Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Grizzlies super late game day thread

Pels vs Grizzlies super late game day thread

So was chaperoning a dance, uhh wtf happened?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Somehow I am betting you had more fun

What game?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PELICANS will destroy MEMPHIS next time they play!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like we have DC, AD, and Rondo who are legitimate NBA players with All star ability. Then we have Jrue Holiday who is a solid but not great vastly overpaid guard in the league. Then ten feet of crap. Then back of the bench/end of the rotation NBA players like Ian Clark, Dante Cunningham, Jordan Crawford, E'Twaun Moore, and Solomon Hill. Then fifty feet of more crap. Then we have Ajinca, Diallo, and Darius Miller. And then the contract of Asik which is more like a 10+ million donation for the cure of IBD which counts against the salary cap.

The game was terrible and every one expect AD and DC are terrible... Even everyone's favorite Diallo looked terrible
    Last edited by tyler; 10-14-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Seems like we have DC, AD, and Rondo who are legitimate NBA players with All star ability. Then we have Jrue Holiday who is a solid but not great vastly overpaid guard in the league. Then ten feet of crap. Then back of the bench/end of the rotation NBA players like Ian Clark, Dante Cunningham, Jordan Crawford, E'Twaun Moore, and Solomon Hill. Then fifty feet of more crap. Then we have Ajinca, Diallo, and Darius Miller. And then the contract of Asik which is more like a 10+ million donation for the cure of IBD which counts against the salary cap.
    That's the thing we have end of the bench type players players being our role players and starters

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I legit thought the final score was a typo, I had to check bleacher just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    The game was terrible and every one expect AD and DC are terrible... Everyone's favorite Diallo looked terrible
    What is frustrating is if you compare our roster to the Grizzlies, it really shouldn't of been this bad. I understand long-term chemistry and organizational stability, but still. One for one talent on the court tonight and we should of at least been much closer.

That to me is concerning.

Looking at the box score, and how many minuets Boogie and AD played, we probably should have lost by more.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dell's horribly mismanaged roster construction can't be hidden any longer

Pels vs Grizzlies super late game day thread

Let's wait until the games actually count before jumping off the cliff. AD and Cousins each took 5 shots. . .

Anyone who watched the 1st qtr would have seen we were specifically experimenting with what we were doing. The goal was to show Memphis absolutely nothing while playing with different ideas.

We ride or die by AD and Cousins, not what our bench does in a garbage pre season game.

That's the thing we have end of the bench type players players being our role players and starters
    Unfortunately that's what happens when two starters are already out with injuries before the season starts, and another former starter making $10m+ per year has crohn's disease.

But everyone is tired of blaming it on injuries... because it's the same thing every year. Really there's no excuse for AD and Cousins this year. Even with a garbage supporting cast, if you're the best PF and C in the league, then you should at least make the playoffs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Let's wait until the games actually count before jumping off the cliff. AD and Cousins each took 5 shots. . .

Anyone who watched the 1st qtr would have seen we were specifically experimenting with what we were doing. The goal was to show Memphis absolutely nothing while playing with different ideas.

We ride or die by AD and Cousins, not what our bench does in a garbage pre season game.
    Memphis starting 5 played 19 more minutes. I think that's significant. Memphis went to the line a lot and made their FTs. If AD and Cousins played 37minutes against Gasol and company we would beat them.

I've heard criticisms towards Miller and Diallo on here. Ian Clark too. I'm very confident that Miller will be a legit player who will shoot 2-5 times a game and give us a 3 point threat. .38 from three.

Clark will be fine. I expect 3 point shooting. He should do what he did with GSW last year except he might get more minutes and score more points. Not worried about him at all.

Diallo was a project and I think he needs a chance to play 15-20 games before we can truly judge him. He makes mistakes, turns the ball over and fouls too easily. I'm hoping coach gives him minutes and if he starts to become a liability take him out the game. If this kid learns and decreases his mistakes he will be a good NBA player. I like Diallo and I think some of his success depends on coaching because he's got the ability.

This game is super misleading. Our starting 5 will crush them. My biggest concern is perimeter defense and our bench. If Diallo can't deliver I think we will have problems. Ajinca is not going to cut it. I want to move Ajinca for a better big. Dump Asik, move Ajinca and the 1st for a truly serviceable big. We probably can't pull that off. We should sign D-Williams to play some minutes at the point.

Mark my words. We are going to beat Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's take a look at the final preseason game by points lost per every minute with guys on the floor:

Alexander +0.25
    JJones +0.07
    Cooke +0.07
    Diallo -0.70 = -33.6/per48
    Moore -0.71 = -34.1/per48
    Crawford -0.76 = -36.5/per48
    Cousins -0.79 = -37.9/per48
    PJones -1.00 = -48.0/per48
    Ajinca -1.11 = -53.3/per48
    Holiday -1.20 = -57.6/per48
    Miller -1.22 = -58.6/per48
    Davis -1.29 = -61.9/per48
    Clark -1.41 = -67.7/per48
    Cunningham -1.44 = -69.1/per48

So...if we accept that Rondo and Hill are out, and setting aside the camp scrubs, the very best team the Pels could field would be a Cousins/Diallo/Allen (hey, at least he wasn't involved)/Moore/Crawford lineup that would lose somewhere in the range of -0.75pts a minute, so if you played them 48 min you might only lose by 36. On the other hand if you sent out a Davis/Cunningham/Miller/Clark/Holiday lineup you lose somewhere in the range of -1.30pts a minute and could lose a 48 min game by 60 points or so.

The assumption and excuse has to be "looking forward to regular season/did not care/did not want to get anybody else hurt" etc. etc. but that's an awfully ugly way to go about it.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 10-14-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Wasn't home to post the gameday thread. Don't worry, I won't miss one for the regular season unless someone beats me too it!

I'm actually glad I missed this one...

We didnt show up to win, stats say we ran more for Jrue and tried to figure out which long shots are staying or going. Also not wise to play your hand pre-season against the team you play first game regular season. We'll be a lot different next game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Our outlook won’t be altered thanks to a preseason game no matter how lopsided the final score was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Let's take a look at the final preseason game by points lost per every minute with guys on the floor:

Alexander +0.25
    JJones +0.07
    Cooke +0.07
    Diallo -0.70 = -33.6/per48
    Moore -0.71 = -34.1/per48
    Crawford -0.76 = -36.5/per48
    Cousins -0.79 = -37.9/per48
    PJones -1.00 = -48.0/per48
    Ajinca -1.11 = -53.3/per48
    Holiday -1.20 = -57.6/per48
    Miller -1.22 = -58.6/per48
    Davis -1.29 = -61.9/per48
    Clark -1.41 = -67.7/per48
    Cunningham -1.44 = -69.1/per48

So...if we accept that Rondo and Hill are out, and setting aside the camp scrubs, the very best team the Pels could field would be a Cousins/Diallo/Allen (hey, at least he wasn't involved)/Moore/Crawford lineup that would lose somewhere in the range of -0.75pts a minute, so if you played them 48 min you might only lose by 36. On the other hand if you sent out a Davis/Cunningham/Miller/Clark/Holiday lineup you lose somewhere in the range of -1.30pts a minute and could lose a 48 min game by 60 points or so.

The assumption and excuse has to be "looking forward to regular season/did not care/did not want to get anybody else hurt" etc. etc. but that's an awfully ugly way to go about it.
    Why would you waste so much time on such an irrelevant thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Our outlook won’t be altered thanks to a preseason game no matter how lopsided the final score was.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why would you waste so much time on such an irrelevant thing?
    Exactly what I was thinking

My dog thinks he was watching a regular season game.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking

My dog thinks he was watching a regular season game.
    I truly think we need to realize that we looked trash this preseason, and even tho it's just pre season outside of DMC and AD our roster is dumpster juice.... I wish Dell would have signed swaggy P... But all in all I hope we do great because a lot is riding on this season
    Last edited by tyler; 10-14-2017 at 10:04 AM.

You people aren't serious right? Good Norse god lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    You people aren't serious right? Good Norse god lol

Answer me this. Do you still think we make the playoffs this year?

Answer me this. Do you still think we make the playoffs this year?
    Yup

Thread Information