Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe wants out of PHX

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    So is there any chance that a Rondo, Bledsoe, Holiday, Davis and Cousins starting lineup could work? I just don't see any of those three coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    HP Rondo came here to win a Championship??? Are you serious?
    Yep sais so in his press conference. Tony Allen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    So is there any chance that a Rondo, Bledsoe, Holiday, Davis and Cousins starting lineup could work? I just don't see any of those three coming off the bench.

Of course, it's insane to me how people want to keep looking at today's game by position. With AD and DC why would anyone in the right mine think otherwise. Three average to above average guards plus our two bigs? Take it every day, twice on Sunday and we win 60% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Rondo could've got a fat check from the Lakers but he came here to win a championship. I guess economics is true people place price with quality, instead of realizing we were blessed with a steal.
    Not price. Demand. Read my post again.

And my point is, I trust multiple NBA GMs assessment of a player over yours.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-23-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Of course, it's insane to me how people want to keep looking at today's game by position. With AD and DC why would anyone in the right mine think otherwise. Three average to above average guards plus our two bigs? Take it every day, twice on Sunday and we win 60% of the time.
    I tend to agree. At the same time, you are going to play a team like the warriors and have maybe Bledsoe on Klay and Jrue on Durant? Not that we or anyone has an answer for that lineup, but the size differences would be off the charts.

But yes, against like 60% or more of the teams, I don't think they could handle us.

It will be interesting to see what Bledsoe goes for. I feel like it will be less than two mid-firsts, Diallo, Jackson that I think we would all be comfortable giving for him before signing Jrue. He has two years making half of what Jrue does and is a similar player. It's not as easy as some direct, "who would you rather have" but I think it's close enough to think about once the trade happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Well he had interest from the Lakers, Knicks, Pacers, Clippers and Us. So there was a demand.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 10-23-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Rondo could've got a fat check from the Lakers but he came here to win a championship. I guess economics is true people place price with quality, instead of realizing we were blessed with a steal.
    Ultimately, Rondo came over because of his relationship with Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    When looking at the tweet, press the arrow pointing down that is located on the right side of the tweet. Then click embed tweet and copy and paste the corresponding link here.
    Good looks my guy.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

I don’t agree with HP but I hate this argument. There are GMs that get fired every year for sucking at their job. Would you really trust anything Joe Dumars said?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I tend to agree. At the same time, you are going to play a team like the warriors and have maybe Bledsoe on Klay and Jrue on Durant? Not that we or anyone has an answer for that lineup, but the size differences would be off the charts.

But yes, against like 60% or more of the teams, I don't think they could handle us.
    True, but the can't cover both AD and DC with Dray. For that matter, the can't cover them with him. We just need more ball movement against them and better post play. Can't play their game and try to outscore w/ jumpshots

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I don’t agree with HP but I hate this argument. There are GMs that get fired every year for sucking at their job. Would you really trust anything Joe Dumars said?
    The faces of trust:

Last edited by Bricklayer; 10-23-2017 at 05:29 PM.

This is the trade...

SF Solomon Hill
    SG Etwaun Moore
    PG Frank Jackson
    C Alexis Ajinca
    2018 top 8 protected first round pick

For

SG Eric Bledsoe
    SF Jared Dudley
    SG Davon Reed

Lineup when healthy

PG: Rondo/Nelson
    SG: Bledsoe/Clark/Allen/Reed
    SF: Holiday/Dudley/Miller
    PF: Davis/Cunningham/Diallo
    C: Cousins/Asik
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 10-23-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Over a random fan, yes.

People pretend GMs are bumbling idiots but fans have 5% of the total picture and then base all their opinions off of that. GMs get a lot more of the total picture, as well as are surrounded by an entire organization worth of input.

The fact that they get stuff wrong or make mistakes isn't a testimony of them being bad, it's a testiment of just how hard being a GM is. Even a failed GM though has far more insight than a random forum poster.

Well he had interest from the Lakers, Knicks, Pacers, Clippers and Us. So there was a demand.
    You're still missing it. He had demand to sign a contract. Bledsoe has demand of GMs trying to give up assets to get him. They are on totally different levels by everyone in the league.

Any team that now wants Bledsoe and is willing to give up assets to get him could have much easier and cheaper gotten Rondo this summer.

Over a random fan, yes.

People pretend GMs are bumbling idiots but fans have 5% of the total picture and then base all their opinions off of that. GMs get a lot more of the total picture, as well as are surrounded by an entire organization worth of input.

The fact that they get stuff wrong or make mistakes isn't a testimony of them being bad, it's a testiment of just how hard being a GM is. Even a failed GM though has far more insight than a random forum poster.
    They do have fare FAR more insight into what's going on than virtually anybody out there commenting on there moves.

But do they have better judgment or basketball IQ? Because that is an open question. There is no school for GMs. No degrees. We call these guys "professionals" just because they wear suits, but their are almost no prerequisites at all. They come from all walks of life. Some are ex-jocks who got gentlemen's Cs in their basket weaving classes in college. Some are former agents, or lawyers, or stat geeks. Some seem to specialize mostly in being good at kissing billionaire arse. But whatever their background, there's absolutely nothing there to suggest that these guys are the 30 best qualified humans on the planet to be making basketball decisions. They have all the insight into what's actually going on with agents, potential deals, offers, etc. But the decisionmaking of some of them is ridiculous.

You're still missing it. He had demand to sign a contract. Bledsoe has demand of GMs trying to give up assets to get him. They are on totally different levels by everyone in the league.

Any team that now wants Bledsoe and is willing to give up assets to get him could have much easier and cheaper gotten Rondo this summer.
    I'm confused as to how that makes him better?

And what you're saying is misinformed. Rondo wanted to go to a team that he thought could compete for a championship. So I don't see him going to Denver or New York. So no those teams couldn't have gotten him because he wouldn't have went.

You're acting like Rondo is a scrub or Bledsoe is some stud. Remember Nash signed for 30 million when Gilbert Arenas signed for 110 million.

Nash signed for 30 million when New York traded the farm for Stephon Marbury.

Soe whut, my money is on the Clippers or Lakers

You're acting like Rondo is a scrub or Bledsoe is some stud.
    No. I'm saying I and everyone in the NBA disagrees with you on who is better.

The Pelicans are trying to trade for Bledsoe right now and it's not to being him off the bench.

Banned
    HP where in your mind did you get the notion the Pelicans are of Championship caliber?
    You keep mentioned that Rondo said that? I think he wanted a Job lol
    This franchise cant win 40 games lol Championship ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    They do have fare FAR more insight into what's going on than virtually anybody out there commenting on there moves.

But do they have better judgment or basketball IQ? Because that is an open question. There is no school for GMs. No degrees. We call these guys "professionals" just because they wear suits, but their are almost no prerequisites at all. They come from all walks of life. Some are ex-jocks who got gentlemen's Cs in their basket weaving classes in college. Some are former agents, or lawyers, or stat geeks. Some seem to specialize mostly in being good at kissing billionaire arse. But whatever their background, there's absolutely nothing there to suggest that these guys are the 30 best qualified humans on the planet to be making basketball decisions. They have all the insight into what's actually going on with agents, potential deals, offers, etc. But the decisionmaking of some of them is ridiculous.
    I never said they were the 30 best qualified people on the earth. I said I trust GMs over some random forum poster.

No. I'm saying I and everyone in the NBA disagrees with you on who is better.

The Pelicans are trying to trade for Bledsoe right now and it's not to being him off the bench.
    They expressed interest. My guess is their real interest is in Tyson Chandler and their gauging what assets Phoenix are looking for. I could be wrong but I just don't see Demps going the 3 guard route with so many holes in the roster, especially since he watched it fail with Jrue-EG-Reke-Ryno-AD. Depth is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    HP where in your mind did you get the notion the Pelicans are of Championship caliber?
    You keep mentioned that Rondo said that? I think he wanted a Job lol
    This franchise cant win 40 games lol Championship ???
    This team has some holes still but they are extremely talented. As chemistry builds and guys get into shape/healthy we can be really dangerous. We just need a 3rd big and some help on the wing until Hill returns.

The Franchise
    1. If we got Bledsoe, I'm still starting Rondo and Holiday. Bledsoe and Clark would rotate in which is a solid rotation.
    2. We don't know if Asik will ever play again, so in February his cap could all come off. If we think that is what could happen then his trade value is tremendous IF you can trade him.
    3. All trades must have protections of at least top 5 in case of disaster. It's not like our team isn't injury prone then getting more injury prone players (Rondo and Bledsoe are very injury prone hence the need of Nelson).
    4. If your not playing diallo then trade him for what you need but I'd like to keep Jackson and Diallo.
    5. A backup big would be nice but doesn't need a lot of money. Grab montejunous (spelling prob wrong didn't want to lookup) or Lee, or Robinson. Dante should be a backup big.
    6. A taller defensive SF is needed till at least when Hill comes back or if he comes back, but this seems to be a problem we'll have all year. Bigger SG and SF are killing us right now.

My guess is their real interest is in Tyson Chandler... I could be wrong
    Based on WHAT other than your own opinion? The Pels have been linked to Bledsoe for months. The rumors today were linked to Bledsoe with nothing about Chandler. There hasn't been a single rumor of them wanting Chandler... I'm not sure any team has been rumored to be trying to trade for him.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-23-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Based on WHAT other than your own opinion? The Pels have been linked to Bledsoe for months. There hasn't been a single rumor of them wanting Chandler... I'm not sure any team has been rumored to be trying to trade for him.
    Based on the team needs. We need a 3rd big more than we need Bledsoe. Based on the fact that other teams have stronger interest and I'm sure Demps realize we have no dog in that race and/or Demps will not get a green light to trade 2 1st rd picks for Eric Bledsoe to outbid another team. Chandler fits a need and more with the culture we are trying to build here, defense and rebounding. Bledsoe is a step back to 2014.

And it's a common trade in business negotiations to express interest in one asset to disguise your true interest in another.

Edit: Also based on the fact we are not likely to shake this roster up during the season. We have had a different roster for the last 3 years. At some point we need continuity. We have our Big 4, we need to add quality depth.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 10-23-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Thread Information