.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 181

Thread: Bledsoe wants out of PHX

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I would like Bledsoe.... But we really need to keep our picks and somehow get rookie stars on this team for cap relief. Bledsoe on a one year left on his deal after this year and looking to get paid 100+ million. We about Max Boggie... So, it's not like we can do much other than doing a one year rental. Pick is more valuable...

    The team isn't generating enough profit to validate going any further into the luxury tax hole than it already is... So, I'm on the fence.
    This is a city that isn’t going to embrace the team until they are consistently winning.

    This franchise has backed themselves into a corner asset wise, the only realistic way I see them getting to that point is making the investment in another star and going into that higher luxury threshold and being a consistent 50 win team with healthy playoff stints.

  2. #52
    Star or not. Bledsoe makes no sense. We have a hole at SF and a huge hole at backup C. We have 2 superstars who currently have to be on the floor for 48 minutes. If AD or Cousins go down for a couple games Bledsoe can not fill in at the 5. We can not use all of our tradeable assets on another guard, it just doesn't make sense. Guard is the only position we have sufficient depth.

  3. #53
    ESPN Sources: Eric Bledsoe met with team this morning before shootaround and he was sent home. He will not play tonight against Sacramento.

    óóóóóó-

    This is crazy!!

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Star or not. Bledsoe makes no sense. We have a hole at SF and a huge hole at backup C. We have 2 superstars who currently have to be on the floor for 48 minutes. If AD or Cousins go down for a couple games Bledsoe can not fill in at the 5. We can not use all of our tradeable assets on another guard, it just doesn't make sense. Guard is the only position we have sufficient depth.
    A backup center is much easier to fill than a legitimate long-term point guard next to Jrue, particularly when that center would receive limited minutes to begin with. That's something I expect to use the injury exception for. Long term we have Diallo, so no that's not really a concern.

    You've seen what a solid, high HQ point guard can do for our offense now with Nelson, particularly in close games. Now imagine that long-term with a better, more athletic player like Bledsoe who also fills in other needs like getting to the FT line.

    You keep acting like we know what we have in Rondo. We don't. And I don't believe for a second he was ever meant to be a long-term solution. When you have the opportunity to grab that long-term solution, you go for it. Short-term concerns be damned.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  5. #55



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    I say if we can get Bledsoe do it never turn down all start talent .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cry if he goes to the Nuggets.

  8. #58
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    2,653
    Man, I wanted Bledsoe more than anything this offseason. But I just don't see how it works now.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    A backup center is much easier to fill than a legitimate long-term point guard next to Jrue, particularly when that center would receive limited minutes to begin with. That's something I expect to use the injury exception for. Long term we have Diallo, so no that's not really a concern.

    You've seen what a solid, high HQ point guard can do for our offense now with Nelson, particularly in close games. Now imagine that long-term with a better, more athletic player like Bledsoe who also fills in other needs like getting to the FT line.

    You keep acting like we know what we have in Rondo. We don't. And I don't believe for a second he was ever meant to be a long-term solution. When you have the opportunity to grab that long-term solution, you go for it. Short-term concerns be damned.
    Bledsoe is a more athletic Jrue Holiday. He is not a PG. He is an undersized SG.

    We do know what we have in Rondo. He's been playing the same game for the last 10 years. He's the PG we need. Not another scoring PG.

    Point is we already signed Rondo/Nelson at a discount to fill up PG duties for the season and hopefully resign them in the off season. We already paid Jrue. What is Bledsoe supposed to play 15 min/game? Or do we bench Rondo and risk messing up our team chemistry and reputation around the league? That's a lot for Bledsoe. He is not even a PG and never will be.

    Also, show me one backup center that we can easily Sign? There is none. We can only trade for one and we're going to use all of our assets for another Guard? Doesn't make sense.

  10. #60
    We need another big man. I don't see us getting Bledsoe. We are fine at pg.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Bledsoe is a more athletic Jrue Holiday. He is not a PG. He is an undersized SG.

    We do know what we have in Rondo. He's been playing the same game for the last 10 years. He's the PG we need. Not another scoring PG.

    Point is we already signed Rondo/Nelson at a discount to fill up PG duties for the season and hopefully resign them in the off season. We already paid Jrue. What is Bledsoe supposed to play 15 min/game? Or do we bench Rondo and risk messing up our team chemistry and reputation around the league? That's a lot for Bledsoe. He is not even a PG and never will be.

    Also, show me one backup center that we can easily Sign? There is none. We can only trade for one and we're going to use all of our assets for another Guard? Doesn't make sense.
    1- Again, you're acting like a backup center on this team is extremely important. It isn't. A player like David Lee or Thomas Robinson can easily fill those minutes. We also have Diallo sitting on the pine.

    2- How can we know what we have in Rondo? He hasn't played a single regular season game for us, and only what, 2 preseason games? That's a silly statement. It's one thing to know what a player brings to the table. It's another to see how that skillset actually meshes with the rest of the team.

    3- What about Bledsoe's game makes you think he can't play point next to Jrue? I would like to have actual information to support that assertion.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-23-2017 at 01:46 PM.

  12. #62
    That would be great if we could get him you can move jrue pack to the 2 and when rondo comes back you can decide which one you'd want coming off with bench with Nelson and have Clark play the 3 that could be scary good bench and starting 5

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Star or not. Bledsoe makes no sense. We have a hole at SF and a huge hole at backup C. We have 2 superstars who currently have to be on the floor for 48 minutes. If AD or Cousins go down for a couple games Bledsoe can not fill in at the 5. We can not use all of our tradeable assets on another guard, it just doesn't make sense. Guard is the only position we have sufficient depth.
    I agree Bledsoe is not the star i would prefer, what we really need is a point forward type to balance our other big assets.

    At the same time, there is a case to be made that just getting that star improves you ability to get that more fitting piece down the line. Think about Houston and the saga that got James Harden or OKC getting Melo and George.

    Other teams would definitely want Bledsoe or be willing to trade their disgruntled small forward for our great player but bad fit Bledsoe.

    The anchor of course is Jrue and his contract. And so a lot of this is just hypothetical by avoiding the elephant in the room .

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    1- Again, you're acting like a backup center on this team is extremely important. It isn't. A player like David Lee or Thomas Robinson can easily fill those minutes. We also have Diallo sitting on the pine.

    2- How can we know what we have in Rondo? He hasn't played a single regular season game for us, and only what, 2 preseason games? That's a silly statement. It's one thing to know what a player brings to the table. It's another to see how that skillset actually meshes with the rest of the team.

    3- What about Bledsoe's game makes you think he can't play point next to Jrue? I would like to have actual information to support that assertion.
    1. Just like we can get anybody to run backup PG like Jordan Crawford huh? No, we need quality depth. It's not conducive to have AD or Cousins on the floor at all times for the whole season.

    2. I have no worries about Rondo. His game fits with anyone, especially a team without a primary ball handler.

    3. The part where he's just a more athletic Jrue. He's not a real PG. Average handle, average vision, very good scorer.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I agree Bledsoe is not the star i would prefer, what we really need is a point forward type to balance our other big assets.

    At the same time, there is a case to be made that just getting that star improves you ability to get that more fitting piece down the line. Think about Houston and the saga that got James Harden or OKC getting Melo and George.

    Other teams would definitely want Bledsoe or be willing to trade their disgruntled small forward for our great player but bad fit Bledsoe.

    The anchor of course is Jrue and his contract. And so a lot of this is just hypothetical by avoiding the elephant in the room .
    Yeah that makes sense. But I still remember how Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans would be great assets that we could move for a better player down the line. The fact that Bledsoe is injury prone does not help either.

  16. #66
    1. Backup point guard and backup center are two completely different things, especially on this team. One is much more needed on this team than the other, because Jrue is Jrue and AD and Boogie are AD and Boogie. And to pretend that signing a proven player like David Lee or a player who has been in our system for multiple years like Diallo is the same as patching up the backup point position with a gunner who was playing in Asia last year is ignorant.

    2. That's cool. But again, there's no proof.

    3. So are you going to keep throwing out opinions? Or use facts?

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Yeah that makes sense. But I still remember how Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans would be great assets that we could move for a better player down the line. The fact that Bledsoe is injury prone does not help either.
    And Rondo is not injury prone?

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    1. Backup point guard and backup center are two completely different things, especially on this team. One is much more needed on this team than the other, because Jrue is Jrue and AD and Boogie are AD and Boogie. And to pretend that signing a proven player like David Lee or a player who has been in our system for multiple years like Diallo is the same as patching up the backup point position with a gunner who was playing in Asia last year is ignorant.

    2. That's cool. But again, there's no proof.

    3. So are you going to keep throwing out opinions? Or use facts?
    1. Are you somehow forgetting all of the years we have had a trash C? We don't have a backup big. Are you not concerned about getting your 2 superstars rest?

    2. Same could be said about Bledsoe huh?

    3. I Don't know what facts you are looking for. Have you ever watched Bledsoe play basketball?

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    1. Are you somehow forgetting all of the years we have had a trash C? We don't have a backup big. Are you not concerned about getting your 2 superstars rest?

    2. Same could be said about Bledsoe huh?

    3. I Don't know what facts you are looking for. Have you ever watched Bledsoe play basketball?
    1. It's a need. But it's not a concern to the extent that we have to keep our assets. We needed a backup point, and we went out and got Nelson. The same can be done for our backup C position.

    2. Yes, it can. That is absolutely true. Rondo and Bledsoe are equally unproven. That's the point. You can't pretend that we're good at point when we don't know what we have.

    I would rather take the gamble on the player who is younger, more athletic, and unquestionably more talented at this point in his career. That's Bledsoe.

    3. Yes, I have watched Bledsoe play basketball. So have all his coaches. You know, the ones that continue to play him at point? Just because he can be a combo guard, doesn't mean he can't play point effectively.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-23-2017 at 02:29 PM.

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    1. It's a need. But it's not a concern to the extent that we have to keep our assets. We needed a backup point, and we went out and got Nelson. The same can be done for our backup C position.

    2. Yes, it can. That is absolutely true. Rondo and Bledsoe are equally unproven. That's the point. You can't pretend that we're good at point when we don't know what we have.

    I would rather take the gamble on the player who is younger, more athletic, and unquestionably more talented at this point in his career. That's Bledsoe.

    3. Yes, I have watched Bledsoe play basketball. So have all his coaches. You know, the ones that continue to play him at point? Just because he can be a combo guard, doesn't mean he can't play point effectively.
    1. Backup bigs do not grow on trees. We are not going to all of a sudden pick up a quality big off waivers. There are literally none available. David Lee is not quality. We will need to trade for one. We can't give up all of our assets for Bledsoe.

    2. Bledsoe is also more expensive and unproven as a winner. I'll take the 4x all-star, 4x defensive team, 3x assist leader, NBA champion for $3 million and hopefully resign him for $8-10M/yr. Over the 0x all star, no playoff appearances as a starter, 6apg with heavy usage for $15 million and will be seeking $126M when his contract expires.

    3. Play him at point with what other options? Was Booker supposed to run point? Jrue played PG for years out of necessity.

  21. #71

    Bledsoe wants out of PHX

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    1. Just like we can get anybody to run backup PG like Jordan Crawford huh?
    So your argument is we donít need Bledsoe because our guards are good, and then your example of that is pointing out how bad of a situation we have with the guards on our team. Wut. . .

    Listen, you donít miss an opportunity to get a star player when you can. Rondo, Clark, Nelson are all irrelevant because they are on 1 year deals.

    You want to talk about quality depth, imagine being able to move Moore back to the bench role he should be on and having Rondo coming off the bench.

    Even better imagine being able to slide Cunningham up to playing more PF minutes and run with 3 guards because of the added depth.

    We definitely need a backup big. Iíve been saying it all summer. But you simply donít pass on a star player because you are worried about backup depth at a thin position. That can always been filled. Itís rare to get a shot at a star.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    1. Backup bigs do not grow on trees. We are not going to all of a sudden pick up a quality big off waivers. There are literally none available. David Lee is not quality. We will need to trade for one. We can't give up all of our assets for Bledsoe.

    2. Bledsoe is also more expensive and unproven as a winner. I'll take the 4x all-star, 4x defensive team, 3x assist leader, NBA champion for $3 million and hopefully resign him for $8-10M/yr. Over the 0x all star, no playoff appearances as a starter, 6apg with heavy usage for $15 million and will be seeking $126M when his contract expires.

    3. Play him at point with what other options? Was Booker supposed to run point? Jrue played PG for years out of necessity.
    1. Did we not just pick up a quality point off waivers? And you continue to oversell the importance of a backup big. AD and Boogie are going to play significant, staggered minutes. It is a need, but not to the extent that you bypass the opportunity to acquire a difference maker with long-term potential.

    2. I would take those statistics too if we went into a time machine and traveled back in time five years ago. By that logic, we shouldn't want AD or Boogie because they are expensive and unproven winners. Might as well mention that Jrue is a one-time all star!

    3. That's a fair point. My bigger issue is I don't think the player opposite Jrue has to be extremely pass-first to the extent that Rondo is. I think we're severely underestimating just how bad Jrue is at handling the ball and making decisions. Placing just an average ball handler and decision maker next to Jrue would probably do wonders, and I think Bledsoe is at least that, if not a lot better.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-23-2017 at 03:06 PM.

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So your argument is we don’t need Bledsoe because our guards are good, and then your example of that is pointing out how bad of a situation we have with the guards on our team. Wut. . .

    Listen, you don’t miss an opportunity to get a star player when you can. Rondo, Clark, Nelson are all irrelevant because they are on 1 year deals.

    You want to talk about quality depth, imagine being able to move Moore back to the bench role he should be on and having Rondo coming off the bench.

    Even better imagine being able to slide Cunningham up to playing more PF minutes and run with 3 guards because of the added depth.

    We definitely need a backup big. I’ve been saying it all summer. But you simply don’t pass on a star player because you are worried about backup depth at a thin position. That can always been filled. It’s rare to get a shot at a star.
    The 28 year old who has never even been a honorable mention to make an all-star team is the can't miss star we can't pass up?

    I never said our guard situation was terrible. I said Crawford was. The only reason he seen the court was due to injury. We have Nelson now and another guy named Rondo will be returning soon.

    Rondo is better than Bledsoe he's not coming off the bench. It's so much more to basketball than scoring, being athletic and looking cool. You're going to ask Rondo to happily play 15-20 minutes off the bench? At least be realistic.

    I don't see the point of loading up on guards when Bigs are our advantage. The more rest we can get for AD/Boogie the more dangerous we will be.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Rondo is better than Bledsoe
    This is the point the train went flying off the tracks, fell into a ravine, and burst into flames.

  25. #75

    Bledsoe wants out of PHX

    Apparently Bledsoe told the Suns he was at the hair salon in regards to the tweet. LOL.

    They didnít believe him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •