's obvious

What a baaaad defense. Speights was 6/10 from 3?? Jesus have a mercy... We are still long Way to go.... Trust the process...

Banned
    Rondo is NOT the All end All answer to magically get this team a winning record.
    Why does anyone think that? This team lacks players plain and simple.
    Orlando was the better team period. They beat the Pelicans with ease. Just following their game plan.
    They are 5-2 Frank Vogel has them playing good ball. They are one of the top teams in the league for a reason they beat the Spurs with ease blowing them off the floor the other night. So I wasn’t surprised they whipped up the Pelicans tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Lol and what would Chandler have done ???
    He would've given them rest. AD played 41 minutes and Boogie 38 minutes tonight and didn't play the last 3 minutes. AD could've played 44 minutes if he finished, that is not effective. These are not guards, it takes a lot of energy to do what they do. If they can get a break that would help them maintain their play for 4 quarters.

A wing who can shoot 3s won't give AD/Boogie a rest.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 10-31-2017 at 02:06 AM.

All this proved to me was that Cleveland are playing like crap and Orlando are playing out their asses.

K Love with 5 threes one night, Mo with 6 the next

Anyone sensing a pattern here? Our 2 bigs are too lazy to defend the 3 point line against the other teams bigs

Basketball Guru
    still early in the season and this was one of those off nights for the team...

I'm not sure how anyone could blame Gentry for this loss. He hates long 2s as much as we do. He hates iso ball and lock of movement on offense as much as we do. He hates that our players refused to close out on defense as much as we do.

It's not like he told our players to play that way, he told them just the opposite. The truth is we lost because the team played sloppy, ugly basketball. We had 9 turnovers in the 1st qtr. We had 19 for the game. Cousins looked seriously like he was hurt or sick. This was not a typical game for him. The players seemed flat and disinterested. The bad refs didn't help. Orlando shot lights out.

This one falls squarely on the players on the court on both sides of the ball.

Thread Information