Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

Last edited by JrueDat; 07-01-2017 at 06:04 AM.

I dont like that player option. I wonder that these bonuses are. Do they count towards tha cap?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I dont like that player option. I wonder that these bonuses are. Do they count towards tha cap?
    No, bonuses do not effect cap that I know of.
    Last edited by JrueDat; 07-01-2017 at 05:55 AM.

For those who are knowledgeable of our cap situation, would we have enough money to offer a max to another superstar two off-seasons from now?

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    No bonuses don't effect cap that I know of.
    that's good if we are not forced to sign his brother then it's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    that's good if we are not forced to sign his brother then it's not so bad.
    Plus I don't have to change my username Priorities ya know!

Plus, this isn't so bad. Signing Jrue gives us a better opportunity to make the playoffs this year, which could ensure Boogie's willingness to re-sign next summer.

After that, if we don't like the direction/not satisfied with Jrue at the point, maybe then trade him and hope for John Wall that off-season??

Plus I don't have to change my username Priorities ya know!
    good for you

So it's slightly over 25 mil a year. This is too much ,but just short of insanely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    So it's slightly over 25 mil a year. This is too much ,but just short of insanely bad.
    Yeah I think we all would've preferred it to be closer to 20 Mil per but I am ok with it. I feel like AD and Boogie really wanted him back from what I saw and if they are both happy I am happy.

Yeah I think we all would've preferred it to be closer to 20 Mil per but I am ok with it. I feel like AD and Boogie really wanted him back from what I saw and if they are both happy I am happy.
    So when or where did you see that AD and DMC wanted him back? Is there a link?
    Five years is as bad as the amount.
    Last edited by durun; 07-01-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Like it or hate it... It was the top priority this offseason because every other option was worse. We are building to win now and Dell will go scrub coal in the D-League or the ****** end of waiver street to make ******** fit around what we have.

This team is really all dependent on Solomon Hill finding his place as an efficient player offensively. The rest we can kinda live with. But the West is just a cluster ******** of talent and there are no more excuses, you win or you rebuild. That rebuild will include shipping AD if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    So when or where did you see that AD and DMC wanted him back? Is there a link?
    I don't have links I just recall interviews towards the end of the season saying how they wanted him to stay. It is just my impression that I got. Also Solo Hill tweeted out this yesterday too:

I don't think he would've said that if AD and Boogie didn't want Jrue back too considering he has to play with them both next year.

Don't know if it's possible but I hope they can construct the salaries in reverse:

Year 1 29M
    Year 2 27M
    Year 3 25M
    Year 4 23M
    Year 5 22M

Banned
    Damn it's sucks to watch this franchise go south instead of north.

All-Star
    Ok so Jrue is signed, and now what are we looking for?

Starting SG with full MLE ?
    Role players splitting MLE and start Qpon at the 2?
    Somehow love Asik and Moore/Ajinca contract to free up some space and miraculously go after Hayward?

Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

Well. After all the panic that it was going to be 28-30m/yr over the past few days I'm glad this is over. 25m/yr is huge but I'm not freaking out about it like I would if it was higher.

As far as the bonuses go, they can count against the cap - if he reaches them. They have bonuses they call "likely" and "unlikely". If any of his bonuses were "likely" then that amount would count towards the cap. Also, if he hits a bonus then the follow year, assuming it's the same bonus and way to hit it, that bonus would count towards cap. Then if he misses it, the next year it wouldn't count.

Without knowing what the bonuses are it's hard to know. I'm just going to go ahead and assume they are unlikely bonuses until we know.

And yes, bonuses are complicated. I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. I don't think anything has changed in regards to them in the new CBA.

If I'm Dell the way the deal is structured would be 8% decreasing every year. I talked about this in another thread but something like this should work out well year 1 - 5.

29.5 - 27.14 - 25 - 23 - 21.13

This comes out to 125.77m so the numbers would have to be tweaked slightly but that's the idea. See by year 4 he's only getting 23m.

I really like this idea to help keep future flexibility because I think his contract is a lot easier to move later if we do this.

We could also do a flat roughly 25-25-25-25-25 contract or we could even do the reverse where it starts at around 21.13 and then rises up to 29.5m. But I like the descending contract the best for us.

Now the question becomes, what did Justin get?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-01-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Well. After all the panic that it was going to be 28-30m/yr over the past few days I'm glad this is over. 25m/yr is huge but I'm not freaking out about it like I would if it was higher.

As far as the bonuses go, they can count against the cap - if he reaches them. They have bonuses they call "likely" and "unlikely". If any of his bonuses were "likely" then that amount would count towards the cap. Also, if he hits a bonus then the follow year, assuming it's the same bonus and way to hit it, that bonus would count towards cap. Then if he misses it, the next year it wouldn't count.

Without knowing what the bonuses are it's hard to know. I'm just going to go ahead and assume they are unlikely bonuses until we know.

And yes, bonuses are complicated. I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. I don't think anything has changed in regards to them in the new CBA.

If I'm Dell the way the deal is structured would be 8% decreasing every year. I talked about this in another thread but something like this should work out well year 1 - 5.

29.5 - 27.14 - 25 - 23 - 21.13

This comes out to 125.77m so the numbers would have to be tweaked slightly but that's the idea. See by year 4 he's only getting 23m.

I really like this idea to help keep future flexibility because I think his contract is a lot easier to move later if we do this.

We could also do a flat roughly 25-25-25-25-25 contract or we could even do the reverse where it starts at around 21.13 and then rises up to 29.5m. But I like the descending contract the best for us.

Now the question becomes, what did Justin get?
    I do think it is interesting that we haven't heard anything about Justin yet. I think if they were a package deal then we would already know. Maybe they got Jrue to sign independent of his brother.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's less than I feared. More than I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I feel the same.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Exactly how I feel.

Yeah this is where I'm at. 25m has always kind of been the tipping point for me. The more we go over that the worse I'd feel about the contract.

Here's to hoping Jrue comes in ready to prove himself and balls out this year.

I do think it is interesting that we haven't heard anything about Justin yet. I think if they were a package deal then we would already know. Maybe they got Jrue to sign independent of his brother.
    No I think Jrue agreed to the deal only after assurances that they would sign his brother. That news hasn't leaked because they probably are still ironing it out and also Justin probably doesn't want it to look like he's riding his brother's coat tails.

Oh also, slight ramification of Jrue's deal. We are going to be an over the cap team so maybe we held onto Cunningham's Birds Rights. Which means we can also go over the cap to sign him.

I'd like to take this moment to congratulate Jruedat on reporting the story first. Just feels right
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I'm happy that the team is happy and there's no doubt that Jrue will adjust to playing with cousins. Jrue had a lot of good games last year but we lost some close games and it really hurt us. If we add a few more pieces, a starting SG and a valuable role player, we could have the roster needed to beat elite teams. Remember, AD, Cousins, and Jrue are entering their prime. Add the right guys to fill out this roster and we will be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information