Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Media Day Thread

So who's Going to be doing the training camp updates?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I would feel a lot more optimistic right now, if the Pel's had a coach, who truly is behind the idea to zig while everybody is zagging. But instead Gentry once again talks about playing uptempo, about how our bigs are versatile, how good of a 3pt shooter Cuz is, how he doesn't want to change the style of play just because Cuz is with the Pel's now, how Jrue could play SF and on and on. Nothing about defense as the main corner stone of this franchise, nothing how other teams could be forced to adapt to the Pel's bigs instead of the other way round, nothing about upping the physicality or really commiting to the wrestling match in the paint.
    Where is the point in playing big, when you treat your bigs like wings? If the goal is to run the floor, why play big at all? Yes both of our bigs are skilled, but they still aren't guards of wings. I don't think you need to slow the game down at all costs. but playing uptempo shouldn't be the main focal point anymore, when you have weapons like AD and Cuz in the halfcourt.
    Rondo, Allen, DMC all talk about the defensive mindset and all 3 are extremely stubborn and strong willed guys. Worst case would be a players vs head coach scenario like we witnessed in SAC during Karl's tenure, where Rondo and Cuz basically were pleading Karl to slow down the game and to focus more on defense.

Actually Mike Malone or David Joerger would somehow give me a much better feeling as headcoaches of the Pel's, than Gentry does, with his Golden State fetish.
    We have one year to make this work. We don't have time for controverses about how to approach the game.

Had to atleast have one person bring down the room.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Shoutout to #1 Pelicans/Saints Fan on Youtube. Dude really is on top of it.

Was Dell doing suicides before the presser? Breathing hard

Quote Originally Posted by Krysanthem View Post
    I would feel a lot more optimistic right now, if the Pel's had a coach, who truly is behind the idea to zig while everybody is zagging. But instead Gentry once again talks about playing uptempo, about how our bigs are versatile, how good of a 3pt shooter Cuz is, how he doesn't want to change the style of play just because Cuz is with the Pel's now, how Jrue could play SF and on and on. Nothing about defense as the main corner stone of this franchise, nothing how other teams could be forced to adapt to the Pel's bigs instead of the other way round, nothing about upping the physicality or really commiting to the wrestling match in the paint.
    To be frank, I don't think it really matters. Last year our defense was astronomically improved, and that's the kind of thing you would expect things to improve again with some of our new pieces and continuity. Erman's seems capable of constructing a coherent defense regardless of what Gentry tells him. Similarly, given the addition of Finch to run the offense, I could easily see him masterminding the entire offense from the ground up, and Gentry has even discussed parts of Finches ideas in interviews and press questioning.

So if Finch is running the offense, and Erman is running the defense, there's a reasonable chance that Gentry is going to be a figurehead more than anything. So who cares what he says?

Lol, atleast it's something we need some ninjas on the tweets and info on pelsreport man

Jrue has corn rows now?

Man what's with headband AD?
    It doesn't suit him.
    Takes away from the uni.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It doesn't suit him.
    Takes away from the uni.
    Apparently he was inspired by Boogie. Not sure if it's going to be a permanent look.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

If Gentry is still running the offense, God have mercy on our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It doesn't suit him.
    Takes away from the uni.
    it is another thing to make Boogie comfortable
    AD is his little brother. little brother often look at elder brothers...

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/

I encourage everyone to go watch all the videos from camp. They are uploading new interviews for each day. Tony Allen, Rondo, Cousins were particularly good.

There is one annoying reporter who asks basically every person about, "Isn't it interesting there are 4 UK players here" and you can tell every time they have to answer it's a huge eye roll of we don't really care about that right now. He only ever asks questions about UK players on the team and what they think of that. I hope he works for the university otherwise all the UK players should get extra security for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Track record says he's pretty damn good at it. That's what he's know for. And probably why he hired Finch since he knows this team isn't really built for his style.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Track record says he's pretty damn good at it. That's what he's know for. And probably why he hired Finch since he knows this team isn't really built for his style.
    Exactly my point. We need an offense that takes advantage of the twin towers. Hopefully Finch is very involved

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I encourage everyone to go watch all the videos from camp. They are uploading new interviews for each day. Tony Allen, Rondo, Cousins were particularly good.

There is one annoying reporter who asks basically every person about, "Isn't it interesting there are 4 UK players here" and you can tell every time they have to answer it's a huge eye roll of we don't really care about that right now. He only ever asks questions about UK players on the team and what they think of that. I hope he works for the university otherwise all the UK players should get extra security for a few days.
    ^^ What he said. Definitely helping me to get my fix. Just watched them for the past half hour.

Dell said Hill tore his hamstring playing a pickup game? BREH

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    !!

One thing that stuck out to me was Tony Allen saying he is on the second unit right now. I know people were wondering if it would be he or Cunningham getting the nod to start and I guess that hints at it being Cunningham right now. Though Gentry’s platoon comments could just mean we will see a rotation depending on night and matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    One thing that stuck out to me was Tony Allen saying he is on the second unit right now. I know people were wondering if it would be he or Cunningham getting the nod to start and I guess that hints at it being Cunningham right now. Though Gentry’s platoon comments could just mean we will see a rotation depending on night and matchup.
    Actually, I don't think its either of them, more then likely it's Miller. Would think DC comes in to spell AD or DMC. Allen to spell JH, RR or rotate w/others at the 3 spot. Would think we intend to keep 2 of the fab 4 on court at all times.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 09-29-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I always assumed Allen was coming off the bench. It made the most sense. He is there to be our defensive stopper when we go against the elite wings. Will probably so offensive, defensive rotations to end games.

I thought it was between Miller and Cunningham. They will probably try to give Miller run first to see how he does. Maybe he will end up being our Joe Ingles.

I always assumed Allen was coming off the bench. It made the most sense. He is there to be our defensive stopper when we go against the elite wings. Will probably so offensive, defensive rotations to end games.

I thought it was between Miller and Cunningham. They will probably try to give Miller run first to see how he does. Maybe he will end up being our Joe Ingles.
    Looks like they are gonna give Cunningham run first, was kind if hoping it was Miller so he would be asked to do less. But it's only preseason gotta figure out the rotation now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Looks like they are gonna give Cunningham run first, was kind if hoping it was Miller so he would be asked to do less. But it's only preseason gotta figure out the rotation now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I'm sure the Pels are looking at all options right now. Miller is still untested starting in the NBA, they will probably try to. Break him in slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm hoping we get Jruedrick Lamar. I'm hoping the braids help him channel his inner Kawhi Leonard.
    His song will be Humble

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    His song will be Humble
    Lol

If he was humble he wouldn't have taken a contract more than AD

Thread Information