Pelicans Report

Thread: Why is Tony Allen not being factored into our defense woes?

Why is Tony Allen not being factored into our defense woes?

Dude is still on our team right? Folks are saying we are missing Hill perimeter Defense and help defense as well as communication for defenders. Tony Allen solves all of this. Is he still a Pelican?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Because we still need to play good defense when he is off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Because we still need to play good defense when he is off the court.
    Did he play yesterday?

I think it is a combination of positions where Hill is a 3 or a 4 and Allen is a 2 or a 3, Allen's lack of offense so while he helps on defense his overall ability isn't as good, Allen is 35 and losing athleticism, and that we were expecting Hill to play 30+ minutes a game whereas right now we have no idea where Allen is in the rotation. I'll echo my own comments from earlier today in that I think our best chance of success is slow, grinding basketball and us playing big each night. Allen at the 3 may not be us going big but if you put AD, Boogie, Holiday, Allen, and Rondo for ~30 minutes a night and try to muck the game up you can probably sustain staying within 6 points of any non contending team and make the game a coinflip at the end of the fourth which would likely lead us into the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Did he play yesterday?
    No.

Has anyone mentioned that it was just one preseason game?

I'm not even trying to be snarky.....but man....yeah.....one preseason game. Like. Boogie didn't even look pressured when he came out to start the 2nd. They're taking it easy. So should we.

What defensive woes?

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that it was just one preseason game?

I'm not even trying to be snarky.....but man....yeah.....one preseason game. Like. Boogie didn't even look pressured when he came out to start the 2nd. They're taking it easy. So should we.
    But but...it was the Bulls doe.... AD and Cousins and Jrue played 30 min each doe.

Are people not allowed to critique pre season games? If not then there's nothing to do until the season starts.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I just assumed it was a DNP- old

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Are people not allowed to critique pre season games? If not then there's nothing to do until the season starts.
    Only compliments are allowed. Otherwise it's just preseason.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

You know, the Golden State Warriors shot 4-33 from 3 point land in their loss to the Nuggets the other night. Warriors must now have 3 point shooting woes.

Woes. Defensive woes. That's not critique. That's like abysmal level. And it's like it's a habitual thing. It was one game. We did awesome the 1st half and the starters were clearly less aggressive second half. Not knocking the foxx, the game thread GoT downright sad. Lol.

Side note.....I was so into GoT that my phone auto-corrects got to GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    You know, the Golden State Warriors shot 4-33 from 3 point land in their loss to the Nuggets the other night. Warriors must now have 3 point shooting woes.
    I elect you for president. This man gets it.

Woes. Defensive woes. That's not critique. That's like abysmal level. And it's like it's a habitual thing. It was one game. We did awesome the 1st half and the starters were clearly less aggressive second half. Not knocking the foxx, the game thread GoT downright sad. Lol.

No knock taken , btw I'm just starting GoT. Better late then never right?

Lmao. I hated the writing and direction last season, but great show overall.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Lmao. I hated the writing and direction last season, but great show overall.
    I agree. Without having the safety net of Marin’s story giving them dialogue, story, and scene ideas, the show really has taken a major step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I just assumed it was a DNP- old
    This

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I agree. Without having the safety net of Marin’s story giving them dialogue, story, and scene ideas, the show really has taken a major step backwards.
    Yeah. I'm not expecting a fantastic final season given how rushed and unimaginative the past season was. I'd rather wait an extra year if it meant a better quality production.

I am reading this thread and wondering, "Did I miss him at the game?" Yeah, he didn't even play, so how can poor defense in a glorified scrimmage be attributed to a man not even in the game? What next, are we going to say that Frank Jackson play is keeping us from having a top notch rotation?

I am not expecting much from TA, but maybe Stacey Augmon (New Orleans Hornets SA) impact from him. The Plastic Man gave us limited mins, but they were impact limited mins.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information