Pelicans Report

Thread: Jordan Crawford declares Sixth Man of The Year a lock!

Jordan Crawford declares Sixth Man of The Year a lock!

If given the opportunity.
    Check out @AlexKennedyNBA’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...291563520?s=09

Don't know how to embed tweets but that is the link to the tweet by Alex Kennedy quoting Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    If given the opportunity.
    Check out @AlexKennedyNBA’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...291563520?s=09

Don't know how to embed tweets but that is the link to the tweet by Alex Kennedy quoting Crawford.
    Article embedded in the tweet >> http://hoopshype.com/2017/09/26/how-...ed-his-career/

Well good for him, and I happen to agree he's in good position and has the right game, but it should be noted that in his youth he also believed he was better than Jordan. As in the guy with the last name, not the first.

Didn't Heild declare rookie of the year too?
    Look how the panned out.
    Trade mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Didn't Heild declare rookie of the year too?
    Look how the panned out.
    Trade mid season.
    If Crawford becomes the main piece of a trade for a superstar I don't think anyone here will complain.

Hell yeah love the confidence, even if he doesn't do it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I was told by some pelicansreport authority that Jordan Crawford wasn't a 6th man.

I imagine it may be hard for him to get enough minutes to even claim to be the 6th man. You have Allen, Clark, Moore, Miller already trying to vie for playing time on the wing. Crawford can play PG if it's in a limited role. But I imagine pelicans may want to stagger ball handling duties between Rondo and Jrue (when Rondo is off the floor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I was told by some pelicansreport authority that Jordan Crawford wasn't a 6th man.
    Because until he proves he can earn enough consistent playing time to even be considered, he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Because until he proves he can earn enough consistent playing time to even be considered, he is not.
    Mmkay

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    I imagine it may be hard for him to get enough minutes to even claim to be the 6th man. You have Allen, Clark, Moore, Miller already trying to vie for playing time on the wing. Crawford can play PG if it's in a limited role. But I imagine pelicans may want to stagger ball handling duties between Rondo and Jrue (when Rondo is off the floor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well to be fair he did say if given the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Crawford is a pretty delusionally confident player, so is Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Crawford is a pretty delusionally confident player, so is Rondo
    4x allstar, 4x defensive team, 3x leading the league in assists, NBA champion, playoff beast Rondo is delusionally confident? Wow okay.

As far as Crawford, if he can keep up his play from last season he would definitely have a shot. He won't get the minutes to win the award, but if he keeps up that play he will be valuable for us.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    4x allstar, 4x defensive team, 3x leading the league in assists, NBA champion, playoff beast Rondo is delusionally confident? Wow okay.

As far as Crawford, if he can keep up his play from last season he would definitely have a shot. He won't get the minutes to win the award, but if he keeps up that play he will be valuable for us.
    He thinks hes still one of the best pointguards in the league, and has said some pretty unrealistic things about his own expectations. Ive seen it in interviews.

Crawford wasnt in the league for two years, he put up really good numbers in about 20 games, but theres a good reason he wasnt in the league the two years before that.

Im ok with delusional confidence, it breeds hard work and confident play.

I hope that he does,that would mean this team is headed in the right direction. I do think he's the best 3pt shooter on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    He thinks hes still one of the best pointguards in the league, and has said some pretty unrealistic things about his own expectations. Ive seen it in interviews.

Crawford wasnt in the league for two years, he put up really good numbers in about 20 games, but theres a good reason he wasnt in the league the two years before that.

Im ok with delusional confidence, it breeds hard work and confident play.
    Rondo and Chris Paul are still the best floor generals in the league. The PG position has evolved into a more of a scoring position but as a pure point he is still one of the best.

You gotta read the article attached to the tweet regarding Crawford (PB&G posted the link). He explained that he knew he was out of the league because of his inefficiency and how he's work to correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    I hope that he does,that would mean this team is headed in the right direction. I do think he's the best 3pt shooter on the team.
    I agree. If he were to win 6th man of the year, the team should be playing pretty darned well.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I agree. If he were to win 6th man of the year, the team should be playing pretty darned well.
    I know right! I'm so excited and anxious to see how this team works out. I've never been so optimistically unsure about a season before (if that makes sense). I believe this team is so uniquely built in this fast pace NBA now a days that it's either going to be great or blow up. We are like a more talented and bigger Memphis team with Gasol, Z-bo, Tony Allen, and Conley in their prime that would beat you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If Crawford becomes the main piece of a trade for a superstar I don't think anyone here will complain.
    Lol. Yeah. He got us Cousins. That makes him rookie of the year in my heart.

If Crawford is consistently knocking down 3s, he will play a lot, and he is on position where all he has to do is drain 3s and get 6th man.

You'll get your palace, Jordan Crawford.

Thread Information