Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pels vs Grizzlies super late game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Mythrol
    Darren has Never been a Head Coach in the NBA.
    Finch has Never been a Head Coach in the NBA.
    Finch has Never been part of a NBA Championship team in his short NBA Career unlike Darren Erman.
    Now HP
    Ya Boy Jrue will now be up against the pure 2 Guards in the league.
    He can't hold a candle next to these guys you ask for 5 ok.
    Here is a few off the top of my head:
    James Harden
    Klay Thompson
    Devin Booker
    CJ McCollum
    DeMar DeRozan
    Bradley Beal
    Evan Fournier
    Dion Waiters
    Andrew Wiggins.
    Jrue is a better ball handler and playmaker than everybody on that list not named Harden. He is a better defender than everybody on that list, slightly edging Thompson. Jrue now gets the benefit most of those guys have had in playing next to a great PG. He has to prove it though. I like his skill set as a SG.

Right now I would rank that list:
    James Harden
    Klay Thompson
    Demar Derozan
    Bradley Beal
    CJ McCollum
    Andrew Wiggins
    Devin Booker
    Jrue Holiday
    Evan Fournier
    Dion waiters

Which has Jrue as 8th best SG now. I think he can crack top 5 by the end of season. Possibly top 3.

Mythrol
    Darren has Never been a Head Coach in the NBA.
    Finch has Never been a Head Coach in the NBA.
    Finch has Never been part of a NBA Championship team in his short NBA Career unlike Darren Erman.
    By that logic you should love Gentry. I mean he was on the Warriors Championship team.

Banned
    Alvin had absolutely Nothing to do with that offense other than stand on the sideline.
    Steve Kerr runs that ship.
    Jrue is a spot up shooter at best. His off the dribble moves were never the same since he has those screws in his leg.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-14-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Alvin had absolutely Nothing to do with that offense other than stand on the sideline.
    Steve Kerr runs that ship.
    Jrue is a spot up shooter at best. His off the dribble moves were never the same since he has those screws in his leg.
    Alvin was the one who gave Kerr the Offense. Kerr has been great but he obviously had help. His staff has been loaded since day one.

And you can keep whatever opinion you have on Jrue. That's not even worth debating if he's just a spot up shooter.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Seriously gonna say that Alvin Gentry had ZERO to do with the Warriors success? Based on what? That it continued after he left? Funny how a player or coach's possible impact on a team can vary so sharply depending on how much the evaluator already likes the player or coach.

X coach is good. X team is good. They had a huge impact on the team's success.

Or I guess it's all about the team. If the team is good, then the coach must be good. If the team is mediocre then the coach must be the worst.

Don't forget, guys. We were all ignoring Buckwheat before his vacation to wherever. Get back on that wagon.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Jrue is a better ball handler and playmaker than everybody on that list not named Harden. He is a better defender than everybody on that list, slightly edging Thompson. Jrue now gets the benefit most of those guys have had in playing next to a great PG. He has to prove it though. I like his skill set as a SG.

Right now I would rank that list:
    James Harden
    Klay Thompson
    Demar Derozan
    Bradley Beal
    CJ McCollum
    Andrew Wiggins
    Devin Booker
    Jrue Holiday
    Evan Fournier
    Dion waiters

Which has Jrue as 8th best SG now. I think he can crack top 5 by the end of season. Possibly top 3.
    Jrue is barely the third best player in HIS OWN FAMILY.

/#Rimshot #SorryIcouldntResist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have finally watched the game. I dont agree that the big loss is because Davis and Cousins didnt play a lot. Pels were down by 20 when they stopped playing and up to that point they played siginificant minutes. I understand that we didnt want to show Memphis everything as we are playing them in the first game of the season. I also get it that it is just preseason but judging this preaseason I am a bit concerned. Davis has taken a lot of long jump shots which he was supposed to take less. I wish Cousins complained less. IMO Moore doesn't look good at all. Miller looks even worse. Clark looks decent, Cuningham just average. Looks like Crawford wont be getting any playing time. Will Tony Allen contriute at all? Diallo might have potential but we shouldnt count on him this season. I was quite optimistic up to some point but then Hill went down (I was really expecting a great season from him) and then Rondo. Now we dont have good playmakers among our guards. I hope this season starts better than the last ones and when Rondo is back we dont have 10 more losses that wins.

Banned
    Polish Fan very well said !

Thread Information