Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Pels at Lakers GAMEDAY 10-22

Blazers are going to test the perimeter defence severely

Not expecting a win of any sort

We have a lot of new players , we’re missing Hill and Rondo and we barely lost to a machine , one of the best teams assembled in nba history and we lost to Memphis who beat that warriors team . People need to relax a bit we’re not going to be nba champs this year but we have a good team give this team time to gel together and see what we have .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pels at Lakers GAMEDAY 10-22

For all you Jameer Nelson haters this is for you . https://youtu.be/puJOtPdW6j4

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

Who's hating?

Pels at Lakers GAMEDAY 10-22

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Who's hating?
    There were plenty of people that didn’t want him not only on here but other sites too . He’s to old , Crawford is way better , Dell is stupid for letting Crawford go for a 35 yr old PG etc.

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 10-23-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Lol, I saw that live, was like, "Did he really just do the DX 'suck it' move to a fan?" Lol

There were plenty of people that didn’t want him not only on here but other sites too . He’s to old , Crawford is way better , Dell is stupid for letting Crawford go for a 35 yr old PG etc.

Crawford is the better shot creator, but not the better overall player. With Rondo out and Holiday struggling we need someone capable of running a team. Can't be all on Cousins and AD. Nelsons age doesn't matter at all. The Pelicans are all about this season. If the Pelicans don't win this season, they will blow the current team up and once again go into rebuilding mode around AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Lol, I saw that live, was like, "Did he really just do the DX 'suck it' move to a fan?" Lol
    I know that’s what I thought when I seen it, I watched the game but missed this live . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krysanthem View Post
    Crawford is the better shot creator, but not the better overall player. With Rondo out and Holiday struggling we need someone capable of running a team. Can't be all on Cousins and AD. Nelsons age doesn't matter at all. The Pelicans are all about this season. If the Pelicans don't win this season, they will blow the current team up and once again go into rebuilding mode around AD.
    You may be right but I’d take Nelson over Crawford any day .

Really fun game to watch. Blowing leads tho kind of suck, but it's Pelican's basketball. We pull out a win and team is so much more fun to watch. Glad it didn't take 9 games to get our first win.

Gentry already trusted Jameer to close out the game for us without even seeing him in a single practice and with us down by 5. If that doesn't tell you exactly how the team feels about him I don't know what will.

We have to become more consistent throughout the game. It's one thing to blow a massive lead, but to do it continuously the way we have the past few years (specifically the 3rd quarters) has to change. Is it down to the coaching staff waiting too long to make adjustments? Do the players simply become complacent? Pelicans need to solve this pronto

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Really fun game to watch. Blowing leads tho kind of suck, but it's Pelican's basketball. We pull out a win and team is so much more fun to watch. Glad it didn't take 9 games to get our first win.
    What is promisimg has been the steady improvement from game to game though. From everyone really(minus Jrue).

We are trending in the right directions as a unit and at least for me that is what I am looking for.

With that said, if we drop the ball in Portland like we did with LA we likely will not get the win. That was some inexcusable ugly basketball for a good stretch and you can’t expect to win games against average to good teams doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Gentry already trusted Jameer to close out the game for us without even seeing him in a single practice and with us down by 5. If that doesn't tell you exactly how the team feels about him I don't know what will.
    Or maybe it tells you how he feels about the rest of the roster .

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    There's clearly one on the roster now, just hurt.

And with Nelson there will be 2. It really could make a difference to have 48 min of true veteran smart PG play out there. Not too many of those guys left in this wonderful "modern NBA" chuckathon the league is running now. Not a coincidence the few you can find are older guys who remember an earlier era when "point guard" meant guy looking to run the team and setup teammates rather than guy looking for his own first available shot off the dribble.
    That is why I said for five years I was very happy when we signed Rondo. I was also saying that we should sign a POINT guard for the bench that's why I like having both guys. Having them and Tony Allen could make our team closer to the basketball style I like. I really dislike what you called chuckathon I am excited that the Pels could and should go against it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    What is promisimg has been the steady improvement from game to game though. From everyone really(minus Jrue).

We are trending in the right directions as a unit and at least for me that is what I am looking for.

With that said, if we drop the ball in Portland like we did with LA we likely will not get the win. That was some inexcusable ugly basketball for a good stretch and you can’t expect to win games against average to good teams doing that.
    This is exactly my impression too. There is improvement and having two big men with that talent could be deadly even if the roster is filled with good not great players. It cannot be filled with D leaguers though. And Jrue? Man, I just hope he can jump on the improvement train.

The crazy thing is we've played well and should probably be 3-0

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Gawd....I saw we won when I woke up but have just watched the game back.. that 4th quarter was disgusting.

We do (and have done in each game this season) some really good work and play superb in lathes...and for some reason, we just look to throw it all away with some horrible basketball.

Too much talent to be that bad.
    '' We are here!!''

Or maybe it tells you how he feels about the rest of the roster .

It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Best thing Gentry did all night .. take the ball out of Jrues hand and gave it to Nelson . A real point gaurd .
    This 100 times!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I DONT LIKE IT WHEN MOM AND DAD FIGHT!!!!
    Lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We should be damn good when we get Rondo, Jackson, and Hill back. We will be better with Hill starting as SF and Cunningham coming off bench as SF/PF. Rondo, Nelson are great for pg and Jrue, Moore and Clark at SG is pretty solid. Stay above .500 and stay healthy. Our guards are going to be solid going into the playoffs. We should bully teams.

Thread Information