Pelicans Report

Thread: Boogie's Tech from MEM game rescinded, but he was fined for it

Boogie's Tech from MEM game rescinded, but he was fined for it

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...n-vs-grizzlies

The NBA has fined New Orleans Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins $25,000 for "inappropriate language" he directed toward a fan during the team's 103-91 road loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night at the FedExForum.

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN passed along the news Saturday. James Ham of NBC Sports Bay Area noted the punishment is in response to an incident from late in the fourth quarter when Cousins received a technical foul, which the NBA has now rescinded.

After the contest, Cousins alleged the fan's actions caused him to react, saying, "She dropped a couple 'F' bombs and flipped me off, and I don't think that was right," per Rod Walker of The Advocate.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

rescinded the tech - that's good.
    fined 25k for swearing at a fan - that's bad.

Boogie wears his heart on his sleeve and it's certainly more interesting than the quiet neutrals, but I think these are the types of events he needs to cut out to "prove people wrong". Doesn't even need to not reply, just don't use the foul language and it probably goes nowhere. At the same time, if the fan did act in this manner there should be repercussions as well. You show respect and you generally receive it back. I don't like this entitled fan attitude of "I paid for my tickets I'll say and do whatever I want".

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    rescinded the tech - that's good.
    fined 25k for swearing at a fan - that's bad.

Boogie wears his heart on his sleeve and it's certainly more interesting than the quiet neutrals, but I think these are the types of events he needs to cut out to "prove people wrong". Doesn't even need to not reply, just don't use the foul language and it probably goes nowhere. At the same time, if the fan did act in this manner there should be repercussions as well. You show respect and you generally receive it back. I don't like this entitled fan attitude of "I paid for my tickets I'll say and do whatever I want".
    Agreed, respect should be given both ways but Cousins has to be fan deaf in opposing territory's.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Should we expect Durant to get a fine soon? Looked like he was pointing his middle finger at someone after he got thrown out of the game against Memphis.

Thread Information