Thread: Pels in Contact with Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

That was quick.
    Good. #4 was instant Grits. #27 was Jordan Crawford
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Blahhhh Crawford can do too much sometimes but man, losing him is gonna hurt. He was really our only legit scorer off the bench. Hope it doesn't bite us in the end.
    Legit is probably too far, and his defense and awareness had a large part in these last two losses.

Crawford was a really inconsistent player, and his IQ really messed us up the first two games. He was horrible in preseason, and outside of a few good buckets, his bad was outweighing his good. I'm happy we chose Allen (great vet, defender, high IQ) over Crawford .

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Does anyone know any good sandwich spread for crow?
    I'm always partial to peanut butter
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Shocked people would have cut Allen over Crawford. That makes no sense for off the court and on the court reasons.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I loved Crawford, but a true PG was needed too badly. No hard feelings buddy, hope you year it up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I loved Crawford, but a true PG was needed too badly. No hard feelings buddy, hope you year it up somewhere.
    Agreed! I like Clark off the bench more but I'm going to miss gritz! Nelson is going to be a great addition though!

Sorry to see grits go but Nelson is am overall upgrade and fills a need. It was the logical choice.

Good luck grits, I hope you can catch on somewhere.

Also super important but overlooked is that Nelson knows Finch's system. He should be able to come in and direct traffic right away. This is actually a huge signing folks.

Also, we could either be looking at someone else with the injury exception. Or they might bring grits back with it.

I hope we use the injury exception on Green

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Also super important but overlooked is that Nelson knows Finch's system. He should be able to come in and direct traffic right away. This is actually a huge signing folks.

Also, we could either be looking at someone else with the injury exception. Or they might bring grits back with it.
    Yes that's a very good point. It should be easier for him to adjust to our team.

there goes his 6th man of the year award

I’m assuming we will resign Crawford as soon as our hardship exception kicks in.

I’m assuming we will resign Crawford as soon as our hardship exception kicks in.
    I wouldn't. I would sign Gerald Green first.

I wouldn't. I would sign Gerald Green first.
    Getting Green and Nelson would improve our team so much! Getting two real shooters at key positions would be awesome!

How is Crawford not a real shooter? It’s not his fault He was asked to run the point instead of being a shooter. He knows the system already too. He also doesn’t bring the baggage Green does either.

How is Crawford not a real shooter? It’s not his fault He was asked to run the point instead of being a shooter. He knows the system already too. He also doesn’t bring the baggage Green does either.
    He's not a shooter that can run the point which is my point. I always thought of him as a scorer with range.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    As much as I liked Crawford, Gerald Green fits a need in terms of needing shooting, and I think we need his athleticism.

The Franchise
    Crawford wasn't my favorite but he could shoot. Hopefully Nelson comes in and settles the pg position and give us good depth.

Crawford was a really inconsistent player, and his IQ really messed us up the first two games. He was horrible in preseason, and outside of a few good buckets, his bad was outweighing his good. I'm happy we chose Allen (great vet, defender, high IQ) over Crawford .
    Allen's contract is guaranteed. This was a salary cap move not a basketball decision.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    As much as I liked Crawford, Gerald Green fits a need in terms of needing shooting, and I think we need his athleticism.
    I'd like green just to come in and guard some bigger wings. If he can't defend then don't bring him in.

What baggage?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    He's not a shooter that can run the point which is my point.
    Neither is green.

Neither is green.
    Green bigger than Crawford and a better shooter. We need a shooter from the wing with length. We need a true PG that can shoot 3s and a bigger wing that can shoot 3s and has NBA caliber talent to improve our bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Green bigger than Crawford and a better shooter. We need a shooter from the wing with length. We need a true PG that can shoot 3s and a bigger wing that can shoot 3s and has NBA caliber talent to improve our bench.
    Crawford can play just fine on the wing. If Green were as good as some people are acting like he’d have a team right now. The way I see it is Green and Crawford are basically the same but Crawford has the advantage because he knows our system and what we are trying to do.

Thread Information