Pelicans Report

Thread: Season Prediction Time

Season Prediction Time

What will the Pelicans record be?
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season?
    Will Demps be dumped during the season?
    Will AD make the All Star team?
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team?
    Who will be the most improved player?
    Who will be the most valuable player?
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs?
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go?
    Will a big move happen this year via trade?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

What will the Pelicans record be? 50-32
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? No, he stays on.
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? No, he stays on to finish this out.
    Will AD make the All Star team? Yes.
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? Boogie.
    Who will be the most improved player? Darius Miller. I think he will be an answer to our prayers at sf.
    Who will be the most valuable player? Boogie
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs? Yes
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go? 2nd round
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? Yes. I think around mid season we will be clumped together with a few other teams fighting for a playoff spot, and we will trade our first and a player for a player who will put us over the edge, and secure our spot.

What will the Pelicans record be? I'm saying 53 wins.
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? Nope, he'll be kept on as continuity to encourage Boogie to stay.
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? Nope, for the same reason as Gentry.
    Will AD make the All Star team? Yes
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? Possibly Boogie, unless he gets shafted again
    Who will be the most improved player? Jrue, I think by the end of the season Jrue might not change too much in the box score but he'll be a different player to watch on court.
    Who will be the most valuable player? Anthony Davis
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs? Definitely
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go? Depending on matchups, I see us in the second round but not the conference finals.
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? Probably not.

Banned
    36-39 wins
    Head Coach Alvin Gentry will revealed of his duties before the All Star break.
    DC possibly traded before the All Star break.
    End of season complete reconstruction of front office Mgmt.

What will the Pelicans record be? 41-41
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? No. After the season
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? No. After the season.
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? Hard to say with he new no more East/West format.
    Who will be the most improved player? Jrue, focused, with a full 82 games.
    Who will be the most valuable player? Davis on the Pelicans, LeBron in the NBA
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs? No. But will be fighting for the 8th seed till the last day.
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go? N/A
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? Only if Cousins and Davis are not working out and the wheels are falling off. It would be best to move Cousins for something before he hits free agency.

Hope I am wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What will the Pelicans record be? 50-32
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? No, he stays on.
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? No, he stays on to finish this out.
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? Boogie.
    Who will be the most improved player? Darius Miller. I think he will be an answer to our prayers at sf.
    Who will be the most valuable player? Boogie
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? Yes. I think around mid season we will be clumped together with a few other teams fighting for a playoff spot, and we will trade our first and a player for a player who will put us over the edge, and secure our spot.
    I like that optimism. I really hope you are right but I really doubt Miller will improve that much. I am hoping Holiday to have a really nice season. If Rondo has a nice season as well as Hill when he is back (I was hoping he would be the most improved player on this team) then yes we could be a 50win team and fight in the second playoff round.

https://youtu.be/-_V6pd2Ifqo

I thought this was interesting... They talked about the pelicans
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    What will the Pelicans record be? 38-44
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? No. Trying to keep the band together.
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? No. See above.
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? No. Cousins will get screwed again.
    Who will be the most improved player? Moore, but no one will truly make a huge jump.
    Who will be the most valuable player? Davis
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs? No
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go? See Above
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? There will be a move or two, but nothing major.

What will the Pelicans record be? 39-43

Will Gentry be dumped during the season? yes. I think this is almost a lock. Dell is trying to save his job and I think this is the last season he has to try and get the Pels to the playoffs. I think the first bump in the road (a couple embarrassing losses to the likes of Detroit or Milwaukee and/or a few poor showings against the teams we're fighting for a playoff spot against (Memphis/Denver/Portland) and I think Dell starts to worry. If our offense struggles especially I think he tries bringing in someone who he thinks can do a quick-fix for the team and/or appease Benson. Maybe promoting an assistant?)

Will Demps be dumped during the season? I doubt he's gone before the season's over. If the Pels miss the playoffs I think he's gone and I don't think it matters what kind of injuries could happen.

Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? I think Boogie will put up some well-rounded, and particularly crazy numbers this year and people start wondering if AD or Boogie is better and joins AD on the All Star team.

Who will be the most improved player? (on this team?) Boogie. He didn't look great when he came in last year. Hopefully Diallo shows us he can be useful.

Who will be the most valuable player? AD is a better player but Boogie will be more instrumental to the other players.

Will the Pelicans make the playoffs? No. There are just too many things that have to go right. If they do though, I think Pels become an NBA nerd favorite team for being a competitive non-shooting team built around big men.

How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go? Where will they go fishing? Jamaica.

Will a big move happen this year via trade? If the Pels don't trade at least 2 first round picks then I think 100% think Dell was told he couldn't by ownership and is gone for sure at the end of the year. I expect however that the Pels will trade 2 firsts and Ajinca for a player like Eric Bledsoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

What will the Pelicans record be?
    -42-40. Start off in a hole and fight to climb back into it rest of year. Get close but miss playoffs. Rondo injury sets back development a crucial month.
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season?
    -No. Don't think the wheels come off. I think they bump along on the edge of contention. Gentry released at end of season as part of retooling effort.
    Will Demps be dumped during the season?
    -No. See above. Let go at end of season as part of retooling effort.
    -No.
    Will AD make the All Star team?
    -Yes.
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team?
    -Cousins has a chance.
    Who will be the most improved player?
    -Ian Clark or Dante Cunningham.
    Who will be the most valuable player?
    -Davis.
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs?
    -No. Too deep a hole early in season to get out of.
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go?
    -No playoffs.
    Will a big move happen this year via trade?
    -No. Might make sense to deal Cousins, but Dell will hold out for a miracle run in the second half of season to make playoffs and save his job. Real question is whether Boogie comes back. I says doubtful, so we lose him for nothing for a phantom playoff push, a la Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. Sorry. Demps has shown himself unwilling to make moves in the longterm interest of club when it might impact his job prospects in the near term.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    What will the Pelicans record be? - 42-40
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? - Depends on the start. If the start is bad, then he's gone.
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? - Doubt it.
    Will AD make the All Star team? - Yes.
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? - Maybe Cousins.
    Who will be the most improved player? - Darius Miller.
    Who will be the most valuable player? - AD. Always AD.
    Will the Pelicans make the playoffs? - Yes. 7-8 seed.
    How far in the playoffs will the Pelicans go? - First round elimination.
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? - No.

We start off really slow. We fire Demps(I meant Gentry lol) & bring back Monty. We trade Cousins & Rondo to Detroit for Drummond & Harris.

C: Drummond
    PF: AD
    SF: Harris
    SG: Allen
    PG: Jrue
    6th: Moore

Become the best defensive team in the league and win the title!

Haha, but seriously I hope we can win 50+ and get that 7th seed to play some of are old players in CP3, Ryno, EG, & Ariza!! Upset the Rockets and lose to the Thunder or Spurs. We show enough to keep Cousins long term with AD as well lol. My dreams!!
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 10-17-2017 at 08:22 PM.

What will the Pelicans record be? 48-34
    Will Gentry be dumped during the season? I hope so or at least after the season
    Will Demps be dumped during the season? See above
    Will AD make the All Star team? Yes
    Will any other Pelicans join Davis on the All Star team? Boogie
    Who will be the most improved player? I would say Clark or Crawford (who ever actually becomes the 6th man)
    Who will be the most valuable player? AD is the obvious choice but I will say Rondo would make the biggest impact because of his leadership and ability to feed AD and Boogie
    Will a big move happen this year via trade? I wish Dell was smart enough to trade one of second rounders to pick up a decent bench player (hopefully a real shooter this time) to improve it. However, We trade our 1st round pick for a slightly better wing that can improve our bench.

Thread Information