Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pels in Contact with Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Why they don't cut Asik who is always not healthy? I like Nelson but cutting Jordan is stupid idea...
    Crawford had the only non-guaranteed contract on the roster. You can't just cut someone with a guaranteed contract. Otherwise Asik would've been dropped long long long long long long long ago.

To be clear: I don’t think anyone wanted Crawford over Nelson. Well, almost everyone. The discussion for Crawford is with one of those hardship exception spots and between he and a player like Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    To be clear: I don’t think anyone wanted Crawford over Nelson. Well, almost everyone. The discussion for Crawford is with one of those hardship exception spots and between he and a player like Green.
    They're different players

We loved Crawford when he could make threes and we're not 100% sure what 35 year old Nelson brings but quietly optimistic

I don't know what games y'all been watching. But Crawford has been complete garbage and was almost the main reason we lost the lead in both games. His defense is Jimmer Fredette bad. His IQ and awareness is non existent. We almost always got bad shots when Crawford was on the floor, even the shots he made were bad shots. Like someone said earlier #4 was Instant Grits. #27 is Jordan Crawford.

Nelson is 10x better than him.

Green is 5x better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I don't know what games y'all been watching. But Crawford has been complete garbage and was almost the main reason we lost the lead in both games. His defense is Jimmer Fredette bad. His IQ and awareness is non existent. We almost always got bad shots when Crawford was on the floor, even the shots he made were bad shots. Like someone said earlier #4 was Instant Grits. #27 is Jordan Crawford.

This makes me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

I agree with this

Yeah. It's just really long discussion over the 7th guard with so many of the "Dell can't do anything right but also as a small aside the sky is falling" people. Which isn't you. You tend to be very realistic. It's them other peoples.

But like Houston said, Grits played his way off the team. And Clark playing well locked the door.

Pels in Contact with Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    But like Houston said, Grits played his way off the team. And Clark playing well locked the door.
    I agree with Crawford being cut for Nelson. I created the thread and said it in my first post afterall. Lol.

Clark’s pre season play really impressed me. He’s yet to show it as good in the regular season, but at least there’s some hope for him.

Hopefully adding another true PG in Nelson on the team will shift all our SGs back to their natural position and get them more comfortable again. We need scoring outside of our big 2.

The Franchise
    I don't mind the combo guard approach to our pg and SG positions but when those players can't handle the ball, then get someone that can. Hopefully Frank comes in and helps later in the year. I personally would like a guard that can bring the ball up, shoot open 3's, and cut to the basket. Passing can just be adequate.

Because Asik has a guaranteed contract and if we cut him then we wouldn’t be eligible to possibly apply for an injury retirement for him in February which would take his entire salary off the books.
    Thanks for the update. Now I have a whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Thanks for the update. Now I have a whole picture.
    No problem. =)

I agree with Crawford being cut for Nelson. I created the thread and said it in my first post afterall. Lol.

Clark’s pre season play really impressed me. He’s yet to show it as good in the regular season, but at least there’s some hope for him.

Hopefully adding another true PG in Nelson on the team will shift all our SGs back to their natural position and get them more comfortable again. We need scoring outside of our big 2.
    You attacked me strongly when I claimed we need a true point guard on the bench. You were saying that we have enough guards and there is no need for one. Like I said before it's ok to admit being wrong from time to time

One of injuries we dont talk at all about is the injury to the rook. From what I saw in the highlights (I know they dont tell the whole story) he is a dynamic player who can attack the rim which is a skill many players here lack (Moore, Cunningham..). He could be a nice surprise if he was healthy.

Crawford was a bad fit lately. Dude thought he was the go-to guy in crunch time. Hopefully Nelson can spread the ball and hit 3's because he's going to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Crawford was a bad fit lately. Dude thought he was the go-to guy in crunch time. Hopefully Nelson can spread the ball and hit 3's because he's going to get them.
    I actually like Crawford, in a world where he was playing alongside a Nelson or Rondo on the second unit he could of been a valuable gunner for us. Which we sorely need and will have less of without him. Because I don't trust our guards to hold up all season. Including Clark.

Its just he was being asked to run a unit and defend players he has no right defending and that is not his game.

But scoring wise he did deliver, 50% from the field and 4-5 from three. He is likely going to catch on somewhere like Seth Curry and make a solid impact role player for some team. But I understand the move.

Hope we win tonight..

Pels in Contact with Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    You attacked me strongly when I claimed we need a true point guard on the bench. You were saying that we have enough guards and there is no need for one. Like I said before it's ok to admit being wrong from time to time
    I didn’t attack you and injuries do change things. My point back then was we needed to use a roster spot instead on another big, which we STILL need.

One of injuries we dont talk at all about is the injury to the rook. From what I saw in the highlights (I know they dont tell the whole story) he is a dynamic player who can attack the rim which is a skill many players here lack (Moore, Cunningham..). He could be a nice surprise if he was healthy.
    I also watched highlights. Didn’t want to get too worked up. But I hope we get a chance to see him play this season
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I also watched highlights. Didn’t want to get too worked up. But I hope we get a chance to see him play this season
    when is he supposed to be back?

I wouldn't expect him back until after the all star break. Once he is cleared, he still needs to get back into game shape. Even then, he'll struggle getting into the line up as the team should most likely trim down the rotation to 8-9 players for the playoff run. If Jackson ends up getting a lot of playing time, I think the season will be shot. He has an uphill battle to earn rotational minutes once he's ready to return.

I thought I read somewhere that he could be back in December. But who knows.

Thread Information