Pelicans Report

Thread: End of the game: Who's your final 5?

End of the game: Who's your final 5?

All the talk is about who will the starting 5 will be. Another question is who will finish the game? When the game is on the line with 2 minutes to go in a close game, who will be on the court in crunch time?

We have a bit of a luxury with 2 big men that can shoot free throws in Davis/Cousins. So they can stay in the game. Unlike many big men like DeAndre Jordan, Drummond, Dwight Howard who become liabilities at the end of a game.

My guess would be Cousins/Davis/Moore/Holliday with the 5th spot up in the air. Rondo would be a liability with his low % free throw shooting but best in setting the offense. Does Clark come in with his shooting? Allen as a "closer" when the team is ahead? Thoughts?

I honestly think the finishing 5 will depend on matchups more than anything. Depending mainly on the SF that the other team has on the court. I don't see Clark being in the final 5 unless Rondo FT% late game becomes a problem with other teams hacking him. I could see Clark taking Rondo's place if he plays well during the season.

Cousins/Davis/Cunningham/Holliday/Rondo - Quality SF for other team.
    Cousins/Davis/Moore/Holliday/Rondo - Non quality SF or smaller one and need offense
    Cousins/Davis/Allen/Holliday/Rondo - Non quality SF or smaller one and need defense

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I honestly think the finishing 5 will depend on matchups more than anything. Depending mainly on the SF that the other team has on the court. I don't see Clark being in the final 5 unless Rondo FT% late game becomes a problem with other teams hacking him. I could see Clark taking Rondo's place if he plays well during the season.

Cousins/Davis/Cunningham/Holliday/Rondo - Quality SF for other team.
    Cousins/Davis/Moore/Holliday/Rondo - Non quality SF or smaller one and need offense
    Cousins/Davis/Allen/Holliday/Rondo - Non quality SF or smaller one and need defense
    I agree in theory but it seems every time I hear a coach interviewed they talk a lot about getting players in a rhythm and them knowing their roles. Cunningham was supposedly upset over not having a consistent role. RoLo while here said he just wanted a consistent role. I would hope that it really isn't that big of a deal to rotate a single player at the end of games (as in your lineups) but if it were, I would say your third choice is probably best for our team, at least until Hill returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Are we really forgetting about Crawford.... He is better than Clark at least we've seen what Crawford can do all we know about clark is that he was on the end of the bench for the warriors
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Thread Information