Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavs at Pelicans in the Blender 10-28-17

Word of advice here: LeBron has been shooting 45% from three this season. Don't leave him wide open
    Basketball.

Jrue is going to have a much bigger year then people think. I see him averaging 20 ppg 7 apg and 5 rpg as a versatile combo guard that plays both ways. He had a couple of down games as I'm sure he will have more like every player in the NBA but this is Jrues breakout year imo. This team playing at its potential is scary.

These dudes are going back to dumb ball again. Just stupid.

Two garbage calls in the Cavs favour to start the quarter

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I wonder if he is actually running this team or it;s the assistants. Sometimes he looks like he has no clue.
    He has no clue if he thinks DC needs to take more 3s than drive to the rim.

Hope he is only coach in name at this point.

Smith had great two passes there!
    Yea I love the addition of Smith. He has some flaws but in terms of fit for what we need he is very god pickup for the minimum. We just need him to rebound, pass the ball, play D and only take open spot ups. Playing alongside AD/Cousins is a good situation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I love the addition of Smith. He has some flaws but in terms of fit for what we need he is very god pickup for the minimum. We just need him to rebound, pass the ball, play D and only take open spot ups. Playing alongside AD/Cousins is a good situation for him.
    It's all up to him if he is a great pick up or not

why arent we moving the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He has no clue if he thinks DC needs to take more 3s than drive to the rim.

Hope he is only coach in name at this point.
    That obviously hasn't been what we have seen at all this season so I don't see why people take this to heart. Gentry made a simply comment that it wouldn't hurt for Cousins to maybe take a couple more 3s a game and it probably wouldn't. Taking the 3 or trying to drive and fumbling the ball is what he was getting at and would like to just see a little less. Cousins has taken to perfect amount of 3s each game while dominating the post as well so what's the problem?

I dont want to jinx it but i get this impression we should win this game

That obviously hasn't been what we have seen at all this season so I don't see why people take this to heart. Gentry made a simply comment that it wouldn't hurt for Cousins to maybe take a couple more 3s a game and it probably wouldn't. Taking the 3 or trying to drive and fumbling the ball is what he was getting at and would like to just see a little less. Cousins has taken to perfect amount of 3s each game while dominating the post as well so what's the problem?
    Cousins helps no one by standing on the perimeter all game. He has to be better becasue he is better than that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    kevin love has been crap all year from 3. against the pels? lolnope.

This is how basketball goes and we are playing an NBA championship caliber team. Cavs adjusted to us so we need to adjust back.

NOW he wants to call a timeout.
    RIP FlyGirl

Our bigs panic and take bad shots. I don't see the energy that I saw in the 1st half. It's on the players to execute and not be so weak minded.

I dont want to jinx it but i get this impression we should win this game
    We should but I can count 5 easy calls the refs have refused to give us so far this quarter. Don't get me wrong, we're looking bad in comparison to the first half but that should just mean they don't need to give the Cavs extra help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Cousins helps no one by standing on the perimeter all game. He has to be better becasue he is better than that.
    I don't see where he stands on the perimeter all game. He has a very good 3 point shot and him being able to shoot 3s is crucial to Cousins and AD being as dominant as they can be. He has an amazing talent for someone his size and we should use that not ignore it. We have used him very balanced so again what's the complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We should but I can count 5 easy calls the refs have refused to give us so far this quarter. Don't get me wrong, we're looking bad in comparison to the first half but that should just mean they don't need to give the Cavs extra help.
    They definitely missed that offensive goal tending but it's the Pels that are shooting themselves in the foot in this quarter. Please lets go back to what we saw in the first half

They definitely missed that offensive goal tending but it's the Pels that are shooting themselves in the foot in this quarter. Please lets go back to what we saw in the first half
    Yeah, I mean like I said, we're looking bad in comparison too, need to lock back in. The refs are just adding to the pile

nice move by Jrue!!

we look much better after the last timeout on both sides of the floor

If Love is out that is going the be huge for us.

If Love is out that is going the be huge for us.
    he will stay

I don't see where he stands on the perimeter all game. He has a very good 3 point shot and him being able to shoot 3s is crucial to Cousins and AD being as dominant as they can be. He has an amazing talent for someone his size and we should use that not ignore it. We have used him very balanced so again what's the complaint?
    The complaint is the notion of settling involving lots of 3s instead of getting inside. The complaint is born of worry that Gentry is encouraging our bigs to play less like multi-faceted dynamos and like Dirk past his prime.

As much as I hope no one ever gets injured, I'm glad to see Love off the floor. He was getting hot.

Thread Information