Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Game 2 GAMEDAY Thread PELS at OKC

Ajinca: still not great at basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I could've sworn the original plan was to get both Holiday brothers on the team. Are you just assuming we didn't bother? How do you know that Justin didn't take our offer?
    At the end of the day, You'd have to imagine Rondo and Holiday backcourt is better than a Holiday and Holiday backcourt.

Darius Miller needs to start. His shooting is more valuable with the starters than whatever Cunningham brings. Cunningham can help more off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Holiday is and will always be a volume scorer. Unless the team gives him 15+ shots a game consistently, he's won't be able to get into a groove.
    Jrue is the type of player that I can totally see going to a bubble contender after his contract is up with us and becoming a 6th man of the year staple. Similar to Eric Gordon.

Nah, I know I didn't just watch Ajinca shoot a 3

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Because he's not signed to the club?
    So how would that be Demps' fault? This isn't NBA 2K. You just throw money at players and they sign or you force sign them.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    How do you figure? They looked confused and discombobulated in the first half. AD still throwing up bad contested long 2s. Holiday doing nothing but throwing lazy turnovers and not aggressive at all.

If not for Demarcus and 7 minutes of Rondo it would have been downright ugly.
    Habits are not something you can break in a short period of time. You're expecting overnight changes. Talent is still an issue. I'm liking the sets, movement, and flow. Execution will follow once these players get comfortable with the system.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I know Ajinca just got back, but god he's awful

I'd say yes. 15 mil tied up in Ajinca and Asik doing absolutely SFA
    What does Ajinca and Asik have to do with your comment about Justin? I disagree, I think 4.5m is an overpay because he doesn't give anything that Clark doesn't.

Are you going to sit here and say you'd rather Justin over Rondo and giving him a million more this year?

I mean, I get that iso ball isn't the thing we want. Especially not long 2s like that. But I mean, Paul George took an even more contested shot than Jones just took and you complimented him because of his Paul George reputation.

That shot by Perry Jones was pretty impressive. Don't see guys his size move that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    How do you figure? They looked confused and discombobulated in the first half. AD still throwing up bad contested long 2s. Holiday doing nothing but throwing lazy turnovers and not aggressive at all.

If not for Demarcus and 7 minutes of Rondo it would have been downright ugly.
    Shamelessly stealing from Pelicans Talk:

Jamelle McMillan? @JamelleMac 29 minutes ago
    Replying to @MasonGinsberg

Game is going to look different this year when it comes to shots. Coach Finch implementing some great stuff here on the offensive end
    From the first game. Second game was a bit less fluid, but overall you still saw better shot selection efficiency. Ton of shots in the paint, The Thunder coaches said our scoring inside was the number one bullet point at the half. It is promising that we have managed to be so strong inside against two teams with very good defensive centers.

The problem is we lacked the outside shooting we had in the first game. Which I suspect is going to be a hot and cold issue all season since we have almost all streaky shooters.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 10-06-2017 at 09:05 PM.

I must say, in an abbreviated preseason these first couple of games have provided almost no clarity at all as to how the rotation should be organized. And normally in the last preseason game you try to set it up as a dry run for the regular season. Lot of mediocre players performing up and down and all around not only from game to game, but from half to half or quarter to quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I know Ajinca just got back, but god he's awful
    He was awful before he left.

Did you know he has an 7'9" wingspan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I must say, in an abbreviated preseason these first couple of games have provided almost no clarity at all as to how the rotation should be organized. And normally in the last preseason game you try to set it up as a dry run for the regular season. Lot of mediocre players performing up and down and all around not only from game to game, but from half to half or quarter to quarter.
    Agreed! I still don't know how it is going to work with the rotation. I hope Clark and Moore are the back up guards

Sign PJIII Dell

So how would that be Demps' fault? This isn't NBA 2K. You just throw money at players and they sign or you force sign them.
    I feel like more should have been done to get both of them here

Why did Solomon Hill have to suffer that injury? Things would be so much clearer with him playing

I feel like more should have been done to get both of them here
    All I'm saying is Dell isn't a mind controller. Can't make Holiday sign unless he drastically overpays.

All I'm saying is Dell isn't a mind controller. Can't make Holiday sign unless he drastically overpays.
    Jrue is complicit in this, after all the club did for him and his wife then holds us to ransom and a drastic overpay as you say

Jrue is complicit in this, after all the club did for him and his wife then holds us to ransom and a drastic overpay as you say
    Is Justin Holiday some kind of mindless basketball bot?

Best lineup I've seen...

Rondo
    Jrue
    Moore
    Brow
    Boogie

I liked what miller did def more confident in what he's doing then when he was here before

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Best lineup I've seen...

Rondo
    Jrue
    Moore
    Brow
    Boogie
    Agreed!
    RIP FlyGirl

The Franchise
    After watching these couple games, PG is a weakness. I don't feel comfortable with anyone other than Rondo with the ball. Jrue is looking more and more like a SG and turning the ball over when he's playing point. Clark, Moore, Allen, and Crawford are all SGs as well. Crawford likes ISO ball too much so I'd say move Crawford for any decent young PG since we have 4 other SGs and miller who could play SG as well. Does Crawford have any value to get something decent in return?

We created a lot of easy chances, but we have to convert them. Overall, it was a good first half. I think ball movement and outside shooting will be a thorn in our side for the 1st half of the year until the team gels a bit more.

Thread Information