Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And a Boogie Shall Lead Them

And a Boogie Shall Lead Them

This guy is your horse. We love AD, but your team will only go as far as Boogie takes them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This guy is your horse. We love AD, but your team will only go as far as Boogie takes them.
    Your star player has to play more than 60 games a year. Boogie is durable. I love AD but I've never felt like you can win a championship with him as the best player. That's not a diss. I just don't think he can take us to the top as the best player. He and Boogie together are awesome. We need a legit 3rd piece to really be where we need to be.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Your star player has to play more than 60 games a year. Boogie is durable. I love AD but I've never felt like you can win a championship with him as the best player. That's not a diss. I just don't think he can take us to the top as the best player. He and Boogie together are awesome. We need a legit 3rd piece to really be where we need to be.
    We really need a 3 that can score and shoot like a Middleton
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    We really need a 3 that can score and shoot like a Middleton
    Or a Jabari Parker
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

geez...... the media just loves writing about how our stars (davis, cousins) should leave us.... but as we know that what makes a lot of people read it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4b412a1463ea

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/10/27/de...-agency-rumors

Low hanging fruit. They have to get clicks to stay afloat. They don't want to say someone is leaving a bandwagon team or big market team because then they will not be popular. They would lose followers. If they take a small market team that hasn't gotten the bandwagon up and roll g yet and say the stars are leaving to possibly bolster a big market or bandwagon team.....boom....instant clicks and followers.

It's the side effects of living in a society where media is driven by ratings and not accuracy.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

It's the side effects of living in a society where media is driven by ratings and not accuracy

Well said

Like the USPS, Boogie delivered tonight.

I've been thinking if Boogie re-signs next season why do people automatically think AD will also extend his contract beyond 2020?

If Boogie signs a 5 year deal most likely the 5th being a player option he will be here until 2022/23.
    However Davis doesn't expire until

Yes the first part is getting Boogie to re-sign, but we really have to be in the top 2 in the West by 2020 or I can't see Davis re-signing purely because of Cousins.

I guess its a trade chip though.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I've been thinking if Boogie re-signs next season why do people automatically think AD will also extend his contract beyond 2020?

If Boogie signs a 5 year deal most likely the 5th being a player option he will be here until 2022/23.
    However Davis doesn't expire until

Yes the first part is getting Boogie to re-sign, but we really have to be in the top 2 in the West by 2020 or I can't see Davis re-signing purely because of Cousins.

I guess its a trade chip though.
    Probably because we are going to offer AD the Designated Player Exception which is going to be a huge contract. No player offered that has turned it down and even Cousins was willing to stay in Sacramento because of it.

I approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Probably because we are going to offer AD the Designated Player Exception which is going to be a huge contract. No player offered that has turned it down and even Cousins was willing to stay in Sacramento because of it.
    Thanks.

Dirty Coast Should make this t-shirt. Maybe have Boogie (donning a cloak) with carrying a flaming basketball on a stick raised above his head.

Bless up!

Problem is is that when AD goes down, the Pels feed Jrue and not Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Problem is is that when AD goes down, the Pels feed Jrue and not Boogie
    There does need to be an adjustment if A.D. is out.

These last few weeks I've felt that:

a) Cousins has looked uncomfortable;
    b) that he has adjusted his game to allow A.D. to operate unfettered; but most importantly
    c) as A.D. has pinballed in and out of the lineup with injuries/ejections, that the team, and the coaches, have not been smart about adjusting their approach when he goes down. DeMarcus Cousins is not some Option B. Nor is he a spot up 3pt shooter. He's a premiere Option A with his own set of unique skills, and if you want to win when A.D. is out, as a team and coaching staff you have to adjust the offensive sets to reemphasize him, and hitch up to him as your franchise player.

The team can survive, not thrive, but survive for a while with A.D. out because it is lucky enough to have a second franchise player. But it's got to quit fluttering about every time A.D. goes out, which is a lot. Adjust your sets, run everything through Rondo and Cousins, try to hang within shouting distance of .500 and hope that A.D. is getting his annual injury out of the way early this time.

Oh, and Dell, there are a plethora of bigs available around the league. You might want to make some phone calls when your only options are an unplayable Asik, Dante Cunningham, Cheick Diallo, and an unavailable Alexis Ajinca.

You know who knows how to make adjustments when his Super Star player goes out for a long period of time? Jeff Gan Gundy.

And a Boogie will ISO for 5 minutes every possession then turn it over or brick a shot

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    And a Boogie will ISO for 5 minutes every possession then turn it over or brick a shot
    Or drop 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Or drop 50.
    That doesn't fit the narrative comrade!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That doesn't fit the narrative comrade!
    I literally write my own narratives.

Someone needs to get a photo of Harriet Tubman with Boogie's face on her. He is leading this team to a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I let this silliness go for a just a bit because I knew they were going into Portland, and I know Boogie's history with Portland. Which is basically to say he owns them to the level that they just line up on their knees with bondage collars and nipple clamps every time he shows up in town.

Someone needs to get a photo of Harriet Tubman with Boogie's face on her. He is leading this team to a better place.
    Blasphemy

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I let this silliness go for a just a bit because I knew they were going into Portland, and I know Boogie's history with Portland. Which is basically to say he owns them to the level that they just line up on their knees with bondage collars and nipple clamps every time he shows up in town.
    Pause

Thread Information