Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Vs. Warriors Gameday!!

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    So 0-2 to start the season. Not ideal.
    Lets see if we can top our 0-9 start... Anything is possible with this ********ty roster.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    Yeah, I totally forgot about Curry and Clay. Lol...

You act like Green and Iguodala isn't important. Don't discount their importance. They are the QBs for the warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if the don't play...which they are. They have a better bench and better coaching so yeah...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I noticed no one answered the “is anyone going?” part of the post lol. I got two free tickets from my bosses. We’ll be in 313!
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    So another injury lol AA is out 4-6 weeks with his knee
    Well it's not like he was actually good. It sucks that he's hurt but he makes no positive impact on the game.

Banned
    Unleash the Beast Asik

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    108-82 Warriors win.

Honestly Boogie and AD have both challenged the warriors solo on multiple occasions. It will be fun to watch how they step up to this challenge. If Boogie and AD both have good games, it's not out of the realm of possibility that we win. Is it going to be tough, duck yeah it is. But that's what makes the experience awesome. If the Pels step up it's going to be a good game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm just going to go ahead and say that unless AD or Boogie goes off for 40 plus OR Jrue remembers how to play basketball and scores 20 we won't have a chance. It might be close but we won't win unless the Big 3 hit there averages and the bench gives us something. Moore in double figures again would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    108-82 Warriors win.
    Sadly, that sounds about right. If I could change just one thing from our last game it would be spamming the paint. If AD and Boogie are on the floor, one needs to be running at the basket. Get teams in foul trouble. Watching Gasol get in foul trouble and then settling on jumpers instead of going at him killed us last game. Get Green and Zaza to foul out. Make Durant play Boogie.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I want Diallo to get minutes this game

Banned
    We need The Beast Asik banging the Boards

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    We need The Beast Asik banging the Boards
    ***** troll alert *****

I believe in the human dynamic, but then again, we're Pelicans. As a side note, I am becoming concerned that Boogie's angst is hard to overcome for him. He always seems to be sulking, no matter what. 40 pts would be a good start, then ,maybe he'll smile and have some fun in the second half.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    I believe in the human dynamic, but then again, we're Pelicans. As a side note, I am becoming concerned that Boogie's angst is hard to overcome for him. He always seems to be sulking, no matter what. 40 pts would be a good start, then ,maybe he'll smile and have some fun in the second half.
    Cousins wants to win bad. He's giving everything he has and still the team gets a loss. I understand the sulking and the frustration.

However, the players need to take it upon themselves to stay composed and keep playing the offense as designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    ***** troll alert *****
    the ignore list makes life that little bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    the ignore list makes life that little bit easier.
    Unfortunately I use tapatalk and the ignore list is terrible. It still shows the posts.

When I was younger, these late tip-offs meant only one thing...Now that I have few more miles under my belt, I'll be glad just to make it through the First Quarter tonight. I can barely make 7pm start times some nights. And games like Wednesday night don't help much either.

Warriors 118 - AD and Boogie 68, the rest of da Pels 26.

Please hurry back Rondo.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Banned
    I am hoping we can see what DC is all about as a team player.
    I don’t like how he wants to shoot 3s never bang the boards for other players shooting.
    He puts his head down and drives to the basket one on one, that is not in the playbook.
    We need to play as a unit in order to be effective with this offense.
    Jrue has to step up on Curry slow him down some. Thompson could be the key? Can we slow him down?
    AD needs to relax some and take quality shots. Alvin Gentry sit down and let these guys play.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    When I was younger, these late tip-offs meant only one thing...Now that I have few more miles under my belt, I'll be glad just to make it through the First Quarter tonight. I can barely make 7pm start times some nights. And games like Wednesday night don't help much either.

Warriors 118 - AD and Boogie 68, the rest of da Pels 26.

Please hurry back Rondo.
    I was surprised by such a late start too. Is the game on national TV and that's the reason it's so late?

Just wait until we play the west coast teams and tipoff isn't until 10:30 or 11. We always have a few of those each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I was surprised by such a late start too. Is the game on national TV and that's the reason it's so late?

Just wait until we play the west coast teams and tipoff isn't until 10:30 or 11. We always have a few of those each year.
    ESPN...national limelight of shame tonight. Yea, those west coast game are impossible even on weekends. And unless they tip-off at noon or 6am, no chance watching them whenever I am out of country.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    ESPN...national limelight of shame tonight. Yea, those west coast game are impossible even on weekends. And unless they tip-off at noon or 6am, no chance watching them whenever I am out of country.
    Ah makes sense then. Must be ESPN's 2nd game.

Here's to hoping the team had a meeting where they discussed the need to keep playing the offense and not resort to ISO ball. We will see.

With 5 players injured we are at a huge disadvantage.

weird that it's on both ESPN & FSNOLA
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I think we have a chance but I'm also not going to freak out if we lose.

Here's what's on the line.....if we lose....it was to a great team, and last night was to a decent team for their home opener....but MM will probably keep posting and there will be more Taker and Buckwheat.

If we win, we probably won't shake Taker and Buckwheat but I doubt MM posts until we hit a losing streak. So we do have a bit riding on this socially.

These bandwagon Warriors fans in the arena are already irritating me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    These bandwagon Warriors fans in the arena are already irritating me lol
    Bandwagon Cam coming back tonight?

Thread Information