Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Official First Gameday Thread! Pels vs. Bulls at SKC

Rondo only has 3 assists. I feel that number is drastically lower than it should be. Well, I guess Boogie has just been initiating a lot for himself.

Perimeter D is just non-existant. Got work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This has been a really weirdly rough game for two teams with no real bad blood in preseason...
    I have a feeling it's the Pels getting frustrated because Chicago is hacking AD and Cousins so much. I was kind of hoping Cousins would charge on Dunn once and just drop him.

I like the rim protection tonight...but I think we could rebound a little better

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Defense has to clean it up. Allowing way too many long buckets. We're defending the rim well, but gotta defend the whole floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I have a feeling it's the Pels getting frustrated because Chicago is hacking AD and Cousins so much. I was kind of hoping Cousins would charge on Dunn once and just drop him.
    I guess I understand why Chicago is doing it, I mean it's not like they actually have anyone who can defend either AD or Boogie, but at some point you have to realise it's basketball not wrestling.

With you on Dunn though, hoping he gets laid out at least once.

Rondo only has 3 assists. I feel that number is drastically lower than it should be. Well, I guess Boogie has just been initiating a lot for himself.
    And ball movement in general means you gotta look at team assists. If there were hockey assists, then Rondo would have closer to 7 or 8.

I mean some of the shots Chicago just hit was dumb too. Defensively it's clear we need to figure it out but not a bad half at all. Looks like our offense will be much improved this year.

Yes Rondo is a floor general, yes Cousins and Davis will score at will, yes we are dangerous on the fast break. But the thing that looks best to me is our chemistry and the overall flow of our game. In previous preseasons and regular seasons for that matter,we often looked confused. Like no one knew where to be or where others were gonna be. The ball is moving quickly. Yes it helps that the Bulls defense sucks, but this stands out to me most.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    Yes Rondo is a floor general, yes Cousins and Davis will score at will, yes we are dangerous on the fast break. But the thing that looks best to me is our chemistry and the overall flow of our game. In previous preseasons and regular seasons for that matter,we often looked confused. Like no one knew where to be or where others were gonna be. The ball is moving quickly. Yes it helps that the Bulls defense sucks, but this stands out to me most.
    Honestly I think Rondo has a good bit to do with that. We have seen some good swing around passes too.

This is where our unorthodox team composition helps us: yeah we look good against this trash defense, but how many teams really have a pair of bigs that much better? Memphis, Miami, Golden State (if you count Draymond), Jazz? More than half the league is packing trash bigs, this game will be a little exaggerated cause of the sheer magnitude of awful that Chicago is right now but this Davis Cousins performance should show up pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is where our unorthodox team composition helps us: yeah we look good against this trash defense, but how many teams really have a pair of bigs that much better? Memphis, Miami, Golden State (if you count Draymond), Jazz? More than half the league is packing trash bigs, this game will be a little exaggerated cause of the sheer magnitude of awful that Chicago is right now but this Davis Cousins performance should show up pretty often.
    And even they don't stack up. Draymond can't guard AD. Just like McGee can't guard Boogie. Only team with a player that gives us a serious challenge is the Heat with Whiteside and Gobert on Utah.

Boogie has destroyed Gasol before. And really, Whiteside is more of a threat offensively because he's a very good offensive rebounder too.

Honestly I think Rondo has a good bit to do with that. We have seen some good swing around passes too.
    True but I think it also has to do with the team finally being healthy and having a training camp (although short). Rondo definitely plays a part but as we've seen in the Bulls last season......it aint all Rondo lol. Seems like our overall IQ has went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And even they don't stack up. Draymond can't guard AD. Just like McGee can't guard Boogie. Only team with a player that gives us a serious challenge is the Heat with Whiteside and Gobert on Utah.

Boogie has destroyed Gasol before. And really, Whiteside is more of a threat offensively because he's a very good offensive rebounder too.
    You're right, of course.
    I almost mentioned the Wolves, since the media lives the AD/KAT rivalry so much, but then I remembered KAT has never won a single game against AD. So yup.

So is that it for Davis and Cousins based on there minutes already?

The effort has dipped.

Yeah by quite a bit. Jrue needs to be more aggressive this season.

Where the hell has the rebounding gone? And the pace? And the passing? Jeez

Who has a stream that’s not location dependent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we should have signed Justin Holiday. Lol.

Rondo said Jrue wouls get a lot of layups this season because he's one of the best cutter he's ever played with

maybe the Pels dropped $25 mil on the wrong Holiday?

Did the monstars show up at halftime? Christ...

What a horrible start

Some crazy shots for the Bulls are going down. But the defense is letting them get anything they want.

Thread Information