Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Trail Blazers 10-24-17

when does someone important get back?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I remember Holiday being better than this

Please get Gentry the Hell out of New Orleans

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Knock it off. The man is approaching a 40-15 night and you're trolling him?
    I mean, insulting AD is somehow also cathartic. Like the man has any control over his health to any reasonable degree.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Holiday looks like he shouldn't be an NBA starter.

Gentry, Demps, Holiday, Asik, Moore, Diallo, Ajinca...bye. Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

why can we not win in Portland?

I know we ended the season with a win there... but that was like the sunshine finding a dog's butt situation

Let's recap: three starters out. Main backup big, out. Awful referees. Game was still within reach with less than five minutes to go. I know there are no moral victories in the NBA, but that's as close as you're gonna get. Boogie, Clark, Moore, and Nelson all had moments of error but overall they got down, they got gritty, and they made this a game when in reality, we should have been blown out by at least 20.

And the Pels are paying $22 million a year for this from Holiday?!?!?!?!? WOW!!!!

The wrong holiday scored 25 tonight. If ours does that we likely win.

Quick season recap:

Memphis: Gasol goes 6/18 and fouls out. Memphis wins by 12.

Warriors: Pels lead by 17 (at home). Boogie and the Brow combine for 70/29/10/6/2. Warriors win by 8

Lakers: Pels go up about 22. Ball goes 3/13, Ingram 3/9, Lopez 2/8. Pels blow the lead with an incredibly bad stretch. Fortunately, hang on at the end.

Blazers: Lillard has his worst game as a pro, going 3/16 with 6 turnovers. Harkless goes 0/5. Pels lose by 10.

Gonna be a long, long season. At least our 1st rounder has seemingly a lot of value now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I mean, insulting AD is somehow also cathartic. Like the man has any control over his health to any reasonable degree.
    Didn't you know? The way to respond to things going badly is to insult the only people who are actually doing really well. Makes a lot of sense.

You guys can dog Dell and whatever. I guys it's fetch or what not. But the dude could sign Curry, LeBron, and Westbrook and if things go the way they always do for NOLA, none of them would ever play together and we'd still miss the playoffs. The guys makes decent moves and then he never gets to see even close to a complete team on the court.

Also, I love how we keep catching people on an "off night". Like it doesn't have anything to do with our defense.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Holiday look like he got paid and chilled all summer

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Cunningham is dreadful
    He was terrible tonight. We get nothing from him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Holiday look like he got paid and chilled all summer
    He was never good to begin with... but I'm sure y all are going to make excuses for him
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    You guys can dog Dell and whatever. I guys it's fetch or what not. But the dude could sign Curry, LeBron, and Westbrook and if things go the way they always do for NOLA, none of them would ever play together and we'd still miss the playoffs. The guys makes decent moves and then he never gets to see even close to a complete team on the court.

Also, I love how we keep catching people on an "off night". Like it doesn't have anything to do with our defense.
    Not sure if serious.

Quick season recap:

Memphis: Gasol goes 6/18 and fouls out. Memphis wins by 12.

Warriors: Pels lead by 17 (at home). Boogie and the Brow combine for 70/29/10/6/2. Warriors win by 8

Lakers: Pels go up about 22. Ball goes 3/13, Ingram 3/9, Lopez 2/8. Pels blow the lead with an incredibly bad stretch. Fortunately, hang on at the end.

Blazers: Lillard has his worst game as a pro, going 3/16 with 6 turnovers. Harkless goes 0/5. Pels lose by 10.

Gonna be a long, long season. At least our 1st rounder has seemingly a lot of value now?
    Quick season recap:

Season starts, two of our starters are our.

Game one: Memphis- Mike Conley can't miss, Chandler Parsons looks like his old self again, and we manage to make it a respectable game for the first half. We fall apart late, but it's not all bad, after all this Memphis team goes on to also beat GS and Houston immediately after us.

Game two: Golden State- a historically great team has three of their four all-stars go off for 20+ points on us, including over 30 from Klay and career high defensive numbers from Kevin Durant. We pull off a lead and despite losing, have it within five with less than three minutes to go.

Game three: Lakers- we blow a lead, but manage to rally and pull off a clear win , including on the fly adjustments with a guy who was arrived in the city less than 12 hours before the game started. AD breaks yet another record as Clark shows he's a reliable option. Win: our first win within three games in years.

Game four: Portland- a playoff team last year, we suffer another injury and lose our best player in the first quarter. Despite this, we make a game out of it playing in an unfamiliar style and hold offensive monster Damian Lillard to barely a dozen points, in the teeth of horrible referee work. A bad loss, but not a beatdown by any means, and one which was two or three shots away from being a win against a mostly healthy playoff team.

Weird how you can make anything sound however you want if you spin it enough, right?

The moment our franchise lost hope

dont forget we also traded two first round draft picks for him.

The moment our franchise lost hope
    It will be one of the worst contracts in league history.

MRI neg per gentry

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm more sick of the constant complaining about Jrue's contract than seeing how Jrue has played so far.

You'd swear the money came out of our pockets. Tom Benson should be the one aggravated to the point of action.

Are y'all really gonna whine constantly for the next 5 years?

I usually don’t post negative stuff...but I really dislike cunningham. He doesn’t rebound at all and he’s overrated as a defender. With that said we should be able to beat the kings with or without ad.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    MRI neg per gentry
    so TNT gets the superstars they expected to see (sans Rondo) when they decided to pick up a Pelicans/Kings game?

Thread Information