.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: Josh Smith

  1. #51
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,553
    the way this season is starting out,,josh smith will knock down a bunch of 3s in the first game he play in for us...

  2. #52
    Does anyone know how long we can keep Smith? In other words if three guys come off injury list and only 2 are left can we still keep him as long as somebody is out?

  3. #53

    Josh Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Does anyone know how long we can keep Smith? In other words if three guys come off injury list and only 2 are left can we still keep him as long as somebody is out?
    No, once there are 3 people on the injury report he is gone unless we cut someone.

    In our case Hill, Asik, Jackson, Rondo, and Ajinca are all going to be out at least another month. Once two of those guys come back the Pels will have to let him go...unless someone else get injured.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.

  4. #54
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No, once there are 3 people on the injury report he is gone unless we cut someone.

    In our case Hill, Asik, Jackson, Rondo, and Ajinca are all going to be out at least another month. Once two of those guys come back the Pels will have to let him go...unless someone else get injured.
    So Smith is with the team for the season then.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So Smith is with the team for the season then.
    Lol. Possibly.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    All the people who write for Deadspin seem to loathe the Pels.
    It's mutual. Deadspin is garbage.

  7. #57
    The Franchise Liltiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hammond, La
    Posts
    1,678
    I know no one wants to admit it, but a lot of you are the same people that knock the Jameer Nelson signing, im just saying why don't we wait and see how this plays out

  8. #58
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I know no one wants to admit it, but a lot of you are the same people that knock the Jameer Nelson signing, im just saying why don't we wait and see how this plays out
    I will be more than happy to eat crow on Smith if he plays well. I was happy when we signed Jameer, a little upset at losing Grits because he's a good scorer off the bench, but Jameer has paid a much bigger dividend than Grits ever will on this team.

    Having Smith on this team COULD be good if he cuts out the unnecessary 3s, because Lord knows we take enough of those.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I know no one wants to admit it, but a lot of you are the same people that knock the Jameer Nelson signing, im just saying why don't we wait and see how this plays out
    Nope. My reservations over the Nelson signing were sentimental and emotional ties to Crawford, and we're not a commentary on Nelson at all. Smith, on the other hand, draws my reservations entirely on the merits of his game.

    I'd be happy to be wrong in this case, I just don't think I will be.

    "We're goin' ta be ohkay'." - Alvin Gentry, 2017

  10. #60
    I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I know no one wants to admit it, but a lot of you are the same people that knock the Jameer Nelson signing, im just saying why don't we wait and see how this plays out
    Did anyone question the Nelson signing or rather question the fact that we had to cut Crawford with several deadweight salaries in Ajinca and Asik taking up spots?
    @DanielVeuleman

  11. #61
    I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    4,157
    The Smith signing is strange. He is an above average ball handler and passer for a power forward, so maybe the idea is to bring in a guy who can fit the system of the bigs grabbing the board and running.

    But it feels like there's better guys out there. Bigger needs to be filled. Morrow, Green and David Lee all would come in and help at positions of need.

  12. #62
    All-Star Rel11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In The Playoffs
    Posts
    277
    Any idea what’s taking so long for this to be finalized?
    RIP HunnyB/FlyGirl

  13. #63
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Any idea what’s taking so long for this to be finalized?
    I thought the commentators last night said there was some letter from the league overseas before he could sign with an NBA team. Not sure if that is still holding it up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •