Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: And a Boogie Shall Lead Them

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What’s great is Miller is proving to be a serious threat. Teams will have more problems with Cousins now that we have an elite 3 point shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Pause
    Since the start of the 13-14 season (which is to say since he emerged as a superstar after he escaped the Maloofs and that idiot Keith "Smart" who kept telling everybody that a team which had both Boogie Cousins and Isaiah Thomas on it had no stars), in 15 games Cousins has averaged 31.3ppg 10.3reb against the Blazers. That's going on a 5yr sample now. To them, he's Shaq. Actually, to them he's Wilt (Wilt's career average was 30.1ppg).

I even remember the only truly bad game he's had against them in the last 5 years -- it was during the George Karl year, on the 2nd night of a back to back, the night after he got done destroying...Charlotte? Somebody like that for 52pts before fouling out, and his sucktastic teammates choking it in OT. Next night he was exhausted, nobody else on the team stepped up, and they got blown out while he shot a fugly 4-21. That was actually the sequence of games that sunk that season for them, setting the stage for Karl's firing, and even perhaps for Cousins to be traded.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-03-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Could Boogie have actually conquered his mental demons?

If he has, we are a 50% better team

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Could Boogie have actually conquered his mental demons?

If he has, we are a 50% better team
    Sure as heaven looked great tonight. Let's hope he keeps it up; this version of him is a definite keeper, especially when considering AD's tendency for injury.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Pause
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Since the start of the 13-14 season (which is to say since he emerged as a superstar after he escaped the Maloofs and that idiot Keith "Smart" who kept telling everybody that a team which had both Boogie Cousins and Isaiah Thomas on it had no stars), in 15 games Cousins has averaged 31.3ppg 10.3reb against the Blazers. That's going on a 5yr sample now. To them, he's Shaq. Actually, to them he's Wilt (Wilt's career average was 30.1ppg).

I even remember the only truly bad game he's had against them in the last 5 years -- it was during the George Karl year, on the 2nd night of a back to back, the night after he got done destroying...Charlotte? Somebody like that for 52pts before fouling out, and his sucktastic teammates choking it in OT. Next night he was exhausted, nobody else on the team stepped up, and they got blown out while he shot a fugly 4-21. That was actually the sequence of games that sunk that season for them, setting the stage for Karl's firing, and even perhaps for Cousins to be traded.
    Not what I meant. I meant to pause on the nipple clamps reference lol
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information