.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 121

Thread: Pels in Contact with Nelson

  1. #1

    Pels in Contact with Nelson

    Jameer Nelson has recieved interest from the Pelicans, sources told @BBallInsiders. Pelicans have full roster & would need to cut someone.
    https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/stat...880198144?s=09

    -------------

    To me it's pretty easy. Cut Crawford to get Nelson in here.

  2. #2
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,670
    Chris Paul is banged up at the exact wrong time for us. We might not get a shot at Nelson now.

  3. #3
    Maybe we can get a deal in place and wait until the injury exception kicks in next week.

  4. #4
    Or cut grits

  5. #5
    I HATE THE ROCKETS. I'm already prepared folks. Next up, beno Udriuh. At least we know MM will cream out when we sign him haha.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  6. #6
    So it's come to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

    @Jabberwalker

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Buckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    508
    Wait? What’s wrong with our Max Deal Point Guard?
    Now we need a Point Guard?

  8. #8
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    2,653
    We should have cut Crawford yesterday just to show Nelson we mean business. Lol

  9. #9
    Please sign Nelson!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Wait? Whatís wrong with our Max Deal Point Guard?
    Now we need a Point Guard?
    You're lucky you haven't been banned yet. Stop trying to troll so hard, you're embarrassing yourself.

  11. #11
    Hall of Famer Buckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    508
    Mythrol what is wrong with our Max Deal Point Guard? That is a question to be banned for?
    Are you saying we need a player off the street to play Point Guard in order for this team to have a chance to win?

  12. #12
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Wait? What’s wrong with our Max Deal Point Guard?
    Now we need a Point Guard?
    Jrue Holiday is not and never was a point guard.

  13. #13
    Hall of Famer Buckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jrue Holiday is not and never was a point guard.

    Wait a minute. Was he signed in early July as a Point Guard close to a Max Deal? That is what Dell Demps called him? Alvin Gentry calls him a Point Guard? But according to the Head Coach and GM he is a Top Point Guard in the NBA.
    Just look it up not my statements
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-20-2017 at 07:43 PM.

  14. #14

    Pels in Contact with Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Mythrol what is wrong with our Max Deal Point Guard? That is a question to be banned for?
    Are you saying we need a player off the street to play Point Guard in order for this team to have a chance to win?
    You know you're trolling so shut up. Anyone not a blind idiot knows Jrue is not on a max contract or even near a max deal.

    Nelson is needed because we have exactly one healthy PG on the team right now. Jrue cannot play 48 minutes a game. We lost the lead last game while Jrue was on the bench and we tried to rely on SGs as the primary ball handler.

  15. #15
    Hall of Famer Buckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    508
    Insulting and name calling is okay for you to do Mythrol? Yet I question the ball club not ANY PERSONAL ATTACKS at any forum member yet it’s okay for YOU to do that?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Insulting and name calling is okay for you to do Mythrol? Yet I question the ball club not ANY PERSONAL ATTACKS at any forum member yet itís okay for YOU to do that?
    Notice how you didn't respond to my actual points, nor do you deny being a troll. It's pretty obvious what you are.

  17. #17
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Wait a minute. Was he signed in early July as a Point Guard close to a Max Deal? That is what Dell Demps called him? Alvin Gentry calls him a Point Guard? But according to the Head Coach and GM he is a Top Point Guard in the NBA.
    Just look it up not my statements

    He has to have some position by his name. And he's more or less the height of a PG. But his game is nothing resembling a PG. He has every hallmark in his game of being a 2 guard except for the height.

    If he has the ball in his hands, the last thing you want is for him to try and create offense for others. He'd be perfectly fine playing with 3 floor spacers and a single rugged big to clean up his shots at the rim and get the occasional dump off or alley oop. My biggest gripe with him in even his natural role is how passive and slow he plays. He plays like a soccer player with all that methodical pace and testing and probing.

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer Buckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    508
    Mythrol it’s very obvious who you are directing your Personal Attacks at.
    No need for that. I only make Solid Points not Magic Carpet BS dreams about this ball club.
    I never single out any forum member calling them names like yourself.
    Chill Out. So everything you read if it don’t fit your agenda it’s automatically a TROLL ?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Mythrol itís very obvious who you are directing your Personal Attacks at.
    No need for that. I only make Solid Points not Magic Carpet BS dreams about this ball club.
    I never single out any forum member calling them names like yourself.
    Chill Out. So everything you read if it donít fit your agenda itís automatically a TROLL ?
    Still waiting on your response to my actual points. Let's break them down so they are clear for you.

    1) Jrue is not on a max or near max deal.

    2) We only have one healthy PG on the team right now and so we need another PG to handle the ball during games.

    3) Jrue cannot play PG 48mpg and using a SG as a PG is not a successful way to run our offense.

    There you go, answer away.

  20. #20
    Hall of Famer Buckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    508
    Jrue is making more than AD and DC. So its A Max for this ball club at the moment
    We have plenty options to play Point Guard Moore or Crawford can bring the ball up the floor. As of lately it seems DC wants to handle the ball and put it on the floor.
    But your point of name calling or Assuming its a TROLL is way out of line.
    Jrue Holiday as you can go read everything I have ever said doesn’t process the Skill Set to be a dominant player in the league to warrant the high salary and win games on a consistent level yet he was signed as that.

  21. #21

    Pels in Contact with Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Jrue is making more than AD and DC. So its A Max for this ball club at the moment
    We have plenty options to play Point Guard Moore or Crawford can bring the ball up the floor. As of lately it seems DC wants to handle the ball and put it on the floor.
    But your point of name calling or Assuming its a TROLL is way out of line.
    Jrue Holiday as you can go read everything I have ever said doesnít process the Skill Set to be a dominant player in the league to warrant the high salary and win games on a consistent level yet he was signed as that.
    Jrue is not making more than AD over the life of AD's contract. Cousins has not signed a contract with us and is in the final year of a deal. There is no such thing as a "max for this ball club". Jrue left between 40-50m on the table between what he signed for and what his actual maximum is. He is not on a max deal in any form of the word.

    Moore and Crawford are not point guards, they are shooting guards. There is a major difference between being able to bring the ball up the court and actually operating the offense out of the half court set. Cousins handling the ball some does not mean we do not lack another main ball handler for our offense. Jrue being the only PG not injured means we have a glaring hole to fill in having someone who actually know how to run an offense.

    Nothing else you wrote is relevant to what this thread is about, which is the Pelicans needing a 2nd non-injured PG on this team. No matter how good or bad Jrue is, he cannot play 48mpg which means there is a need for another true PG right now on this team, not just someone who can "bring the ball up the floor".

  22. #22
    Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jrue is not making more than AD over the life of AD's contract. Cousins has not signed a contract with us and is in the final year of a deal. There is no such thing as a "max for this ball club". Jrue left between 40-50m on the table between what he signed for and what his actual maximum is. He is not on a max deal in any form of the word.

    Moore and Crawford are not point guards, they are shooting guards. There is a major difference between being able to bring the ball up the court and actually operating the offense out of the half court set. Cousins handling the ball some does not mean we do not lack another main ball handler for our offense. Jrue being the only PG not injured means we have a glaring hole to fill in having someone who actually know how to run an offense.

    Nothing else you wrote is relevant to what this thread is about, which is the Pelicans needing a 2nd non-injured PG on this team. No matter how good or bad Jrue is, he cannot play 48mpg which means there is a need for another true PG right now on this team, not just someone who can "bring the ball up the floor".
    Yeah not sure whatís hard to understand about this.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    We can use a vet PG that can take command of this team when things go haywire
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Jrue is making more than AD and DC. So its A Max for this ball club at the moment
    We have plenty options to play Point Guard Moore or Crawford can bring the ball up the floor. As of lately it seems DC wants to handle the ball and put it on the floor.
    But your point of name calling or Assuming its a TROLL is way out of line.
    Jrue Holiday as you can go read everything I have ever said doesnít process the Skill Set to be a dominant player in the league to warrant the high salary and win games on a consistent level yet he was signed as that.
    1) thats not how a max works...
    2) Moore and Crawford are not point guards in the slightest

  25. #25
    Cut Jrue/Moore

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •