Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe wants out of PHX

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Or Sears.

But seriously. Voicing this outloud does drive down his trade value at least. We gotta be able to jump on this. And frankly, I don't see this conflicting with Rondo.
    It kind of kicks him out of the rotation unless he takes Nelson's minutes.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Banned
    Erman I think we need to stand down on adding any more players to this roster.
    The more Dell Demps sells the future the worst its going to be for the new Head Coach and GM.
    We are in knee deep with bad contracts on bad non productive players already on this roster.
    Lets see what Alvin Gentry does with this roster. Its his players his program. He is driving this train for 2 years now going into season 3.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-22-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    He might just be at Applebee's.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Or with his in-laws
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Any trade the Pels make needs to include one of Holiday, Asik, or Ajinca

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gonna need a lot of LSD to trick the Suns into trading for Jrue.

A lot of LSD, three bags of Funjuns, Evil Dead 2, and Madvillainy on CD.

Holiday for Bledsoe straight up works after January 15th.

Even better...Holiday/Asik for Bledsoe/Chandler works too
    Last edited by Butters; 10-22-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Our trade offer right now would likely be something along the lines of Ajinca, Moore, and a 1st round pick. Maybe Diallo too.

suns have some interesting taste

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Our trade offer right now would likely be something along the lines of Ajinca, Moore, and a 1st round pick. Maybe Diallo too.
    The Suns would really be desperate if that make that deal! I wouldn't make that trade even if I were St. Aug.

I really missed 42.

I’d do it for Holiday and the Madvillainy CD only if liner notes are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    The Suns would really be desperate if that make that deal! I wouldn't make that trade even if I were St. Aug.
    They aren't going to get much better. There are too many good point guards in the league and the Suns lost a bit of leverage with Bledsoe's feelings becoming public.

I'm more interested in Tyson Chandler. We need a third big more than another guard.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I really missed 42.
    Said no one ever

[QUOTE=Buckwheat;1433556]Erman I think we need to stand down on adding any more players to this roster.
    The more Dell Demps sells the future the worst its going to be for the new Head Coach and GM. We are in knee deep with bad contracts on bad non productive players already on this roster./QUOTE]

First off Bledsoe is a really good player on a great contract. He has 2 years left on a deal where he's making less than $15 mil a year. If things go south and Boogie bails, we would still have a fairly talented team in Bledsoe, Jrue, and AD that we could build around. If we don't think Bledsoe would want to return after his contract, or if we dont think he's worth the money, he'd hardly be a difficult player to move.

Not to mention if we send our next first rounder (one 1) to Phoenix along with other stuff for Bledsoe, I would highly doubt that pick ever reaches 20 or below

Yea if Bledsoe was an SF wing with his talent, it would be a definite sure thing. But with Rondo and Nelson signed for significant roles, I don't see the spot for him. And yea, if we could convince them Holiday is a great fit next to Booker... yea not happening for a lot of reasons. We can save that pick to trade for a wing or back-up big and salary dump.

If you have a chance at getting Bledsoe without giving up the farm for him the last thing you do is worry about what Nelson or Rondo’s role is going to be after the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If you have a chance at getting Bledsoe without giving up the farm for him the last thing you do is worry about what Nelson or Rondo’s role is going to be after the trade.
    I guess you could be right, but seems like it could hurt some player and agent relationships when those two vets signed near minimum deals here to play significant roles. Also, with the way Moore played tonight, makes me think twice about including him as a throw-in player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I guess you could be right, but seems like it could hurt some player and agent relationships when those two vets signed near minimum deals here to play significant roles. Also, with the way Moore played tonight, makes me think twice about including him as a throw-in player.
    Moore is expendable dude. He doesn't do this on a consistent basis

Plus a guard rotation of Bled, Rondo, Jrue, Nelson and Clark is more than fine and infinitely more dangerous with Bledsoe in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    You have to give up something to get something. Moore is a solid player, but he is by no means unexpendable.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Moore is expendable dude. He doesn't do this on a consistent basis

Plus a guard rotation of Bled, Rondo, Jrue, Nelson and Clark is more than fine and infinitely more dangerous with Bledsoe in the team
    this

Moore + Asik + 2 1sts for Bledsoe and a second. See if you can pry another second also

Get to work Dell!
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-23-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Moore + Ajinca + 2nd for Tyson Chandler. Sign Green.

Right now, AD or Cousins has to be on the court at all time. We need a legit 3rd big that can give them a rest. And help us keep our advantage on rebounds and interior defense.

Rondo/Nelson and Jrue/Clark +Allen/Green is sufficient at Guard. Cunningham/Miller/Green is decent on the wings until we get Solo back. Bledsoe would be a luxury at this point when we have a need for another big.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 10-23-2017 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Moore + Ajinca + 2nd for Tyson Chandler. Sign Green.

Right now, AD or Cousins has to be on the court at all time. We need a legit 3rd big that can give them a rest. And help us keep our advantage on rebounds and interior defense.

Rondo/Nelson and Jrue/Clark +Allen/Green is sufficient at Guard. Cunningham/Miller/Green is decent on the wings until we get Solo back. Bledsoe would be a luxury at this point when we have a need for another big.
    Yeah I was thinking we need another big and we might sign one with the hardship exception

I would like Bledsoe.... But we really need to keep our picks and somehow get rookie stars on this team for cap relief. Bledsoe on a one year left on his deal after this year and looking to get paid 100+ million. We about Max Boggie... So, it's not like we can do much other than doing a one year rental. Pick is more valuable...

The team isn't generating enough profit to validate going any further into the luxury tax hole than it already is... So, I'm on the fence.

Thread Information