Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavs at Pelicans in the Blender 10-28-17

Banned

Cavs at Pelicans in the Blender 10-28-17

6pm Tip Off

Ready for a fun game. Anyone know if AD is back for sure?
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    If AD plays, I have an unusual confidence about this one. No idea who covers Lebron though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    If AD plays, I have an unusual confidence about this one. No idea who covers Lebron though.
    Well he's basically undefendable, given his driving ability and the fact that he gets almost every call, but as much as I hate to say it Cunningham has done a decent job on him in the past. May as well try that first.

I have a lot of confidence too, we're gaining momentum and the Cavs are on a backslide about to try their fourth starting lineup in five games. We should be able to steal this at home.

IIRC we've beaten the Cavs the last couple times they've come to New orleans, so we at least have a fighting chance.

If Davis n Cousins both play, Kevin Love should get abused

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The one player who was always raised hell against us is Kyrie Irving. And he ain’t here.

Lebron is going to get his regardless stop everyone else and we're good.

As long as Cousins doesn't settle and drive to the basket, Pels should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm trying to forget that Gentry ever said that, don't bring it up

Buckwheat, do you realize you are required to continue making GameDay threads until we lose? Okay, now that we are on the same page...

Yesh, slow down everyone else and hopefully Jrue shows out again and we're golden.

If he truly said that and it wasn't a mistake, and I heard the announcer say that he did, let's hope Rondo and the other vets on the team talk some sense into him.

Cousins just played 43 minutes. A day ago. After a 3 game road trip. AD if he plays is coming off injury.

I have hope but I'm gonna be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Cousins just played 43 minutes. A day ago. After a 3 game road trip. AD if he plays is coming off injury.

I have hope but I'm gonna be realistic.
    It's realistic to think that this is a relatively even game. Rose is also coming back off injury, Wade still might not play at all, the Cavs have played atrocious defense recently and are coming off multiple losses and are about to try their fourth starting lineup in five games. That about makes up for AD coming off injury and Cousins being tired.

The Blender. I like it.

Seriously though. Either shoot or pass, but he needs to stop putting the ball on the ground every time the initial shot isn't there. It kills the offense at times. His ball handling is an advantage when he's not trying to drive so much and defenses are caught off guard when he does use it

It's going to be pretty fun watching Kevin Love and Channing Frye try to stop AD and Boogie lol. Might see a 40pt night from each of em

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    It's going to be pretty fun watching Kevin Love and Channing Frye try to stop AD and Boogie lol. Might see a 40pt night from each of em
    It's kinda funny, their best chances are Tristan Thompson (who is too small and too slow) or their rookie Ante Zizic, who they seem steadfast in refusing to play.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Cousins has the green light to do whatever he wants with the way this team is constructed
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Thoughts on tonight's game! Trying out a a new format you guys may have seen now among the other writers. Would appreciate the feedback on these types of tweets. Thanks!

Last edited by Kumar; 10-28-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's realistic to think that this is a relatively even game. Rose is also coming back off injury, Wade still might not play at all, the Cavs have played atrocious defense recently and are coming off multiple losses and are about to try their fourth starting lineup in five games. That about makes up for AD coming off injury and Cousins being tired.
    I disagree about it being even. They were in the finals last year and still have LBJ. The fact they have struggled early makes me think they will be even more determined to play better. The Pels game is ripe for them to have a bounce back game.

“This is a rare opportunity for the Pelicans to pull to .500 for the first time since the 2015 season.”

I knew this, but it still hurt my heart to see it in print. Let's see .500 ball in October!

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    “This is a rare opportunity for the Pelicans to pull to .500 for the first time since the 2015 season.”

I knew this, but it still hurt my heart to see it in print. Let's see .500 ball in October!
    It's literally the best start we've gotten in years lol

Thread Information