Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Official First Gameday Thread! Pels vs. Bulls at SKC

The Official First Gameday Thread! Pels vs. Bulls at SKC

This ending was dumb.

Even though it was preseason, that was a dreadful second half and loss

Jekyl and Hyde game...thrilling first half and ugly second half

Plays good defense, Chicago forced into a last second 3pt shot from 5ft behind the line. . .

Nothing but net. /sigh

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We very clearly stopped caring once the 2nd half started. Cousins was walking up the court and crap.

Chicago decided they were the best 3pt shooting team of all time on us tonight and couldn't miss.

Boy Jrue looked lost out there tonight. Hope he plays with more fire next time. We only have one true point...we need another penetrator. We have too many outside shooters.

That was a great game. So fluid. So fun. High hopes for this team.

I love how when AD or Boogie grab the rebound they don't dish it back to Rondo to set things up, they just let the game move through them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Beaten by Chicago dear God

Chicago had their starters out there well into the 4th. Thats not saying much but still.

Wow, so much panic over a preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Chicago had their starters out there well into the 4th. Thats not saying much but still.
    The big 4 all played 30 minutes.

That's concerning

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The big 4 all played 30 minutes.

That's concerning
    None of those 30 minutes were in the 4th. Thats not concerning.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The PELS looked solid especially Moore! Poor 3 point shooting, some hesitation and the team lost its rhythm the second half.

I say give Moore more playing time especially with the 2nd unit. I'd love to see Rondo, Moore, Jrue, Cunningham and AD on the court.

Another lineup I like is jrue, Clark, Tony Allen, AD and Cousins.

The PELS need 2-3 players to be consistent shooters. I see it being Moore, Miller and Crawford. But, can we get that 1 elite 3 point shooter? That would balance the offense. Who will be this guy? I think it will be Moore.

Don't be discouraged. We can put it together. I think our defense will show up and we will see this team play 4 quarters. A little more defense, which will happen, and major improvement in 3 point shooting and I see us being a juggernaut. We are still a sleeping giant. We will wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we need to make more 3s and play better perimeter defense. clean those 2 aspects and we win... big

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    replays < live , right ?
    This is the in game TV feed. It is produced under the assumption that you are in the arena looking at the live game in front of you.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Are you ready for irrational panicking over every little negative? Because I am.
    Ah, I've missed this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    maybe the Pels dropped $25 mil on the wrong Holiday?
    Weren't you a mod at KingsFans?

My assumption is Gentry told AD and Boogie at halftime to try and get other people involved, more dishes out and swing the ball around. We had very little of AD and Cousins banging into the paint in the 2nd half.

I'm sure Gentry saw everything he needed from the two bigs, next is trying to get our wings and guards to play. Still takes time. Gotta keep in mind too that we only played Cunningham limited minutes and Ajinca wasn't here due to his child's birth so our bigs rotation is not what it would be. I suppose we didn't see Tony Allen either and only very limited Crawford. Our real season rotations will probably be a good bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    My assumption is Gentry told AD and Boogie at halftime to try and get other people involved, more dishes out and swing the ball around. We had very little of AD and Cousins banging into the paint in the 2nd half.

I'm sure Gentry saw everything he needed from the two bigs, next is trying to get our wings and guards to play. Still takes time. Gotta keep in mind too that we only played Cunningham limited minutes and Ajinca wasn't here due to his child's birth so our bigs rotation is not what it would be. I suppose we didn't see Tony Allen either and only very limited Crawford. Our real season rotations will probably be a good bit different.
    it would appear Crawford is the odd man out from a guard/wing perspective. I would assume Allen/Ajinca will be rotation guys, so who is the odd man out for bigs?

I don't think we have enough bigs to have an odd man out. Cousins, AD, Ajinca, Diallo, Cunningham. They will all get minutes.

I was very encouraged by this game. 46 points in the 1st quarter. Got into the bonus with 4+ min left. To me, the second half was clearly practice and experimentation with lineups. I'm glad the starters played as much as they did, this game is all about rhythm and anticipating each other, that only comes with time. Only discouraging things were poor 3 ball defense and Boogie getting a tech. Still very excited for this season. We are so much better than this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The PELS looked solid especially Moore! Poor 3 point shooting, some hesitation and the team lost its rhythm the second half.

I say give Moore more playing time especially with the 2nd unit. I'd love to see Rondo, Moore, Jrue, Cunningham and AD on the court.

Another lineup I like is jrue, Clark, Tony Allen, AD and Cousins.

The PELS need 2-3 players to be consistent shooters. I see it being Moore, Miller and Crawford. But, can we get that 1 elite 3 point shooter? That would balance the offense. Who will be this guy? I think it will be Moore.

Moore shot well tonight, but he's never been consistent doing that. He can disappear sometimes like Solo. Also, he had 5 TOs. And I think most of those came in the 2nd half when Chicago really turned up the defense. Dude can just move slow as syrup.

I as very much impressed with Clark tho. Golden St. has some serious talent evaluators.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-04-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Moore shot well tonight, but he's never been consistent doing that. He can disappear sometimes like Solo. Also, he had 5 TOs. And I think most of those came in the 2nd half when Chicago really turned up the defense. Dude can just move slow as syrup.

I as very much impressed with Clark tho. Golden St. has some serious talent evaluators.
    Yeah I overlooked the 5 turnovers. You make a good point about solo and Moore. I will say that it's reasonable to expect more consistency from them given they have been through one season with the PELS and know the system.

Clark looked fluid and should be a contributor. We need a catch and shoot guy like Gordon. If we get that a lot of things will come together.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That was a great game. So fluid. So fun. High hopes for this team.

I love how when AD or Boogie grab the rebound they don't dish it back to Rondo to set things up, they just let the game move through them.
    I just noticed that this post hit at 9:56pm (after the game). Ha!

It was still a great game though, and I still have high hopes for this season if last night was any indication. I loved the ball movement, and while I know we wont be able to move the ball at ease against everyone, it was great to see that guys are getting this system that Finch is putting together with Gentry.

Thread Information