Pelicans Report

Thread: What I think so far

What I think so far

When Rondo comes back we will have to decide whether it's time to keep Smith over Miller. If Josh stays in the post on offense and plays his usually active defense he will take Miller's roster spot.

In February the pels will get a nice treat when Asik medically retires.

I think Nelson and Clark will be a beastly second team backcourt when Rondo returns. I think Moore is our best answer at Small forward and Allen needs to be considered the best second team small forward on the roster. I want Josh Smith to do very well for us and I really want Diallo to improve as well, but until that day happens we really all need to pray that Smith is the answer at backup big. Cunningham will be moved to the Swiss Army knife role which kind of suits him.

I think this team has amazing veteran leadership and 2 extremely talented players who want to bring it to New Orleans. If we win and go deep into the playoffs boogie will sign long term. He still may because he likes AD and they are learning to play together and have fun. The reason the usual teams go deep is a veteran bench and we finally have that. We can bring tony Allen and jameer Nelson off the bench in critical situations that they both have seen before.

We will win in spite of Monty but low key Dell has been doing good work. Crucify Dell now for the Jrue deal and watch Jrue start averaging 17/8. We will dump Asik and at some point move on from Ajinca too. It would be nice to have Dell announce the extensions of Ian Clark and boogie. In time he hopefully will.

I have faith that this is a special team. lets try to keep this thread positives... We can go to game day threads for negativity

Well, one thing is for certain and just as all of the experts have been saying - especially Fletcher Mackel, this whole AD/Cousins experiment has been a total failure...there is lot of sarcasm in that statement if you thought I was serious.

And somebody fill me in because I don't follow the NBA other than the Pels, how did we land Nelson. Even my untrained eye can see how he has a pretty good command of the game. Just curious.

Great week/month for the Pels. Lots of fight in this team
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Well, one thing is for certain and just as all of the experts have been saying - especially Fletcher Mackel, this whole AD/Cousins experiment has been a total failure...there is lot of sarcasm in that statement if you thought I was serious.

And somebody fill me in because I don't follow the NBA other than the Pels, how did we land Nelson. Even my untrained eye can see how he has a pretty good command of the game. Just curious.

Jameer Nelson is 35 and also about 5'9" at best. You saw Cleveland take advantage of that tonight.

He's always been a good player but those things may have him temporarily on the street these days. Though I hope he's found a home for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jameer Nelson is 35 and also about 5'9" at best. You saw Cleveland take advantage of that tonight.

He's always been a good player but those things may have him temporarily on the street these days. Though I hope he's found a home for this year.

It's not just that but the Nuggets waived him to bring in Richard Jefferson. Not totally sure about Denver's contract situations but its not like he was the 15th man in Denver, but one of their expendable contracts in that situation.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Win in spite of whom?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I understand people's cynicism regarding the Pelicans being a true-contender......... unless they watched the last game and a half.

we're going to the Super Bowl

Thread Information