Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Trail Blazers 10-24-17

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Jrue needs to step up his game. he's under-performing for someone who is making $126 mil
    Yeah he does. He looks like he has regressed since getting signing his big deal. He was never a great player but he was at least a solid player before. When Rondo comes back, I would consider putting Clark and Nelson in clutch situations before Holiday because at least they won't shy away from the big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    1-3 is still 1-3 though.
    The team fought hard and with AD and Rondo out this team can't win to many games. If both were playing we would have won by 10 at least. I think we can really make a run on games in November when AD and Rondo get back.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    While watching the game, I am confident that this team will be tough to handle when things gel. I would rather have our team than Portlands, that's for sure.

If playoffs started today, GSW would be in 8th seed. We would be tied for 12th. Lol. I feel a little better. *cries*
    RIP FlyGirl

Basketball Guru
    all of the bad talk that hill get on this site,,,dante is proving yall wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm more sick of the constant complaining about Jrue's contract than seeing how Jrue has played so far.

You'd swear the money came out of our pockets. Tom Benson should be the one aggravated to the point of action.

Are y'all really gonna whine constantly for the next 5 years?
    Do you even have to ask that question? Look at all of the games you'd think jrue single handedly lost us every one of them lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Do you even have to ask that question? Look at all of the games you'd think jrue single handedly lost us every one of them lol

It's like the game we had Vs the Lakers, when the forum was filled with people complaining about Jrue's turnovers when he had 1, and tactically avoiding mentioning Cousins who had 5. Blaming Jrue for everything regardless of what actually happens is going to be standard fare all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's like the game we had Vs the Lakers, when the forum was filled with people complaining about Jrue's turnovers when he had 1, and tactically avoiding mentioning Cousins who had 5. Blaming Jrue for everything regardless of what actually happens is going to be standard fare all season.
    He also had what 8? Last night but I don't really have a problem with turnovers when they're trying to make plays but hey atleast there's a few people here that won't post the exact same things every damn game lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    So how should you feel... tell me when are you going to get upset?
    I am upset. Jrue isn't even playing like he's worth deal a starter would earn in the NBA.

My thing is that constantly, constantly, constantly **********ing about it has to get old eventually. Just accept the move. And live forward already.

Just like I accepted that AD was going to get banged up at some point. He plays with such energy and athleticism, but hasn't and probably will never stop being awkward in his own body, that he constantly is falling down or flailing around. And at his size, that means injuries.

In a game about having 5 good players in the court at all times. We only have 2 great players and bunch of wasted salary/ throwing away picks. This was the situation we walked into the beginning of the year. Team is too top heavy and put too much pressure on AD/DC. If this was 4 years ago when we had that Evans, Jrue, Anderson, Gordon core. THis would be a pretty decent team unfortunately. It wouldn't be anything special. We would have options on that team. If AD or DC goes out on either an injury or thrown out of the game. We all know it's basically a death sentence. So, please tell me how can you defend this team personnel. It's an improvement to last year, but still very not ideal or championship caliber. Right now, we are looking for a 6th seed hole to get the monkey off our back. In a league where over half the league gets into the playoff. I guess some people are totally content with being the best 12th-16th team in the league aslong we make the palyoofs. I'm not about Being happy with being 12th best in the team with 2 All-stars.

I'm going to enjoy the games because AD/DC are amazing to watch together. They bring so much energy into the game and excitement that I haven't seen since the Monty days. Pretty excited when we don't renew Demps or Gentry after this season. We have to wait off the bad salaries anyways. So, I'm enjoying the product, but I won't be pretending this is a good team that is having a few bad breaks to start the season. It is really not. This team is playing like a bad team outside of AD/DC.

I am upset. Jrue isn't even playing like he's worth deal a starter would earn in the NBA.

My thing is that constantly, constantly, constantly **********ing about it has to get old eventually. Just accept the move. And live forward already.

Just like I accepted that AD was going to get banged up at some point. He plays with such energy and athleticism, but hasn't and probably will never stop being awkward in his own body, that he constantly is falling down or flailing around. And at his size, that means injuries.
    While I generally agree with you, it’s pretty hard to overlook how overpaid Jrue is when each and every game provides us with yet another reminder of how bad he is. I work in the law. Try telling a client in the middle of a messy divorce where the wife is looking to take him for every penny he’s worth, that he should just get over his anger. One day, sure...but not when it’s actively happening. Lot of people...myself included...we’re against paying Jrue this money. We wanted to be wrong, but, with the way this season is playing out, can’t blame people for venting their frustrations or making fun of a contract that’s looking like yet another bad decision by this franchise that many saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    While I generally agree with you, it’s pretty hard to overlook how overpaid Jrue is when each and every game provides us with yet another reminder of how bad he is. I work in the law. Try telling a client in the middle of a messy divorce where the wife is looking to take him for every penny he’s worth, that he should just get over his anger. One day, sure...but not when it’s actively happening. Lot of people...myself included...we’re against paying Jrue this money. We wanted to be wrong, but, with the way this season is playing out, can’t blame people for venting their frustrations or making fun of a contract that’s looking like yet another bad decision by this franchise that many saw coming.
    The thing, the money has already been taken. At this point its about making the best of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The thing, the money has already been taken. At this point its about making the best of the situation.
    So how do we go about this... When it's a constant thing I mean if he plays at least a lil decent we could won the games... I honestly think he needs to be the leader of the second unit
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Again, how do you make the best of a situation by ignoring one of the primary causes of it? Excluding the money, you still have a player who's supposed to be a difference-maker on this team who's not only been ineffective, but his poor play is costing us games. How do you spin that into a positive? Man, Jrue turns the ball over and he can't hit a shot, but at least he donated $31,000 of his $126 million to the tornado relief. Pointing out how much money Jrue makes is just another way of highlighting how the bad decision was to resign him has been...and continues to be. Ignoring it won't make it go away. And, seeing that we're 1-3 and our best hope to turn around this season rests in the return of a veteran point guard who's only making $3.3 million...I think people are going to need some time to vent their frustrations.

And constantly complaining about his contract does nothing either. It's spent money. What we should be discussing is HOW we can get Jrue's game improving or what we can do to reduce the impact of his mistakes instead of just crying about spilt milk. It seems instead what a lot of fans want to do is complain about the past because it's a lot easier to assign blame than to come up with solutions.

Anyone blaming our loses solely on Jrue are so focused on the microscopic that they can't see the macroscopic problem.

We win most of these games if not all if we have a fully healthy team. You can be mad at a contract and still understand what's going on here.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-25-2017 at 02:59 PM.

That's how I feel too. I am usually an optimistic person but imo it's ok to be upset and talk about things just after they happened or when they are happening. Your example is perfect! Since the season started like a week ago I watch every game and in every play I am hoping to see a new Jrue. It hasnt happened yet. Maybe it will happen soon which will make me super happy but with each game passing I have less hope. When AD went down Jrue should've stepped up..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No one is saying ignore it. I'm saying it'd be for the best to accept it. It's a part of us now and unless someone loses their freaking mind, we'll have Jrue on our books until at least his last year when he'll be a sizable expiring deal.

Getting your arm cut off is not something you can ignore. But no one wants to be around someone who does nothing but cry about something bad that happened to them. At a point, sympathy and empathy have limits. And in this case, I worry that it'll be constant noise all season long.

Just wanna do my best to also help other people cope.

And constantly complaining about his contract does nothing either. It's spent money. What we should be discussing is HOW we can get Jrue's game improving or what we can do to reduce the impact of his mistakes instead of just crying about spilt milk. It seems instead what a lot of fans want to do is complain about the past because it's a lot easier to assign blame than to come up with solutions.

Anyone blaming our loses solely on Jrue are so focused on the microscopic that they can't see the macroscopic problem.

We win most of these games if not all if we have a fully healthy team. You can be mad at a contract and still understand what's going on here.
    But we are not healthy... so we can't keeping that especially if we are trying to convince cousins to stay.... Because if he leaves it's only matter of time until A.D. leaves

No one is saying ignore it. I'm saying it'd be for the best to accept it. It's a part of us now and unless someone loses their freaking mind, we'll have Jrue on our books until at least his last year when he'll be a sizable expiring deal.

Getting your arm cut off is not something you can ignore. But no one wants to be around someone who does nothing but cry about something bad that happened to them. At a point, sympathy and empathy have limits. And in this case, I worry that it'll be constant noise all season long.

There were just four games this season so it's not like it's has been going on forever. People complaining about Asik or Ajinca or Moore etc might be irritating but all these complaints about people complaining about Jrue's play this season are overreaction.

Looking at it now would you have rather cut your ties with Jrue or would you have stil resigned him just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    There were just four games this season so it's not like it's has been going on forever. People complaining about Asik or Ajinca or Moore etc might be irritating but all these complaints about people complaining about Jrue's play this season are overreaction.
    No it's been like this since boogie came to the pels...

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    No it's been like this since boogie came to the pels...
    Jrue got his contract this summer and he played four games under this contract so far

You really think that fans proposing solutions to Jrue's poor play on a message board is somehow going to have a real world effect where Jrue either plays better or the Pels figure out a better way to use him? There are people Tom Benson pays a lot more money than you or I to figure these things out. Don't think they're scouting message boards to get ideas on how to better utilize Jrue. You have your way of coping with it. Others have their's. Neither way is going to make this team any better or worse.

No one's blaming the loss solely on Jrue. Others have played poorly. There's one key difference between Jrue and those guys though. Jrue is being paid superstar money and, to whom much is given, much will be required. When AD has to leave in the 1st quarter, Jrue is one of the guys you need to step up and heavily contribute. He's seemingly incapable of that.

Agree with you on our last point. Just think it's sad that the solution to our problem is to bring in another point guard making significantly less and turning Jrue into a shooting guard when he's not that good of a shooter. Having said that, I hope that's just the change he needs to start lighting it up. I doubt it, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Pelicans at Trail Blazers 10-24-17

You really think that fans proposing solutions to Jrue's poor play on a message board is somehow going to have a real world effect where Jrue either plays better or the Pels figure out a better way to use him? There are people Tom Benson pays a lot more money than you or I to figure these things out. Don't think they're scouting message boards to get ideas on how to better utilize Jrue. You have your way of coping with it. Others have their's. Neither way is going to make this team any better or worse.

No one's blaming the loss solely on Jrue. Others have played poorly. There's one key difference between Jrue and those guys though. Jrue is being paid superstar money and, to whom much is given, much will be required. When AD has to leave in the 1st quarter, Jrue is one of the guys you need to step up and heavily contribute. He's seemingly incapable of that.

Agree with you on our last point. Just think it's sad that the solution to our problem is to bring in another point guard making significantly less and turning Jrue into a shooting guard when he's not that good of a shooter. Having said that, I hope that's just the change he needs to start lighting it up. I doubt it, but I'd be happy to be wrong.
    This is a message board for discussion, nothing we do will have a real effect. It’s simply a matter of how you want to spend your time, crying over the past or discussing possible solutions.

There’s no discourse to “Boo hoo Jrue is on a terrible contract”, maybe it makes you feel better but it clearly doesn’t for long because people have to keep repeating it over and over again.

As I’ve said for awhile now, Let’s discuss what’s actually happening during the season, not what took place months ago and has already been discussed to death.

Or if you really want to be pissed and upset and complain about something, complain about the dumb stupid luck we have where 3 starters and 40% of our team is injured. No one does injuries like we do. We’d be in a totally different spot without the absolutely insane amount of injuries we have gotten.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-25-2017 at 04:32 PM.

You're right. Just saying people cope with things in different ways. Some get angry and vent. Some try to stay positive. Some try to find humor in it. 4 games into the season is still pretty early though to ask people to look past it. People had playoff hopes for this team. It's not off to a good start and they're trying to get a handle on what mistakes have been made. God willing, Rondo comes back and fixes all. However, when Rondo comes back and Jrue moves over to SG, you're going to hear a lot of complaints about that contract if Jrue still continues to stink up the joint.

Thread Information