Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Losers

Just curious. Should there be no factual speak in the forum? Should we just ignore what we see? We have two really good players and a bunch of g-league/euroleague players. How do you discuss this team without addressing the roster, coaching, and front office ineptitude? We’d literally only discuss Cuz, AD, and hypothetical trades. Fans are just expressing how they feel and btw, most pundits feel the exact same way.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Clark is performing way better than his contract, but of course he is only locked up for 0 years

Moore is doing f*ck all and has a nice cushy 30 mil contract to go to sleep to at night

Tell me what's wrong with that picture

Losers

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Just curious. Should there be no factual speak in the forum? Should we just ignore what we see? We have two really good players and a bunch of g-league/euroleague players. How do you discuss this team without addressing the roster, coaching, and front office ineptitude? We’d literally only discuss Cuz, AD, and hypothetical trades. Fans are just expressing how they feel and btw, most pundits feel the exact same way.
    Was the past few months/years not enough time of complaining about the coaching, roster, and front office?

At what point in the season should we focus our attention on the actual games being played? Is it somehow better to instead just complain insistently about the same 3 things until they fire and trade everyone and then start over again with the complaining?

How many times do people need to express the same thing over and over before it’s times to actually move on and focus on the season we are currently in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Was the past few months/years not enough time of complaining about the coaching, roster, and front office?

At what point in the season should we focus our attention on the actual games being played? Is it somehow better to instead just complain insistently about the same 3 things until they fire and trade everyone and then start over again with the complaining?

How many times do people need to express the same thing over and over before it’s times to actually move on and focus on the season we are currently in?
    I think it’s no different than the Aints years (I’m old enough to remember). Everybody complained for years but were still loyal to the team. Same with this team. We’re loyal fans that don’t like the direction of the team. I tend to fall in the category of there is no such thing as a good loss. There are wins and losses. I prefer to win. Lol. Maybe we need a realism section and a sunshine and ponies section. Those who want to discuss what’s actually going on can have their space and the silver lining guys can have their space.

I think it’s no different than the Aints years (I’m old enough to remember). Everybody complained for years but were still loyal to the team. Same with this team. We’re loyal fans that don’t like the direction of the team. I tend to fall in the category of there is no such thing as a good loss. There are wins and losses. I prefer to win. Lol. Maybe we need a realism section and a sunshine and ponies section. Those who want to discuss what’s actually going on can have their space and the silver lining guys can have their space.
    All types of discussion are welcomed in this forum or any forum for that matter. But it’s when the personal attacks or questioning each other’s fanhood no matter what side of the argument we are on start dominating the discussion/thread just because folks disagree. This is what pushes people away to other sites. I tend to hear both sides of an argument when it comes to the state of the Pelicans franchise because I know that it’s sincere and I want to be educated on what is good and bad about this team.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 10-22-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    All types of discussion are welcomed in this forum or any forum for that matter. But it’s when the personal attacks or questioning each other’s fanhood no matter what side of the argument a person is on start dominating the discussion/thread just because folks disagree. This is what pushes people away to other sites. I tend to hear both sides of an argument when it comes to the state of the Pelicans franchise because I know that it’s sincere and I want to be educated on what is good and bad about this team.
    This I agree with. Too many times us fans are told how to be a fan by other fans and it gets personal.

Losers

I’m not saying don’t complain. I’m saying the discussion should be centered around what’s actually happening in the games not what has already happened and been discussed to death.

We are in the middle of the season, what good comes from complaining about the contracts given out months ago?

I think there is an overall blanket of negativity that our local professionally amateur sports writers draped over this board. Small pockets of light poke through but only winning will destroy it like an episode of Rainbow Brite.

All last season we were in a huge hole and were trying to dig our way out of it. Now we are behind a speed bump but the PTSD of last season is wigging some out.

As for the "it is my patriotic right to complain", it's more the incessant hyperbolic negativity. Buckwheat is obviously a troll. That inflames things. Especially for people just coming back for the season that missed the obvious schtick all off season. But also most of the negativity isn't critical. It is "this player just sucks". It's rarely in depth. I like in depth criticism. Let's talk about how NO ONE WAS IN THE PAINT for most of our offensive sets. Why is this? But when it's just "Jrue sucks, Dell sucks we will never be good" it's like go tell it to someone else.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-22-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I’m not saying don’t complain. I’m saying the discussion should be centered around what’s actually happening in the games not what has already happened and been discussed to death.

We are in the middle of the season, what good comes from complaining about the contracts given out months ago?
    That’s fair

All types of discussion are welcomed in this forum or any forum for that matter. But it’s when the personal attacks or questioning each other’s fanhood no matter what side of the argument we are on start dominating the discussion/thread just because folks disagree. This is what pushes people away to other sites. I tend to hear both sides of an argument when it comes to the state of the Pelicans franchise because I know that it’s sincere and I want to be educated on what is good and bad about this team.
    Well said.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I agree 100% with this post. There are still some posters here who will finish their posts with unnecessary condesceding comments. The worst one is gone fortunately.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    My favorite thing pessimistic types do.

Them: "This team will always suck. I hate X player's stupid face and Demps for not signing the player who there's no guarnatee would work out on our team anyway."

Me: "Man, you're always so negative. Do you enjoy anything?"

Them: "Okay. Well the team is awesome. Perfect. The only option besides constantly complaining is blindly saying everything is okay. There is no in-between."

Thread Information