Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: GAMEDAY THREAD PELS at GRIZ 10/18/17

I really wish we played the long end-game and not traded for Boogie, let Jrue walk, drafted Dennis Smith Jr. Would be more excited about Brow, Hield & DSJ than this crap we're putting out there with '2 top 10 pleyers'.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    We need another ball handler. Crawford is expendable. Who is the best available. Don't care if he can't hit a lay up.
    Even when Rondo comes back, we can't expect Cousins to handle the ball this much. Not without some other threat he can hand off to and make havoc.

Outside of another injury....this is the worst case scenario for a debut.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Even when Rondo comes back, we can't expect Cousins to handle the ball this much. Not without some other threat he can hand off to and make havoc.
    Did Denver cut Jameer Nelson to sign Jefferson?

Jrue is like a walking Valium .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Did Denver cut Jameer Nelson to sign Jefferson?
    yes.

AD & Boogie - 61 pts

rest of Pelicans - 30 pts
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

It's going to take a few games. Just like the Saints. But thats only to be .500.

Without Rondo there will be no playoffs. Jrue Holiday should probably come off the bench. That seems his true role. They lost because he had a pathetic showing. Even a halfway decent showing and they might have won.

Pels 0/10 from 3 in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    yes.
    Well, there's your Guard. He played for Finch last year. He should Start immediately & move Jrue to #2

ADavis 33pts on 9-23FG
    Cousins 28pts on 9-21FG

TheField 30pts on 12-35FG

The field consisted of 8 players this time. Each averaging 3.8pts.

Yes the refs were bad. But our guys pouted all game, they looked like entitled cry babies out there. They should've won that game but they let the refs take them out mentally because the game was physical. Disappointing. I hope they see that on film and never let it happen again.

Also, the ball stopped moving after the 1st. The ISO plays are cool here and there but we need to keep the ball moving to win games.

Jrue misses some easy shots early but then he got progressively worse. His defense was non existent tonight.

Overall the team was out of sync all game, they were more focused on reffing the game than playing the game.

I think we will still be good, but we need an athletic wing. I pray we land Gerald Green. We need an unconscious scorer. Our "high iq" role players overthink the game too much.

this dude on Pelicans Live going ham

ETA: the ex-Spur... I didn't get his name... not Coach Harris

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    this dude on Pelicans Live going ham

ETA: the ex-Spur... I didn't get his name... not Coach Harris
    Antonio Daniels?

Another opener and another L. Holiday is walking waste of 25 mln $. Complete garbage...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's going to take a few games. Just like the Saints. But thats only to be .500.

Without Rondo there will be no playoffs. Jrue Holiday should probably come off the bench. That seems his true role. They lost because he had a pathetic showing. Even a halfway decent showing and they might have won.
    Holiday is NOT capable of being the captain of this ship. Not even in the back-up role. Sign Nelson, start him immediately. When Rondo comes back, cut Crawford & Nelson becomes back-up PG

Just think that if Jrue would have just made 12 more points this game would have been decided at the last minute. 16 points is not too much to ask for from a starting point guard any given night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antonio Daniels?
    is that who that is? I didn't get his name

but he was making a lot of good points

I still question the coaching as well.

Again, you have Parsons on Davis. Get Davis the ball at the rim. They did this **** last year with Babbitt on Cousins and they ignored that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Yes the refs were bad. But our guys pouted all game, they looked like entitled cry babies out there. They should've won that game but they let the refs take them out mentally because the game was physical. Disappointing. I hope they see that on film and never let it happen again.

Also, the ball stopped moving after the 1st. The ISO plays are cool here and there but we need to keep the ball moving to win games.

Jrue misses some easy shots early but then he got progressively worse. His defense was non existent tonight.

Overall the team was out of sync all game, they were more focused on reffing the game than playing the game.

I think we will still be good, but we need an athletic wing. I pray we land Gerald Green. We need an unconscious scorer. Our "high iq" role players overthink the game too much.
    This is a good overall assessment of the game. The refs were beyond terrible, but we had 17 turnovers in 3 qtrs, stopped with the game plan and tried to ISO ball our way after the 1st, and shot 38% from the field.

As terrible as the refs were we could have overcome them. Our players simply didn't execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Another opener and another L. Holiday is walking waste of 25 mln $. Complete garbage...
    Holiday is the NBA version of Mike Glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is a good overall assessment of the game. The refs were beyond terrible, but we had 17 turnovers in 3 qtrs, stopped with the game plan and tried to ISO ball our way after the 1st, and shot 38% from the field.

As terrible as the refs were we could have overcome them. Our players simply didn't execute.
    Solo kills our rotation. Crawford & Miller are atrocious defensively.

they got away from the offense in the second the minute the 3 ball dried up. fed right into memphis physical play. emotions kick in and cousins and ad began one on one wanting fouls. Refs cant call every foul. coaching has to get control are its going to get ugly. cousins checked out early and ad was sick and his quad was hurting him. Gentry let this happen. Rondo would have gotten this straightened out.

Crawford, I expect that from. Miller should be able to adjust with time. He's been away from the NBA game for a while.

Also, yeah, another thing I really didn't like how much complaining Cousins and AD did all game. The refs never did like us. We have to freaking ignore that. How can you be a leader when you're **********ing about a bad call?
    Worked for Duncan many years. Dude always threw up the WTF flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

once we leave the three ball out we were done. this is ad and cousins team. the other guys are not standing up to them. Coaching Coaching Coaching

Thread Information