Pelicans Report

Thread: And a Boogie Shall Lead Them

And a Boogie Shall Lead Them

This guy is your horse. We love AD, but your team will only go as far as Boogie takes them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! UptownFuz504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This guy is your horse. We love AD, but your team will only go as far as Boogie takes them.
    Your star player has to play more than 60 games a year. Boogie is durable. I love AD but I've never felt like you can win a championship with him as the best player. That's not a diss. I just don't think he can take us to the top as the best player. He and Boogie together are awesome. We need a legit 3rd piece to really be where we need to be.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Your star player has to play more than 60 games a year. Boogie is durable. I love AD but I've never felt like you can win a championship with him as the best player. That's not a diss. I just don't think he can take us to the top as the best player. He and Boogie together are awesome. We need a legit 3rd piece to really be where we need to be.
    We really need a 3 that can score and shoot like a Middleton
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    We really need a 3 that can score and shoot like a Middleton
    Or a Jabari Parker
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

geez...... the media just loves writing about how our stars (davis, cousins) should leave us.... but as we know that what makes a lot of people read it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4b412a1463ea

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/10/27/de...-agency-rumors

REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Low hanging fruit. They have to get clicks to stay afloat. They don't want to say someone is leaving a bandwagon team or big market team because then they will not be popular. They would lose followers. If they take a small market team that hasn't gotten the bandwagon up and roll g yet and say the stars are leaving to possibly bolster a big market or bandwagon team.....boom....instant clicks and followers.

It's the side effects of living in a society where media is driven by ratings and not accuracy.

It's the side effects of living in a society where media is driven by ratings and not accuracy

Well said

Like the USPS, Boogie delivered tonight.

I've been thinking if Boogie re-signs next season why do people automatically think AD will also extend his contract beyond 2020?

If Boogie signs a 5 year deal most likely the 5th being a player option he will be here until 2022/23.
    However Davis doesn't expire until

Yes the first part is getting Boogie to re-sign, but we really have to be in the top 2 in the West by 2020 or I can't see Davis re-signing purely because of Cousins.

I guess its a trade chip though.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I've been thinking if Boogie re-signs next season why do people automatically think AD will also extend his contract beyond 2020?

If Boogie signs a 5 year deal most likely the 5th being a player option he will be here until 2022/23.
    However Davis doesn't expire until

Yes the first part is getting Boogie to re-sign, but we really have to be in the top 2 in the West by 2020 or I can't see Davis re-signing purely because of Cousins.

I guess its a trade chip though.
    Probably because we are going to offer AD the Designated Player Exception which is going to be a huge contract. No player offered that has turned it down and even Cousins was willing to stay in Sacramento because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Probably because we are going to offer AD the Designated Player Exception which is going to be a huge contract. No player offered that has turned it down and even Cousins was willing to stay in Sacramento because of it.
    Thanks.

Dirty Coast Should make this t-shirt. Maybe have Boogie (donning a cloak) with carrying a flaming basketball on a stick raised above his head.

Thread Information