Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: GAMEDAY THREAD PELS at GRIZ 10/18/17

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Holiday is the NBA version of Mike Glennon.
    Lmao! Even worst.... Tebucky Jones!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Lmao! Even worst.... Tebucky Jones!
    Oh, ouch !

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    ADavis 33pts on 9-23FG
    Cousins 28pts on 9-21FG

TheField 30pts on 12-35FG

The field consisted of 8 players this time. Each averaging 3.8pts.
    This is going to be the theme of this season. Once Rondo gets here we will more likely win more games with an actual PG to lead our team. However, Demps did a poor job of having enough talent off the bench with a sub par coach with players not even close to his system. It looks worst than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Solo kills our rotation. Crawford & Miller are atrocious defensively.
    Replace Crawford & Miller with Nelson & Green and we're instantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    We can’t keep turning the ball over. We can’t fall asleep on defense. We MUST stay healthy.
    Too late

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Agreed! Unfortunately, Demps is our GM. If he can't trade a 1st round pick for them, he doesn't want them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    That makes sense, but aren’t we so cap strapped due to Holiday’s deal that we can’t afford to make any moves?

GAMEDAY THREAD PELS at GRIZ 10/18/17

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Agreed! Unfortunately, Demps is our GM. If he can't trade a 1st round pick for them, he doesn't want them.
    They are free agents. We don’t have to trade a first. We just need to shred salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    That makes sense, but aren’t we so cap strapped due to Holiday’s deal that we can’t afford to make any moves?
    Holiday, Ajinca and Asik deals. But I think we can still sign guys for the minimum.

Ppl saying it's just one game but if we want to make the playoffs then we need to win as many games as we can because the West is brutal and the beginning of our schedule is hard
    Last edited by tyler; 10-18-2017 at 10:25 PM.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm of the mind that Gerald Green needs to be on a plane to NOLA, ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hield seems to have gone backwards so far this season
    One game?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    One game?
    Isn't that the trend of the thread? One game, fire Gentry, team is doomed. Etc?

I mean, I do think we need to find more offense. But only because I can see that certain players lack traits I like. And I want Gerald Green specifically because I've always wanted a high flying player. That he can hit 3s is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Isn't that the trend of the thread? One game, fire Gentry, team is doomed. Etc?

I mean, I do think we need to find more offense. But only because I can see that certain players lack traits I like. And I want Gerald Green specifically because I've always wanted a high flying player. That he can hit 3s is just a bonus.
    Gentry sucked last year too. Also, we sucked in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    They are free agents. We don’t have to trade a first. We just need to shred salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's my point! It just makes to much sense.

The Franchise
    I'm disappointed that commentators know more about playing matchups then our coaches. We definitely need another pg. Clark, Jrue, Moore, and Crawford should only be playing SG but Clark wasn't near as bad as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    The plays are all one-on-one. Bigs outside and driving...enough to get one of them hurt (see AD earlier) . Let them operate off the block and run your offense through them. We need a traditional low post offense.
    That makes to much sense no way we do that.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    It's just hard to watch us lose with our two big boys filling up the stat sheet. It's just one game, but man, we shouldn't have lost to Memphis.

Banned
    The Pelicans haven’t had a Point Guard in 3 Years.
    So why are you guys claiming after one game in the 2017 season we need a Point Guard that is why we lost?
    Most of all you guys knew that already. Go look back in the threads from late June and read all the Defenders of Jrue Holiday.
    I was ripping that deal. I was begging we didn’t sign this player. I laid it out why? He can’t beat anyone off the dribble. He has screws in his Damn Leg comon now you mean to tell me that don’t effect your quickness and explosive moves on a wooden basketball court? Sure it does. But yet most on this forum was okay and PRAISING Dell Demps for signing him. At that juncture in time the Pelicans signed JH to be a Point Guard not a 2 Guard. Then all of a sudden Chris Finch is the answer to this offense. He is the best offensive mind in Pro Basketball. Well both of them along with a New DC a full year of Training Camp and look what you have. Injuries happen on every team every year no excuse there. The Pelicans lack General Management and Head Coach. DC is not the answer and it’s showing. He wants to put the ball on the floor put his head down And look for a shot. He is not a team player never has been in his professional career. A coach killer loser. Tonight we seen his crying looking for fouls no where near the basket playing real basketball. The Pelicans have AD. He is coachable player. He wants to Win no doubt. Our window with him is closing and it closing fast. Something needs to happen quick. I said this before. The first 20 games are key. If we can’t get 10 wins it’s over. No playoffs period. I say fire Alvin Gentry on the spot. Give Ermin the job and let’s see what happens. Trade DC for something of value to get back what we lost in The trade with the Kings. Just my rant nothing personal

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    One game?
    Tryna make myself feel better

Jrue has had an ever changing role. This year he was told to "be more aggressive" "we need scoring from you." So guess what? On offense you saw zero ball movement. Because they want him to score. Miller and Clark sat on the perimeter all game and was barely passed to. I'm not saying either of those guys are our saviors but Jrue, AD, and Boogie were all blackholes tonight.

They tried to do too much. Jrue however tried to do WAY too much. So because of his aggressiveness, Memphis crashed the paint and doubled Boogie and AD because they werent passing to anyone else. The pendulum will swing back and Jrue will find his sweet spot.

As for Jrue's contract, you know that was our only option. We either spend money on him or basically have enough money for an MLE guy. No one thinks Jrue is worth the money he's getting but it had to be done

The biggest worry for me is that last season, Boogie joined our team and joined our offense that we had in place. This season I wonder if he's trying to make it his own. We saw the iso plays from a lot of Pelicans, which is what Boogie likes to do. We saw the emotion when fouls were called, which we know Boogie has. It seems like Boogie has had a powerful impact on this team (maybe I'm reading too deeply into it). But in my mind, this game is the Pelicans trying to figure out who they are, who their leader is, and what are everyone's roles.

It's going to be a steep adjustment, I just hope they figure it out before its too late.

Jrue should be a Knick and the Pels should have used his money on a wing scorer. I don’t blame Jrue. Demps simply isn’t good at his job.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I find it hard to believe that we can't find anyone better than Miller to be on the roster. Dude is just not NBA level.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Jrue should be a Knick and the Pels should have used his money on a wing scorer.
    That's not how it works. Come on people, you're smarter than this and we've covered this already months ago.

Banned
    Jrue is Jrue it has nothing to do with his role on this club or any ball club.
    He lacks the Skill Set of say Steff Curry, Westbrook, Irving or Harding etc etc the list is long. He is not a play maker big time player Period.
    Look at Conley last night prime example. You can't make chop liver prime rib.

Thread Information