Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe wants out of PHX

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    While I agree that we do need a 3rd big, I highly doubt our target would be a 35 year old center with $26.5 million remaining for the next 2 years of his contract.
    He is still playing at a high level. 12 rebounds a game in 23 minutes after tonight, still a defensive presence and huge target on the lob. He makes a lot of sense. He would be a great mentor for AD, Cousins, Diallo and a help in establishing a defensive culture. NBA champion, Olympic gold medalist, defensive player of the year, All star.

We can also play Diallo next to him because he covers for so many mistakes.

I think worst case scenario, we try to help facilitate the trade. Like taking Shumpert so CLE can make space for Bledsoe (and he goes East), or taking Faried since PHX doesn't want long term contracts, or taking John Henson from the Bucks since they have been shopping him.

You're either getting a 3rd big or a new starter at SF. Both are needed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    I think worst case scenario, we try to help facilitate the trade. Like taking Shumpert so CLE can make space for Bledsoe (and he goes East), or taking Faried since PHX doesn't want long term contracts, or taking John Henson from the Bucks since they have been shopping him.

You're either getting a 3rd big or a new starter at SF. Both are needed.
    Helping another team get him while helping the Pelicans sounds awesome.

Rondo is long enough to guard wings as well depending how he comes back from injury. Keep in mind if we play the 3 guard lineup that allows Dante to slide down to PF and give valuable minutes there.

Besides, we are basically running 3 guards anyway right now whenever we start staggering AD and Cousins minutes each game.

That’s the thing the two best players on our team can play Center. We already have another 15m in center tied up the players are just injured. It doesn’t make sense to tie up another 12m/yr in ANOTHER backup center. Now if he comes along with Bledsoe in the trade, sure whatever. You use what you got.

But he’s not a star anymore, he’s well past his prime for a big, and he doesn’t make sense long term. Why would we give anything up for him? If Ajinca’s knee wasn’t sore he could give us the 15 minutes needed for AD/Cousins to breath and he’s on a much smaller deal. We just need to hang on until he can come back, not make a long term bad move because of a short term problem.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I would still chose the knowledge of assessing a player from a GM with a whole team of individuals who’s entire job is to evaluate talent over a random forum poster. The fact you’re arguing against that point is shocking.

Failed picks are not just player evaluations. The GM answers to the owner and the owner can have a player in mind no matter what the GM thinks.
    The only thing I'm arguing is that you are giving GMs way too much credit for player assessment when plenty of GMs fail time and time again.

Banned
    This entire thread content is about fictional GM moves.
    The Pelicans are knee deep in dead end bad contracts along with serious issues from upper mgmt to Head Coach.
    We are so far away from adding 1 player to become even close to a 40 Win team.
    Let’s hope to just win 3 games before the end of the month

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    This entire thread content is about fictional GM moves.
    The Pelicans are knee deep in dead end bad contracts along with serious issues from upper mgmt to Head Coach.
    You're right of course. Because we are far from a 40 win team.

And obviously not in the way you're bound to think.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    The only thing I'm arguing is that you are giving GMs way too much credit for player assessment when plenty of GMs fail time and time again.
    I am giving GMs more credit for player assessment than a random forum poster. I’ve been very clear on this from the beginning. I think it’s crazy anyone would argue that some random fan is just as good as a GM backed by an entire team of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    last year we won 34 games with a horrible roster. we are significantly better in almost every area this season besides SF. we may not be a 50 win team, but we are going to be pushing 40-45 wins this year at least. even ESPN, who hates us and talks about Boogie & AD leaving every chance they get, put us at 44.2 wins this season. Adding one player, like Bledsoe, puts us over 45 wins without breaking a sweat. sorry but you can't even claim "I'm realistic" on this one. this falls under either pessimism, ignorance about Pelicans/NBA basketball, or just a long troll
    Last edited by deiondeion; 10-24-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I am giving GMs more credit for player assessment than a random forum poster. I’ve been very clear on this from the beginning. I think it’s crazy anyone would argue that some random fan is just as good as a GM backed by an entire team of individuals.
    Maybe they should go apply for the GM position and show us how easy it is lol
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    He is still playing at a high level. 12 rebounds a game in 23 minutes after tonight, still a defensive presence and huge target on the lob. He makes a lot of sense. He would be a great mentor for AD, Cousins, Diallo and a help in establishing a defensive culture. NBA champion, Olympic gold medalist, defensive player of the year, All star.

We can also play Diallo next to him because he covers for so many mistakes.
    All that is fine, but there is no way he is the target given his age and contract. Now, if the Suns called us and said they would take Asik in a deal for him, all that would change.

Word is Cavs are looking to move that 1st round pick for Bledsoe. He is LeBron's buddy.

If the Cavs give up Boston's pick for Bledose they are more idiotic than Boston was for using it in the Kyrie trade. That thing is gonna end up being the #1 pick. Is Bledsoe really worth that #1? Hale naw.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If the Cavs give up Boston's pick for Bledose they are more idiotic than Boston was for using it in the Kyrie trade. That thing is gonna end up being the #1 pick. Is Bledsoe really worth that #1? Hale naw.
    Nets aren't finishing last. Maybe the draft gods make them the first pick, but they are barely bottom 5 if that IMO. The Suns however have an excellent shot of their own.

So I pretty much only watch Pels basketball so maybe someone can offer some insight but is Bledsoe really better than Jrue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    So I pretty much only watch Pels basketball so maybe someone can offer some insight but is Bledsoe really better than Jrue?

Oh man you just opened up a whole thing lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The answer to that question is going to differ radically from one end of the spectrum to the other. For me, his skill set is different, but both he and Jrue are what I would consider tier 2 guards. So not better, just different. MUCH better contract, for now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar

They both fall in around 14th and 15th amongst PG's. Right in the middle. I think we need Jrue's defense and versatility way more than we need Bledsoe's offense. Not to say Bledsoe doesn't play defense or Jrue isn't good on offense. They are both very good, not great players. The contract for Jrue has removed any chance for rational conversation on the topic however.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    Word is Cavs are looking to move that 1st round pick for Bledsoe. He is LeBron's buddy.
    There is no way the Cavs give up the Nets pick for Bledsoe (unless the Suns take back some really bad contracts like Thompson).

what about we give Suns E MOORE, A AJINCA and O ASIK for BLEDSOE and B KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    what about we give Suns E MOORE, A AJINCA and O ASIK for BLEDSOE and B KNIGHT
    Not that we would even want to do that, but we can't as it would entail taking on over $4 million in additional salary this year.

We can't even give Omer Asik away. I just can't still believe we resigned him. My gosh what kind of competent GM/HC does that? A kid straight out of any HS would have been more productive even without the injuries to Asik.

Revisionist history. Asik was looking pretty good before the contract. He was certainly overpaid but we were a team that had to overpay. The league was more big man centered back then as well. Only Biff and his Sports Almanac knew the shift that was coming. The way the league was and with how well he was playing, a pairing of him and AD would have been solid in that era of bball
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not that we would even want to do that, but we can't as it would entail taking on over $4 million in additional salary this year.
    Sorry, I meant SOLO, E MOORE, ASIK for BLEDSOE and KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    What's to say AD and Boogie are gassed come playoffs because they had to play 40 minutes a night because their only backup was David Lee and Diallo.. And we used all of our assets to get another guard because we like lavish things
    Is ajinca out for the year ?

Thread Information